The Sophia Atomizer by Leo (ProVari Tank Will Be Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I received my Sophia late yesterday and decided to give it a go today. It is my first RBA, I have been using cartotanks exclusively since making the jump from a Spinner w/ Davide mini to the ProVari. I re-watched Todd's video, set her up in my Loki Labs tank and filled 'er up with Grandmaster.

At first I was like :blink: And then I was like :ohmy: And now I am like :hubba:

Now I get it. I may seriously never go back to cartos. This is incredible.

JevRAXJ.jpg

Last edited:

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
I received my Sophia late yesterday and decided to give it a go today. It is my first RBA, I have been using cartotanks exclusively since making the jump from a Spinner w/ Davide mini to the ProVari. I re-watched Todd's video, set her up in my Loki Labs tank and filled 'er up with Grandmaster.

At first I was like :blink: And then I was like :ohmy: And now I am like :hubba:

Now I get it. I may seriously never go back to cartos. This is incredible.

JevRAXJ.jpg

That is why I have 2 and want 2 more. Each time I go back to a carto I start to cringe. You really have to experience the vape to understand. Kinda like owning a ProVari ;) I don't want to sound like a schill in other threads but I really cannot praise the Sophia enough.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Ok, I have read some but probably not enough so I'm gonna ask a few questions....I have been reading "some" about RBA or RDA or are they the same?? I have been using cartotanks, etc. and have been leary of the rebuildables with all the wraps, silica, wraps, etc...I think I want go try the Sophia after reading bag's post but not sure what I actually need...does the Sophia fit in any tank? Do I have to rebuild? Maybe a good video or some feedback on the difficulty level would help! Thanks for any help!

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Ok, I have read some but probably not enough so I'm gonna ask a few questions....I have been reading "some" about RBA or RDA or are they the same?? I have been using cartotanks, etc. and have been leary of the rebuildables with all the wraps, silica, wraps, etc...I think I want go try the Sophia after reading bag's post but not sure what I actually need...does the Sophia fit in any tank? Do I have to rebuild? Maybe a good video or some feedback on the difficulty level would help! Thanks for any help!

AFAIK, RDA=rebuildable Dripping Atomizer, RBA=Rebuildable atomizer, some people are stating to use RTA=rebuildable tank atomizer to describe Diver, Killer 705 and the Sophia.

Sophia fits any carto tank. The body fits a standard size tank. There is a long body option that makes it fit XL length tanks. You can buy premade replacement coils in 5-packs but after you use them all you will have to rebuild(or order more but you really don't have to). I have put about 50 ml through one coil and have not had to replace it yet.

Search youtube for Sophia by Leo and you'll find the videos.

Rebuilding(wrapping coils) for Sophia are covered in all of the videos and it's easy. Buying the ready made R-NR wires from Stormy's makes it really easy and takes all the uncertainty out of what impedance your coil will be. It took me about 5 minutes to wrap my first coil. The second took about half the time. It is really easy.

The same build is used for the Killer 705, the eBaron Dripper and the Sophia. Next question?

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago

Drakgear said it all. I just wanted to add that I used it today with both my Loki Labs and my IBT and it workd perfectly in both, as t is pretty much the same size as a carto. And I bought two packs of pre made coils with my Sophia. I figure they will buy me plenty of time before I have to take the jump into making my own (but like darkgear said, it doesn't look all that tricky. (<-----Famous last words.).

Oh, and how amazing is it to vape the tank down to the last drop, and then refill it with another juice, and vape it straight away with no flavor blending/bleed like you'd get doing the same thing with a carto? Did I mention how much I love this thing?

One funny thing happened, though, when I went to refill my tank. I used my tank tool to push the atomizer down and make it easier to fill the tank, just like I do with cartos. No problem there. But when I was done refilling, I pulled the Sophia back up into the tank...and forgot she wasn't flanged like my cartos. Took me a second to figure out what the hell the Sophia was doing up in mid air when the tank was still down in my hand. Good thing I had a stack of towels under it all, I lost a tank full of juice before I realized what I had done! Ha! Well, won't make that mistake a second time.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Could Leo be pursuaded to build a Hafling Sophia atty for our Hafling tanks. He could call it the 'Baby Sophia'. Or 'Sophia's Baby'? :)

Also, where do I go to order the Sofia?

Billie just finally came out with a short upper body for the Sophia's that makes one the same height as a 35mm tank without sticking out of the top of it like the standard Sophia's do that are closer to XL tank length (45mm). So I doubt a halfling length upper body is even in the works.

I bought all my By Leo stuff direct from By Leo in Greece and from the House of Mods in the UK.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Billie just finally came out with a short upper body for the Sophia's that makes one the same height as a 35mm tank without sticking out of the top of it like the standard Sophia's do that are closer to XL tank length (45mm). So I doubt a halfling length upper body is even in the works.

I bought all my By Leo stuff direct from By Leo in Greece and from the House of Mods in the UK.

Okay, Spydro, you just inspired furthur questions. :) And thanks for your response.

I'm totally new to the Sophia so please forgive all my elementary questions. I don't even know what size my Hafling tanks are, they just say 19mm, which I think is just the length.

Who is Billy and can we get these 'upper bodies'? What is the upper body? I did watch one video and saw that the Sophia has two main body parts. So would we just use Billy's upper body part instead of Leo's? Yes it would be nice to not have it sticking so far out of the top of the tank.

Is a 35mm tank the 'standard' size tank. I have a few of the Lil Mama tanks...are those 35mm, if you know?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Billy is the person behind by Leo. You can get the upper bodies on the by Leo website. They are just shorter than the original ones that came out. A 35mm tank is considered standard size. A 45mm tank is considered XL.

I'm using 35mm tanks and the original 45mm Sophia:

sophia.jpg

The one on the left is an 19mm wide, standard 35mm IBTanked tank with the 45mm Sophia and a drip tip that I got from IBTanked. The one on the right is a 22mm wide, standard 35mm IBTanked tank with the 45mm Sophia and a by Leo STR5 drip tip.

The Sophia sticks out of the top of the tank because it's short. It does make it easier to twist the tube to open up the flow holes but it's not as aesthetically pleasing as it could be if I used the shorter Sophia body.

Not sure how big the Lil Mama tanks are. Do you have a ruler?

Okay, Spydro, you just inspired furthur questions. :) And thanks for your response.

I'm totally new to the Sophia so please forgive all my elementary questions. I don't even know what size my Hafling tanks are, they just say 19mm, which I think is just the length.

Who is Billy and can we get these 'upper bodies'? What is the upper body? I did watch one video and saw that the Sophia has two main body parts. So would we just use Billy's upper body part instead of Leo's? Yes it would be nice to not have it sticking so far out of the top of the tank.

Is a 35mm tank the 'standard' size tank. I have a few of the Lil Mama tanks...are those 35mm, if you know?

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas

Sounds like the short body for the Sophia would be what you are looking for and would work perfectly for your needs :)

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Thanks to you all for responding!

My Lil Mama tank is just short of 1.5 inch and just over 1.25 inch. I don't do mm's. I'd like to learn though. I need an mm ruler. :)

I just got a MicroStick and this is soooo much my favorite Mod. I'm currently using the VapeOnly Vivi Nova-S clearo in it, and the Protank Mini and other Vivi Nova's fit in it too. But I'd really like to find a nice short rebuildable atty that I could use in both my standard tanks and in the Haflings. I'd also like to have a couple of good rebuildable Clearos but want them short to keep the profile of the MicroStick short and I'd like to have a window so I can see the juice level. I could probably be talked into an all metal Clearo if there's one that's short enough and works well.

My local ecig shop is going to start rebuilding classes in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to learning.

Susan, thanks for the pics! Now...the Sophia on the right looks a lot shorter, is the thing on top mostly the Sophia or the drip tip?

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

My Lil Mama tank is just short of 1.5 inch and just over 1.25 inch. I don't do mm's. I'd like to learn though. I need an mm ruler. :)

I just got a MicroStick and this is soooo much my favorite Mod. I'm currently using the VapeOnly Vivi Nova-S clearo in it, and the Protank Mini and other Vivi Nova's fit in it too. But I'd really like to find a nice short rebuildable atty that I could use in both my standard tanks and in the Haflings. I'd also like to have a couple of good rebuildable Clearos but want them short to keep the profile of the MicroStick short and I'd like to have a window so I can see the juice level. I could probably be talked into an all metal Clearo if there's one that's short enough and works well.

My local ecig shop is going to start rebuilding classes in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to learning.

Susan, thanks for the pics! Now...the Sophia on the right looks a lot shorter, is the thing on top mostly the Sophia or the drip tip?

This is a pic with the Sophia in a standard byLeo slim tank......
6a7e18599ba08eb8924f26242f8b593b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
It sounds like the Lil Mama tank is a 35mm one.

The Sophia on the right has a really short drip tip - the STR5 from by Leo.

The one on the left is using an IBTanked drip tip:
https://www.ibtanked.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/anodized drip tip, silver.jpg

The Sophia sticks out from my tanks about 1/2". When I got my Sophias they didn't have the shorter bodies. Those just came out.

Have you ever rebuilt a Protank head? The build is the same, maybe even easier because there are less parts to reassemble. I'm using Stormy's pre-made nr-r-nr wires and they work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread