The MAP-Tank E2 Mod

The_MAP_Tank_E2__4d114de3cb085_90x90.jpg

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Hey Stormy, I just received two of your Storm Clear mods. I read the description on the website but I can't for the life of me figure out exactly how to put this together. I was kinda hoping that they would come assembled so I could see how they go together. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to use all the silicone pieces or not. When you get a chance perhaps you could explain this a bit better for me.
Thanks.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Pete, you don't need the silicone plugs, just added them in case you wanted them.
Fill it with juice, then insert the mouthpiece into the black ring.
Insert the bottom of the mouthpiece onto the ceramic cup (while still in the black ring) and then work the black ring into the tube. It's snug but it will go in. If you don't insert it put together, the black ring goes too far down over the cup.
I'll try to get some pics posted.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I sure wish I would have known that the silicone cap for the coil wasn't needed. Now that you explain that, it's simple! On a side note, I have run into an issue with the threads on several E2's. For some reason one in three don't thread onto my ProVari. It's strange because they thread onto my other PV's. It seems like the threads on the ProVari are a bit finnicky. Some go fine, some don't. Oh well, life goes on. Now that I know how to put this together, I'll let you know how it vapes tomorrow.
Thanks again.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Glad you got it.
You know, I thought it was just a few weird messed up threads but, I have a bucket of about 10 that wouldn't thread onto my Riva. I test every carto and always end up with a few that won't thread, so I throw them into the "messed up" pile. I wonder if they'll thread onto something else? I'll need to check when I get back home!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I just received mine and put it together. Thanks for including the extra silicone pieces even though you don't use them. Very impressive and simple for a mechanically impaired person like me.

Just one question. When the CE-2 quits, can it be changed and if so, how do you do it? Thanks for this device. Really neat and I'm enjoying it right now.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I got mine today. Put it together per instructions. I have to say that all my juice tastes burnt using this. I have it dialed all the way down to 3.6v and it still tastes burnt.

Mine is on a VV Saber Touch set at 4.5v. I don't have that problem. I wonder why yours is doing that. Seems odd.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Ya, that's weird since they are the 3.0-3.2 ohm ce2's. Did you do a dry burn? Sometimes that helps with these finicky things. They are so unpredictable! I have one on a Riva and it's fine but after one tank, it tastes burnt. I use two different 555's, one gunks up the coil almost immediately and the other lasts longer. Does it look like the coil has black gunk on it?

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I didn't dry burn mine...well per say. I screwed it on, fired it to make sure the heating element worked (a small puff did come off of it but stopped instantly), filled it, put it together and vaped away. Yes, they can be finicky. I have one that I've been using at work since mid September. When it starts tasting nasty, it gets a white vinegar bath. Takes care of the problem.

I have 7 of them that I modded that are around 2.8ohm. Only one of them, and this could be the juice, produces good vaper but no flavor. I don't recommend candy corn. Tastes good if you actally taste the liquid, but vaped, it doesn't really have a flavor. Anyway, the other 4, out of the same box, taste just fine but none of the 7 taste burnt.

One note, on the ones that I made, I unraveled the strings but not the loops. I haven't had any wicking issues. I left one together to see if there was a difference and in my opinion, unravel them. I didn't do this on yours Stormi but I haven't encountered wicking issues with it as of yet and I've already vaped 3ml's through it. I haven't been able to put it down. Cognac Fire is fan-freaking-tastic in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread