The Totally Wicked Tornado - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Does any one have and like the platinum? TW US is sold out on black. River?

I have the Platinum version and I hated it with the cone on... Looked like crap IMHO...

I took the code off and now I love the looks of it... Something about the silver that was getting hidden by the cone that makes it look 10x better...

Don't miss the cone one bit... I asked Janty and TW if the cone really serves any purpose they they both replied that the cones only purpose is to hide the atty...

I think the device looks awesome with the cone off... Kinda like a baby little chuck...

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
no difference with cone on or off ?
at the very least the cone tightens the draw, if you compare the batteries atomizer fitting of the original Joye510 and the ego you will see why the draw without cone is too easy: the grooves are much deeper on the eGo, and this has an effect.

if not your device may be faulty or your atomizers are already very hard to draw.

really, and if no one chimes in in agreement i eat my eGo

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
at the very least the cone tightens the draw, if you compare the batteries atomizer fitting of the original Joye510 and the ego you will see why the draw without cone is too easy: the grooves are much deeper on the eGo, and this has an effect.

if not your device may be faulty or your atomizers are already very hard to draw.

After reading how emphatic you were about the draw with the cone on or off I ran a little test... Vaped for 10 min with the cone on and then 10 with it off...

And you are correct... It does in fact tighten the draw up a bit... I guess I got accustomed to it off and never really noted the difference...

No need to eat your eGo.... :)

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com

Completely agree, the cone improves draw substantially for me - btw, 1 month in and I still love it and haven't used anything but. No issues with the button, no issues with power/charging or liquid causing problems. I have a full eGo kit and a single Tornado just in case as a spare.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Don't miss the cone one bit... I asked Janty and TW if the cone really serves any purpose they they both replied that the cones only purpose is to hide the atty...

I think the device looks awesome with the cone off... Kinda like a baby little chuck...

That's interesting... because that's NOT what the guy at Janty who DESIGNED the thing says....

His name is Mik, and you can find him here on the ECF forum.

I'm sure he'd love to know who you talked to at Janty.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Does any one have and like the platinum? TW US is sold out on black. River?
I didn't like the way plat looked. Now I just stuck my plat cone on a black battery to see what it looked like or if it looked cool in two-tone (it didn't lol) but I have to say if I ever get it in another color I would go for white before plat.

It's not that plat is terrible I just want the entire thing to be one solid color and with white you can order white carts.

If you are a silver or chrome or plat fan (on other PVs you own)and don't mind the black cart on it you will prolly like how it looks.

I really wish I had ordered a white cone so I could have seen it in person.

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
That's interesting... because that's NOT what the guy at Janty who DESIGNED the thing says....

His name is Mik, and you can find him here on the ECF forum.

I'm sure he'd love to know who you talked to at Janty.

I'd agree if he designed it he would know... I am not sure who I asked at Janty as it was via email and I don't have the reply anymore...

In any event, you are probably correct that it serves other purposes...

I ordered a Black and a Titanium... I like the black way better... I will keep the Titanium batteries as a backup... This way I have 2 wall chargers, 2 rapid USB chargers (ordered separately as they don't come with the Tornado) and I can use the 2 titanium atty's even with the black as the cones hide the atty color...

This has to be at the top of the list in all time best vaping devices...

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I didn't like the way plat looked. Now I just stuck my plat cone on a black battery to see what it looked like or if it looked cool in two-tone (it didn't lol) but I have to say if I ever get it in another color I would go for white before plat.

It's not that plat is terrible I just want the entire thing to be one solid color and with white you can order white carts.

If you are a silver or chrome or plat fan (on other PVs you own)and don't mind the black cart on it you will prolly like how it looks.

I really wish I had ordered a white cone so I could have seen it in person.

If it was really Titanium I'd probably love it! It's more of a copper / gold and that I don't like...

Again this is just me as everyone has different taste(s)

LoveMeTender

Moved On
Jan 22, 2010
US
I just sanded the black finish off my eGo, check it out.

DSCF0052.jpg

Last edited:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Now I just stuck my plat cone on a black battery to see what it looked like or if it looked cool in two-tone (it didn't lol)

I did the same thing cause thats how my 510 was, not as good but not awful either. The Plat color is off, would be better in straight silver.

Still diggin on this thing - it is my go to and the battery life is stellar, but did order parts to make a 5v nicostick from MadVapes today just to try it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread