The Sophia Atomizer by Leo (ProVari Tank Will Be Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
You got me tinkering... :) I dug up an old Siam Mods tank I have, and installed the red O-ring in the top. Sophia is working fine, but the bottom tank cap O-ring is way too loose. I just can't get it to tighten down to the ProVari like the double. tighter ones in the SnP. A different O-ring should do the trick though. ;) I have since put the Hippo V2 back on. The AFC makes a huge difference IMO.

cranko

Apr 17, 2011
Malaysia
Just received my Sophia and it fits well on my Siam Mod Tank. @Technonut, you might want to get the new O-ring. I use new O-ring and it sit perfectly fit and tight. I had the gurgle sound at my first draw and its gone after that up until now so far.
avymamyb.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
@Technonut, When you fill up the liquid in the tank, do you close the juice flow or leave it open? i got it leaked and the liquid came out from the airflow a lot!. Need to find a better way to fill up the liquid.

It needs to be closed to refill. The Sophia is like a mini Ithaka or Odysseus with the juice control and ceramic cup...

EDIT: When using a tank like the Siam Mods, if the juice control is left open, the pressure from snapping the cap back on forces the juice up the channels, and holes. It has nowhere else to go except right up into the cup, which floods it. Same thing if you just slide the tank up over the Sophia to fill that way. There's still air pressure involved. Just filling it with the juice control open, and no negative pressure at all will make the juice go right out the bottom.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thanks. I will try to fill it with the juice flow slightly open and see. The best tank would be the SNP imho. Easy to fill with one hole for the liquid and another for the pressure flow. And it looks sharp on Provari too.

Oh yeah... That's the main feature I like about the SnP. :) You still need to close the juice control completely when filling though with any tank. After it's filled, and sealed back up, slowly open it until you see the bubbles come up.

EDIT: Kind of like how a hummingbird feeder works without the water coming out the bottom.. It's a vacuum principle.. Perhaps someone better versed in fluid dynamics will come along and explain it better than I can.. ;)

Last edited:

cranko

Apr 17, 2011
Malaysia
Oh yeah... That's the main feature I like about the SnP. :) You still need to close the juice control completely when filling though with any tank. After it's filled, and sealed back up, slowly open it until you see the bubbles come up.

Will do. A bit off topic but lets make it quick. Saw your El Toro siggy and im vaping it now with Sophia. Just received EDEN 60ml and it taste like RY4. Taste awesome but im used to Virginia Prime before. Whats your fav so far? I think i will go back to Virginia Prime after this for my daily vape. Less tobacco taste on EDEN. Maybe need to steep for awhile. The throat hit is quite sturdy on Sophia.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Will do. A bit off topic but lets make it quick. Saw your El Toro siggy and im vaping it now with Sophia. Just received EDEN 60ml and it taste like RY4. Taste awesome but im used to Virginia Prime before. Whats your fav so far? I think i will go back to Virginia Prime after this for my daily vape. Less tobacco taste on EDEN. Maybe need to steep for awhile. The throat hit is quite sturdy on Sophia.

Virginia Prime is my favorite. I didn't care for Eden very much. I also like Guevara. I just received a 30ml sample of El Toro Perique "King Of Vapes" which was given to quite a few of us over at the UKV forum in exchange for a review. It's not on the market yet, but should be soon. It's a lot like Virginia Prime, but I am liking the Perique better so far. :) Keep an eye out for it. It's great in the Sophia.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I posted in Leo's thread over at the Euro Supplier's forum regarding the ProVari tank for Sophia.. He said it is coming soon. :) The bad news (to me) is that with Sophia in her stock tube length, the tank will only hold 1ml.. 1.7ml with her sold-separately long body. (drip tip is built into the tube)

I'll more than likely get one since it is ProVari-specific, and they will go well together. I was wanting a long body for Sophia anyway, but didn't want to pay almost 1/2 the cost of the item for shipping it. The tank will kind of balance the shipping cost out some when ordered together. ;)

For now though, the GP SnP is doing very well.. Sophia is a true pleasure to work with and vape also. :)

IMG_1865_zpse0d44dcb.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Mark Todd just posted a review of Sophia using his ProVari.. :) As I do, he is also liking it better than the Diver. ;) One thing I will add though, I find it better to totally wet the wicks with juice before installing Sophia into a tank.

Sophia by Leo - YouTube

EDIT: One other thing for folks who plan on using the GP SnP tank with Sophia.. The red silicone O-ring supplied with Sophia will not fit. The SnP has 2 O-ring slots in both the top and bottom tank caps. A set of red silicone rings are supplied. I find that only using one of them in the upper top cap slot holds well, and allows Sophia's tube to be turned easier than using both.. ;)

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Really? why?

2zz8a5j.jpg

Because i suck

Have you tried using the SnP's red silicone O-rings in the top cap? I only use one in the top groove, and it works well.

I'll give it a try, a couple have recommended removing or replacing the top orings with the one that came with the Sophia so I haven't given up yet. I just failed on the first attempt which was this sad beilief that if i lubed up the orings with my juice, it would go in with enough force. But the only thing that occured was leaving a 510 mark on the palm of my hand while listening to my woman hysterically laugh at the face i was making while doing it.

I'll try your advice this weekend when I finish this tank off (after I failed, I tossed in a fresh slotted lr boge 'n filled er up with my fav juice) so I could re-visit with a clear head.

ETA: I should have just taken Technonuts word for it and followed his advice from a thread he started about the sophia, sorry bro :facepalm:

RhP

Last edited:

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Do these have pyrex tanks that can be used in conjunction with the atomizer? I was looking on the By Leo .eu website, but it looked like they were all plexi glass tanks.

No. I'm searching for glass replacements for the ByLeo tanks. You can use the Sophia in any tank though. Pick your favorite glass tank and the Sophia will work in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread