The Roller SS-P telescopic battery mod from atmizoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
It's hard to see, especially when the picture is inverted, and even harder to try and take a picture that illustrates it. But if you look closely the one on the bottom's connection protrudes just a little but more than the one on the top. Thankfully they fixed in in their newer batches apparently.

Also on the newer version the negative post is a lot fatter than the positive post. On the old version both posts were the same size.

That's one thing kind of annoying about the Chinese stuff; changes are always being made and you're never made aware until it's at your doorstep or read it here. Thankfully in this case, for me at least, it was a positive change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Can anyone tell me whether or not the Roller has the "tube wobble" that my other telescopic mods (of china quality) have? Specifically, I mean when you extend the tube to accomodate a larger battery, after tightening it down do the threads of the telescopic portion have any play or wiggle to them? It is barely noticable on my china mods, but this is the only question I have for the Roller right now. IF it does have slight wobble I would rather get the dingo and maybe an extendable tube for an 18500 batt.

Thanks guys!

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Can anyone tell me whether or not the Roller has the "tube wobble" that my other telescopic mods (of china quality) have? Specifically, I mean when you extend the tube to accomodate a larger battery, after tightening it down do the threads of the telescopic portion have any play or wiggle to them? It is barely noticable on my china mods, but this is the only question I have for the Roller right now. IF it does have slight wobble I would rather get the dingo and maybe an extendable tube for an 18500 batt.

Thanks guys!

no wobble at all and I hate wobbles.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal

Thanks guys!

I thought this was normal in telescopic mods... I get a slight bit of wobble.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten

Thanks guys!

I've never noticed an wobble at all. Very solid construction all around. I use 18650 and 18500 configs mostly and have never noticed any whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: posting in unauthorized area

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: posting in unauthorized area

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
If it wobbles, it certainly isn't enough to notice while in use. The only time I ever noticed even the slightest wobble (with battery inside, of course), was when it wasn't quite rolled all the way up. It felt like it "stopped", but I knew it wasn't right, because it felt different. I just twisted another turn and sure enough, up it went, nice and snug, and no wobble. It's working like a champ, fires like a dragon, so I don't think I hurt anything. Maybe the brass ring just needed to get on up there better or something.

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
Definitely possible! There are 2 issues, though: 1) Adding more threads might cause some of them to become visible in 18650 mode. 2) More threads = more stability = less wobble = more friction = less rolling.

Well in 18650 (AW IMR) mode, I can spin/extend the tube about 4.5 times before threads start to show. As far as the free spin, I dunno how people do it so well, I can can get it to freely spin like 1cm and it stops lol. But I think a bit of graphite would fix that easily, i'm perfectly fine manually spinning the whole tube anyways though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread