The Super-T ELA discussion and tips, tricks and Info sharing Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Saw this for the 1st time today on the Super-T site and it really doesn't have much of a description besides it's name. If it's a non-locking switch, does it come w/ a stronger spring so it doesn't fire when stood on end?

elabrassbutton.jpg

It is a brass non-locking switch. People asked for them. David made them. I do not believe it comes with anything. But, you could purchase the HD spring. That 'may' prevent it from firing when on end.

Oops. Sorry vaptamist. :)

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
No, it just comes with the brass button as pictured.

It is a brass non-locking switch. People asked for them. David made them. I do not believe it comes with anything. But, you could purchase the HD spring. That 'may' prevent it from firing when on end.

Oops. Sorry vaptamist. :)

Oh phooey! I'd would've bought the button just to get a stiffer spring. Back to stalking the site for springs.

Thanks for the answer.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Precise Non-Locking Brass Button.
I have an original brass non-locking button and it is a gold color...Brass
Maybe its the light but that picture sure doesn't look like brass, it looks like stainless steel?

It's definitely brass colored when they send it to you.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
elabrassbutton.jpg

Precise Non-Locking Brass Button.
I have an original brass non-locking button and it is a gold color...Brass
Maybe its the light but that picture sure doesn't look like brass, it looks like stainless steel?

Here, even in low light, you can see the difference...

jYPgcqz.jpg

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I dont understand how after all this time , and now that all ELAs are shipped that hardly anyone has any tips or tricks or just user information to share?

What kind of info are you looking for? ELA---Put in battery-tighten locking ring-vape.... Tip- Do not clean Rhodium contacts or locking ring....;)

badwisdom

Jan 5, 2014
Paris
I think he meant dont clean the rhodium contacts with anything other than a quick rinse with some dish washing soap. Locking ring and compression band does need cleaning occasionally so it doesn't loose conductivity or grip.

Ah ok. Well i use a ultrasonic bath with organic soap and water for 2 minutes, should be ok then. Thanks !

badwisdom

Jan 5, 2014
Paris
Since im here, question :)

I use a flat button with the brass non locking pusher (very nice btw), and was wondering how everyone with this setup was activating it ? Because the only way i can fire it 100% is by using the tip of my little finger...

Im used to using the middle part of my little finger but the opening is too small. Do i just have too fatty fingers or is this how its supposed to be used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread