The Return of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
View attachment 733657 Just cracked open 2 100ml bottles of Bobas with zero nic ordered on March 16 from the last sale and it had a very light brown colour to it and had a rotten veggy smell mentioned above..This is not Bobas very disappointed

Its the one on the right

I use to save water bottles too, thinking they might be worth money one day. Then they started this crazy thing called recycling....

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have spent a good deal of coin so far on the new stuff and it has to stop. 500 mls of the new stuff, all I can say if your a addictive person like me and believe that it taste like rotten fruit move on, I have DIY'ed for the last few years never even coming close to any substitute for the beloved juice, lots of really good others, but never AVE, I will pay for shipping of any juice you received from alien that you found rotten as long as they are in original bottles and you have the order slip, they are legit and if you don't think they are the same, something may have changed with you set up or vaping style. It may well be you got a bad batch but I have had 3 orders since the release and all were gold. Maybe not worth what the are charging but still...I do Agree they need to readjust the price a little with the times, and add a gold plated dropper and glass bottles for the price they charge.

ScRue58

Apr 21, 2017
Just purchased 30mL each of Boba's and GJ in 3mg nic. Wanted to give them a taste before I buy the big boys. I have them steeping right now and won't touch them for at least a week (I hope). With those in hand, I will now (as in RIGHT NOW) commence to finishing off my last 100mL bottle of 6mg nic I've had in the fridge for the last three years while I wait for new bottles to steep... ...Yep, still good! Tasting tasty in my Baby Beast with baby T8 coils at 60w, half air open. Mmmmmm....ahhhh.... Can't wait to dig into the new stuff and taste it alongside the last of my old stash. Price: there is that...

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I guess you had no idea I was not responding to your post, that's why I have the other guy quoted (lol).

No worries. No offense taken.

Haha. Which way is up matters. Didn't mean to lump you in. But did want you to note his pic since you've seen the pack. That's why I put you on top of the question.

Hopeful they'll be able to keep up the recipe with the demands for reduced pricing and all the shiit goin on.

I never exp much change in the original Boba's since I first picked it up in '13. Did have a coupl'a times where the banana didn't quite sizzle in the gorilla's pan. Always tried to keep one handy for everyone I peeled.

Good luck. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I think part of the problem here is that the devices being used today go through juice much faster than back in the days of the 510 atomizers where you vape 3-4 drops at a time. My 100ml bottle lasted me 3+ weeks. Nowadays I go through 100ml/week on a Zenith RDA at 40 watts. I know many folks vape at much higher wattages and go through juice even faster.
I went digging and found my old school MTL Atomic atomizer. This thing is warm even at 20 watts. Hopefully this will slow down my juice consumption a bit and make things a little bit more economical.

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
Same opinion I only vape it at evening and week end, and use a MTL tank (doggystyle) around 25w but still consumer 100 ml in two weeks.
Price is just too expensive for modern day device.
Beside boba I also vape a juice called prairie from bigglesworth lab. 25$ for 120 ml.
I hope aliens vision will hear our request and lower the price. Devices changed and we consume more anyway (so the quantity of boba we vape will increase anyway, more orders for them, but at 40 dollars it is not doable for me).

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Haha. Which way is up matters. Didn't mean to lump you in. But did want you to note his pic since you've seen the pack. That's why I put you on top of the question.

Hopeful they'll be able to keep up the recipe with the demands for reduced pricing and all the shiit goin on.

I never exp much change in the original Boba's since I first picked it up in '13. Did have a coupl'a times where the banana didn't quite sizzle in the gorilla's pan. Always tried to keep one handy for everyone I peeled.

Good luck. :)

I think he unfortunately got the wrong Bobas. I can only imagine what he's tasting.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Just an FYI: I think I’ve purchased 800mls of the new stuff (2 separate orders) and they’ve all smelled/tasted normal to me. I store mine in a deep freezer, but when this subject came up I went and gave them all a good sniff, and they all smell like heaven!

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
My first 30ml bottle was delicious stuff. My second bottle has this weird rotted vegetable thing going on.... looks like AV is going to be a hit or miss situation again.

View attachment 733657 Just cracked open 2 100ml bottles of Bobas with zero nic ordered on March 16 from the last sale and it had a very light brown colour to it and had a rotten veggy smell mentioned above..This is not Bobas very disappointed

Its the one on the right

I just received one of these bad batches after going through 600mls of good stuff. I ordered 2 100ml bottles in 3 and 6 mg nic. The 6mg had an off smell and i could not even vape a few drops of it. The best way I can think to describe the flavor is as if someone had put some cigarette ash into some VG. The 3mg isn't as bad but still not up to par with the previous 600ml that I received. I was initially thinking about keeping the 3mg bottle and sending the 6mg back but the more i vape the 3mg the worse it gets. Hopefully the replacements will be ok.

• Informative
Reactions: Clark Kent

CDATundra

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
Idaho
I just received one of these bad batches after going through 600mls of good stuff. I ordered 2 100ml bottles in 3 and 6 mg nic. The 6mg had an off smell and i could not even vape a few drops of it. The best way I can think to describe the flavor is as if someone had put some cigarette ash into some VG. The 3mg isn't as bad but still not up to par with the previous 600ml that I received. I was initially thinking about keeping the 3mg bottle and sending the 6mg back but the more i vape the 3mg the worse it gets. Hopefully the replacements will be ok.

Has anyone that received one of these bad batches contacted AVE, and if you did what did they have to say? I know none of us want to see this start to happen again.

Pyr0

Jun 13, 2013
Merseyside, UK
Subscribing to this thread out of interest.
Bobas was (and now is again) my all day vape and I never did manage to find anything to replace it.. (flavour 39 was a weak imitation)
I was overjoyed when I read that Bobas was back and quickly ordered 300ml.
With the delivery to the UK and duties, it cost more than any other juice I've ever purchased, but it was good to have Bobas back in my tank again.
Some of the last few posts have me concerned about placing future orders though and I'd be very interested to hear what AVE say about it.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
In the past when Boba's had the problem, mine was replaced no questions asked (assume they knew there was an issue).

We still have the same policy we always have! If you ever end up with a bottle that you are unsatisfied with, either it be a bad batch or a flavor you simply don't like, we are more than willing to swap it out for a fresh batch, different flavor, or even a refund. As long as you are willing to send it back to us, we'll make sure you get taken care of.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Update + comment.

I've been giving these bottles a good shake every couple of hours and 2 days later they are now both more vapable. Most of the "ashiness" has gone away but the flavor is still missing many of the nuanced oatmeal cooke/raisin/chocolate flavor. As a matter of fact this tastes exactly like Flavor 39 now. I suspect the person who made my order may have mistakenly filled it w/ Flavor 39. I would actually keep these bottles and vape them if I didn't know that Boba's is available again.

With respect to AVE's customer service. During the course of 6 years of ordering from AVE I've only had to send back 2 orders. They quickly and promptly replaced my orders without any questions. I do sympathize with people placing international orders since the cost of sending them back is quite expensive. Mailing back a flat rate package from San Francisco to Lancaster (340 miles away) is $6.70 cents. Mailing from Canada to Lancaster is $24.95. UK to Lancaster is $35. All money we are out due to someone else's mistake.

Reactions: mackman

Pyr0

Jun 13, 2013
Merseyside, UK
We still have the same policy we always have! If you ever end up with a bottle that you are unsatisfied with, either it be a bad batch or a flavor you simply don't like, we are more than willing to swap it out for a fresh batch, different flavor, or even a refund. As long as you are willing to send it back to us, we'll make sure you get taken care of.
When ordering from the UK, the above reports, high price and time taken to ship makes it slightly worrying to know there may be bad bottles.
Would you refund return shipping if it was a bad batch since it is not the customer's fault?
How about an extra $1 option to quickly check the smell/contents of the bottle before despatch?

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
... All money we are out due to someone else's mistake.

You do bring up a valid point. Generally when a faulty bottle or batch is sent back for replacement, we do try to throw in some extra juice with the fresh bottle(s) to help offset the cost of shipping. In the past, I believe we have issued partial refunds where shipping costs are a major concern of the customer. We try to do SOMETHING extra when the issue originates on our end to make amends and ensure that both sides feel like the problem is fairly resolved.

I know that's not a very concrete answer, but the truth is that these cases are rather rare and lately we've handled these situations on a case-by-case basis. We try to be as flexible as possible when ensuring that you, the customer, are getting your money's worth one way or another. We don't advertise that last detail largely because we wouldn't want someone to start taking advantage of that intentionally somehow.

When ordering from the UK, the above reports, high price and time taken to ship makes it slightly worrying to know there may be bad bottles.
Would you refund return shipping if it was a bad batch since it is not the customer's fault?
How about an extra $1 option to quickly check the smell/contents of the bottle before despatch?

Oddly, I don't think I have had to personally deal with an international return before aside from maybe one from Canada in which case I think we ended up sending enough juice to cover the cost since they had been a long-term customer with us. I'll have to get back to you later this week with a better response on how we would handle that situation. I believe international orders are handled slightly differently, depending on what method you used to get the juice to you.

The issue of bad batches of juice is being highlighted in this thread, so I can understand your concern, but I can say with confidence that it is not a common problem we have.

EDIT/UPDATE 4/24: I meant to get back to this last week, but it slipped my mind. In regards to international returns, if there is a glaring issue with an order (such as a missing bottle, wrong bottle, wrong flavor inside a bottle, etc.) we would be willing to to handle all costs involved. For issues regarding an "off" tasting bottle, we would most likely have you ship that back to us at your expense unless we've had reports of similar issues within the same time period. Ultimately, such problems would continue to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread