The right way to quit smoking with ecigs: my unofficial opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
i don't think there is any right or wrong way to quit smoking, just do it any way you want. It is easy to quit with ecigs for many people. you don't need pressure. anyway you do it is will have benefits. If you pressure yourself to totally quit and you fail then you could get depressed and give up on it altogether.
I had quit for 4 years after using chantix for several months. when i relapsed i had no crutch to fall back on and within days i was back to being a full fledged addict. If you offer me a cigarette today i'll likely take it, smoke less than half of it and go right back to vaping. I've done it several times over the last year, no sweat, no cigarette addiction, no pressure. I'm damn sure not going to go out and pay $6 for a pack of analogues.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
I got lucky. I almost immediately preferred e-cigs over analogs, so it make it easy. Once I got a good setup and some juice I liked, the desire for stinkies went away completely. I don't even consider them an option anymore. The only thing I I desire beyond what I have is finding another great juice to add to the mix.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I got lucky. I almost immediately preferred e-cigs over analogs, so it make it easy. Once I got a good setup and some juice I liked, the desire for stinkies went away completely. I don't even consider them an option anymore. The only thing I I desire beyond what I have is finding another great juice to add to the mix.

AH! the neverending quest lol. for me, the fun is in the hunt with diy. i go for coffee variations and ry4 variations.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
The right way to quit smoking is whatever works for you.

Vaping has worked for me. I still smoke a couple of cigs but I am so happy since I used to smoke 40 plus cigs a day. Vaping has kept my mood and self esteem up while I quit smoking:)

if only you could get rid of the flashbacks!!! just kidding you about the double post lol

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Quitting at your own pace is the best way. Ecigs take away the desire for most of them right away, but lots of us think we still need one after a meal and one or two with morning coffee. I was that way. One day I decided to drop them and found that there was nothing, not even an urge to smoke another one.

For two years after starting to vape, I thought I still needed a few cigs a day. I was wrong. I could have quit them at any time but didn't know it. Still, I think gradual cessation is a good way to transition. Let the ecig control it.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Exactly. There were times when a cigarette was almost mandatory for me. First thing in the morning with my coffee, right after a meal and of course, post coitus ... I now vape instead at those times. It's nice not to have to worry about having a lighter, ashtray, second hand smoke and potentially catching something on fire because you either forgot where you left your cigarette or absentmindedly got it too close to something flammable! Of course, I now have other concerns such as fresh batteries, ample juice and backup delivery devices but those are still much less of a hassle IMO. And last but not least, the health benefits and cost savings ... it's a no-brainer to me! :)

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida

This has been my experience, too.

I think that's what made it so easy to give up smoking. I found that I loved vaping even more!

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ

This has been my experience, too.

I think that's what made it so easy to give up smoking. I found that I loved vaping even more!

Same here - I feel very, very lucky that it was so easy, though I had no expectations that the last time I had a cig, it was actually going to be my last. It just turned out that the right kit + the right juice = I loved vaping more. I had no need for a cig from that point on. Everyone's experience will be different but they need to do what works best for them. :)

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
I have quit smoking many times, chantix, cold turkey and a few years back ecigs...I returned to vaping two weeks ago. Smoked a few analogs while vaping (with older equipment). A few days into vaping, I upgraded my equipment and haven't looked back at analogs. I decided to do it differently this time. I approached it with a no "quit" date, just to give ecigs a chance. I had those "moments" the first few days, but I told myself, "you have come a long way girl"...so I just vaped a little more and got through it :) Last weekend, I cleaned walls, blankets, valances to rid our home and vehicle of the smell of smoke (went through a pretty good bottle of Febreeze).

I took my cat to the vet this afternoon. A man came in and immediately started petting her and he smelled so strong with analogs, it really turned my stomach. My cat was retaining the smell in her fur and I just keep thinking how I do not want to go back to that.

I really believe it is an individuals pace and choice. I am excited that my husband joined me in vaping, it has made it easier. Plus, most of our friends have quit analogs or are vaping, and that has made it easier as well. I know there will still be moments, but I am approaching it in a way that works for me.

Much success to all, in whatever way works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread