The Return of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
You do bring up a valid point. Generally when a faulty bottle or batch is sent back for replacement, we do try to throw in some extra juice with the fresh bottle(s) to help offset the cost of shipping. In the past, I believe we have issued partial refunds where shipping costs are a major concern of the customer. We try to do SOMETHING extra when the issue originates on our end to make amends and ensure that both sides feel like the problem is fairly resolved.

Just to be clear, I am not personally complaining about having to pay to ship it back. In my experience it is fairly standard practice in most businesses. I just wanted to shine a light on the fact that it is more painful for our international friends due to the high shipping costs.

jahpunk

Mar 21, 2018
France, PARIS
hey, i don't know if i can talk about this here but about international vaper who love BB&GJ (which i am), you should try PlanetExpress. It cost me "only"8$ to ship my 130ml of boba's+GJ and they remove invoice as option.
No DHL + No invoice = No dutty then
And finally, it cost me like 4.9€/10ml; More than a fair price here in Europe for a juice like that.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Wow, I had given up on ever seeing Bobas again and moved on. Think I vaped it almost exclusively for 4 years until it was no longer produced, even scrounged 200ml from a friend that happened to have some after the drought. I found out it was back in some random thread I happen to hit googling another device a few minutes ago.

So I guess I order and give it a try... not sure if I’m gonna do any 500ml orders like I used to, but who knows.

Thanks for pursuing the return of B.B. & GJ.

Reactions: Izan

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Update + comment.

I've been giving these bottles a good shake every couple of hours and 2 days later they are now both more vapable. Most of the "ashiness" has gone away but the flavor is still missing many of the nuanced oatmeal cooke/raisin/chocolate flavor. As a matter of fact this tastes exactly like Flavor 39 now. I suspect the person who made my order may have mistakenly filled it w/ Flavor 39. I would actually keep these bottles and vape them if I didn't know that Boba's is available again.

Update to my Update:

Ended up keeping the 3mg bottle as it was passable but still sent the 6mg bottle back. I didnt want to wait for it to ship to AVE and then wait for AVE to ship me a new one so I ordered 2 more 3mg bottles the same day i shipped the old one back. Just got the 2 new bottles in the mail today. Have vaped about 3ml so far today and it seems to be ok. I'll report back here if there is anything odd about this batch but so far I have no complaints.

Reactions: mackman

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
So I'm pretty hyped to see this Juice back on the market after nearly 3 years. Though it is kind of sad to see how the hype train has kind of left the station, the vaping world is so different than it was even 2 years ago, let alone 2012 when I quit smoking on the back of BB.

The intrigue over this juice is just out of this world, I would sign a bonded NDA if Ben would tell me the true story of how he found this flavor, how it has remained un-cloned for 8 years of trying, how he lost it and how he got it back.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I could use the forum's help here. I'm not quite sure what to do.
I now have 3 separate batches of Boba's Bounty. All 3 batches smell and taste different. I compared these current batches to a small test bottle I was sent prior to the re-release of Boba's (the small bottle tasted exactly as I expected and remembered it).

Batch 1 - Smells and tastes similar to the original small sample bottle i was sent with less cookie/raisin/sweetness.
Batch 2 - Has less of the cookie/raisin flavor and also almost no sweetness at all and tastes darker (think of a light roast vs a dark roast coffee). This was the replacement bottle I received for the for the previous batch i sent back.
Batch 3 - Completely unvapable. Smells and tastes like paint thinner/nail polish remover.

This is on the same mod, atomizer, wattage that I've been vaping on for the past 3 years. I tried new coil/wick for testing with each batch. I had my wife (former vaper) sniff test each bottle and give me feedback without telling her anything about the juices and she pretty much stated the same thing as me.

I am sure AVE will be willing to replace these bottles again but I don't want to keep playing this game of sending bottles back and forth hoping that one of the shipments finally gets it right.

Any ideas/suggestions?

MonsterTKE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
I am sure AVE will be willing to replace these bottles again but I don't want to keep playing this game of sending bottles back and forth hoping that one of the shipments finally gets it right.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I have not have any issues in the past with this (way way past), and the bottle I just got was spot on, but this seems to be a common theme. Didn't Ben say once that he mixes this stuff up per bottle per order?

Last edited:
Reactions: BentWookie

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I ordered a bottle of Boba's early morning, it will be just my 2nd one. The first was just before it fizzled out. I did accidentally order a bottle with the same name from a place with a similar name in the beginning, what a disappointment that was.
Looking forward to trying it again (the real one).

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I have not have any issues in the past with this (way way past), and the bottle I just got was spot on, but this seems to be a common theme. Didn't Ben say once that he mixes this stuff up per bottle per order?
All I can think of is to have a conversation with Ben. Possibly he is not aware and needs to look into it (just spit balling here).

I did a little more research. This problem is not unique to AVE. There were a couple of rare reports from people who had the same issue with Virgin Vapor, MBV, and 1 other vendor I don't recall. Some people suggested that the issue could be due to alcohol which the flavoring was suspended in. I have no idea though if AVE suspends their flavorings in alcohol. The smell of nail polish remover is still very pronounced 3 days later.

I sent an email to AVE on Friday afternoon w/ a copy/paste of my forum post but have not heard back yet. Will update with any feedback they provide. I am very hopeful this is an isolated incident as AVE's juices have been my ADV for several years now.

On the bright side the 6mg bottle I received is very vapable and well within the flavor range expected from Boba's.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I could use the forum's help here. I'm not quite sure what to do.
I now have 3 separate batches of Boba's Bounty. All 3 batches smell and taste different. I compared these current batches to a small test bottle I was sent prior to the re-release of Boba's (the small bottle tasted exactly as I expected and remembered it).

Howdy BentWookie!

Ben here. It would be frustrating to get three bottles all with different outcomes. We work hard to ensure every recipe is mistake proof and that the flavors remain consistent batch to batch. So, when something like this happens we want to see what is going on. A description doesn’t do the problem justice and makes it near impossible to address an issue on our end if there is one, this is the reason why we like to get problem bottles back.

My manager sent your support ticket to me and I’m looking into it on our end. I’m not in the same state at the moment but I’m having them ship me the same sizes and flavors from your orders so I can check them out. If they turn out good we can ship you a duplicate order at that time. It’s not what we usually do but I get the sense you might be more frustrated than you let on (I would be with three different experiences from three different bottles).

My manager should be getting back in touch with you via the support system in e-mails with the standard customer service responses. I’ll let him know how we will get you taken care of moving forward. I hope this helps!

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Howdy BentWookie!

Ben here. It would be frustrating to get three bottles all with different outcomes. We work hard to ensure every recipe is mistake proof and that the flavors remain consistent batch to batch. So, when something like this happens we want to see what is going on. A description doesn’t do the problem justice and makes it near impossible to address an issue on our end if there is one, this is the reason why we like to get problem bottles back.

My manager sent your support ticket to me and I’m looking into it on our end. I’m not in the same state at the moment but I’m having them ship me the same sizes and flavors from your orders so I can check them out. If they turn out good we can ship you a duplicate order at that time. It’s not what we usually do but I get the sense you might be more frustrated than you let on (I would be with three different experiences from three different bottles).

My manager should be getting back in touch with you via the support system in e-mails with the standard customer service responses. I’ll let him know how we will get you taken care of moving forward. I hope this helps!

Hi Ben!

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. I appreciate you looking into this personally. I am sure you are as keen to find out what's going on with my orders as I am. I'm hoping this turns out to be something trivial like "someone forgot to shake the flavoring bottles before mixing". I'd be happy to send the offending bottles back if your team wants to check them out. It would be also nice to have confirmation that I'm not crazy (as far as ejuice is concerned).

-Bent

Reactions: YePsTeR

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Confession Time:
I found part of the problem. I am an idiot. No excuses. The 2 bottles I was comparing to Boba's was not even Boba's. It was flavor 39. For some reason I guess in my last order I had clicked Flavor 39 instead of Boba's. I didnt even bother to check what the label said until today when Allen pointed out my latest order was actually Flavor 39. So obviously I'm comparing apples to oranges.
With that being said I still think the Flavor 39 doesn't smell or taste right. I vaped it exclusively for years while Boba's was absent. That still doesnt excuse the fact that I'm an idiot.

As usual though AVE's customer service has been top notch during this entire ordeal and while dealing with my idiocy. I just hope they have a good sense of humor over there and can have a good laugh.

• Informative

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I tried a small test batch before the re-release too. I was also around back when the old Boba's was eagerly anticipated every week. Times and tastes change, but the sample and the subsequent three 100ml bottles are everything I remember. I also vaped flavor 39 and thought it was very much like Boba's, just a bit less sweet and missing that mysterious raisiny note. The three 100ml orders I've placed since it's back have been (to my taste) very consistent and are dead on for the original. AVE are good people and will surely figure it out. FWIW, I am another victim of "Bogus Boba's". It WAS NOT a good experience.
Charles

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I noticed a return of Bobas and just couldn't resist a little 60ml order just to see as it has been years since I vaped it. Have to say....delighted that I did. I also ordered a 30ml bottle of Hype that I haven't ordered for over 6 years.

Can see 100ml bottles of both coming my way shortly !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread