The Sophia Atomizer by Leo (ProVari Tank Will Be Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I was thinking of purchasing another Diver, and a Kir Fanis tank for one of my ProVari until I noticed this well-done review on UKV this morning. The Sophia is said to have a tank coming made specifically for the ProVari, like the eBaron Dripper Pro.. ;) :) Looks like I'll be stalking gear yet again soon... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUXDrzGiVg

professeur

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Athens, Greece
Some photos from Sophia and D-base Tank. I believe that its a great Atty. :)

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

With Long Tank 45mm:
IMG_2044.jpg

With short tank 35mm:
IMG_2054.jpg

With STR-10 Drip Tip:
IMG_2052.jpg

With Lips Drip Tip:
IMG_2053.jpg

With Bullet Drip Tip Plexiglass:

IMG_2055.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
This is exactly whats in my mind, Sophia with D-base tank on provari. Technonut, have you bought it yet? Would love to see some photos :)

I have been watching for it to be available, this is one that I am interested in, but knowing leo's stuff I bet its a bit pricey.

I'm still waiting for the ProVari tank to become available for it... ;)

The Sophia is in-stock here for £49.95. ($80.34 USD) Considering the Sophia's features compared to the Diver, well worth it IMO.. :)

Sophia

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Wow, I just checked that site, the other night it was not there, and not as much as I thought it would be.

I'm still waiting for the ProVari tank to become available for it... ;)

The Sophia is in-stock here for £49.95. ($80.34 USD) Considering the Sophia's features compared to the Diver, well worth it IMO.. :)

Sophia

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Wow, I just checked that site, the other night it was not there, and not as much as I thought it would be.

I was on the notify list, and received an e-mail yesterday.. I really wish the tank with the ProVari base was also available. I actually had Sophia in my cart all the way through check-out, but had to be tough, and make her wait. ;) It'll be my luck she will be a sell-out when the tank is available though.

Oh well, I just found out that the Origen dripper I'm on a list for is ready, and will be shipping soon. My girl Rose, the RTA from the UK is right behind that. ;) Oh yeah, must not forget the pesky Russian 91% that I've been waiting on for months should be along any week now, along with another Vochu Kayfun conversion kit for one of my Terminator C's. :) I love the 1st kit.. The new one has some improvements I'm looking forward to.

Those should keep me busy for awhile until I can get my hands on both Sophia, and her tank.. :p

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am kind of surprised, that the sophia is not sold as a complete tank, plus the tank could be a bit bigger. I was interested in the russian thing just not the preorder, I am still working on getting my kayfun lite, coil builds right, so until I get that right, it does not make sense for me to get the 91%. Plus I just ordered 3 provari's so I am broke right now anyway.
mabe xmas?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Well, I'll be damned if that sweet little Sophia didn't come looking for me... ;) I just happened to be on the classies, and there she was.. Here in the States, brand new, and never even used. :D I'm not sweating the ProVari tank now, since the deal came with a like-new 23mm GP Salt-n-Pepper tank.. Perfect size for one of my ProVari's, and will work / look great with the Hippo V2. :toast:

Well, there goes my vape-budget for the rest of the month.. I'll post pics and details about how she vapes when the set arrives.

EDIT: Wow! the SnP even has a ProVari base available to really tie the tank in.. :2cool: PBusardo just reviewed the SnP using his Vari:

A PBusardo Review - The Gothic Vaping and Salt & Pepper Carto Tanks - YouTube

For those interested, I also found the Sophia in-stock for 57,00€ ($77.35 USD) here:

Exclusive Modware

I looked at this pic with the SnP & ProVari base.. Now, I want a standard V2 in black.. :blink:

snp4_1_zps02de692d.jpg

Last edited:

lilbman

Jun 21, 2013
Merica'
My new Sophia and Skinny tank arrived today!!! Schweet!!!!

Stock coil, filled new skinny tank and it is really good. Juice control works great. Filled it to the top, no dry burns at all. Also, NO gurgling through a full tank yet....

The small tank doesn't hold very much liquid but I think I like it a lot because of that. A small tank to give juices a fair sample and to switch up juices sooner than with bigger tanks.

I'm really stoked about Sophia so far! Very happy at the moment.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Sophia came into my life yesterday, and I REALLY like her. :) She is slim, sleek, well-built, and intelligent. (in design) These are all important qualities to me in my quest for the "perfect" ProVari juice-delivery device. Combined with the GP SnP tank / Atmistique Hippo V2, it appears I am almost there. :vapor:

I tried the Diver before. While it started out to be a good device, it lacked the ability to control juice intake, was finicky to set up, particular on the amount of juice in the tank to function properly, and eventually developed gurgling and leaking through the pin, no matter how carefully built. (In my experience)

Sophia on the other hand, has been a joy to work with, and functions as designed. I've been through 4 tanks, and rebuilt 3 different ceramics to try. All worked well. I can fill the GP SnP tank to the top, and vape all the way down with no gurgling at all. I was greeted this morning by a dry pin, and no leaking. :) I ran a tank of heavy VG through her, and the juice control worked quite well to feed with no dry-hits. I've been attempting to optimize battery life with my ProVari's, and found that Sophia's domed chamber inside the tube allows me to run a 2.5 ohm coil at only 3.5v, and still produces a saturated, satisfying vape experience.

I also purchased the GP ProVari base for the SnP tank. It's seamless appearance looks nice, but lacks air control. This is dependent on how far the base is adjusted down over the ProVari's top cap. A small gap must be left. It works, and I will use it from time to time, but the Hippo V2 allows precise air flow control, which is important for Sophia IMO. There is also a nice, flush, fit between it, and the SnP. BTW, the SnP's fill-system is also a JOY to use compared to the many other carto tanks I've owned. A simple twist, fill to the top, and close. The 2nd hole allows air to escape while filling, so no worries of flooding there. Pretty much hassle-free.

Well, I probably bored many of you to tears, so, I'll wrap this up for now. I will post some pics soon, and any relevant updates.

EDIT: Here is another vid review I found of Sophia: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj4P4F2elG0

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I guess I have a question, will the sophia fit in any carto tank?

The trick for another carto tank would be O-ring related. The SnP came with 2 sets. Black and red. The black ones tightly hold the Sophia's base to prevent it from turning easily, while the red silicone rings on top allow Sophia's tube to be turned for the juice control, and still maintain a seal. The Sophia comes with one red silicone O-ring. I am still anxious to see what Leo's ProVari tank for the Sophia looks like.

I just lucked-out with the SnP being totally compatible as it came. :)

Any tank made to work with the Killer 705 should be compatible also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread