The ultimate newbie! Help required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicJon

Sep 24, 2011
Dublin
Hi all,

I'm 28 and smoke Marlboro lights, I am going to purchase - upon the advice of friends - the Riva 510 Starter Kit but it says it only comes with 10 blank cartridges and no e liquid(I thought a starter kit would come with some but apparently it does not)

I genuinely have no idea what liquid to purchase to mimic my Marlboro light throat hit.

Any advise would be tremendously appreciated - going to order as soon as I can! :)

CarrieD

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Michigan
+1 on the sample advice - I have settled in with hardware and am now on the Quest for the perfect juice. I have ordered sample bottles (3-6 ml) from several companies and find there's a huge difference in flavors from each (eg, blueberry from vendor 1 is not at all the same as blueberry from vendor 2). I don't order large bottles of anything until I've tried it for a day or so. Out of the 30-40 I've tried, I've re-ordered 4 in larger sizes.

But then, maybe I'm just picky! :D

bsb111

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hey EpicJon,

I am also a noob - have yet to find anything that will exactly replicate the throat hit of an analogue. Have purchased over 40 different juices (sample sizes) of varying nic strengths an VG/PG ratios and also started to DIY my own juice.

Have found that PG with a high ratio aromatic flavor (menthol, peppermint, spearmint, etc.) really comes close.
Don't know if this is a true TH or a combo of TH, nasal hit, soft palate hit, lung hit, or what. But does work for me. I pre-mix the flavorings with pure grain alcohol and generally use nic at an 18mg level. Have yet to find a tobacco flavor that I can stand - but am a real noob.

Good luck with your vaping journey.

coffm0

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
How heavy of a smoker are you? Whats yor budget? I can give you my personal learnings depending on your situation and budget. I agree with getting sample liquids, Ms. T or Freedomsmoke usa is what I use. Lots of different vendors out there. If you can afford it I would find a good bottomfeeder, meaning the bottle and the battery are in one unit, you squeeze the bottle and vape. Less messy, no droppping or refilling carts. If your on a lower budget I recommend the EGO or the RIVA, but get you some 1.8ohm LR 306 atties, and the vapor production will be close to smoking. Be aware the Marlboro light flavor is what I smoked when I smoked analogs. I have yet to find anything I think resembles it. Actually since I have started vaping I prefer the sweeter flavors and banana witch is funny because I dislike fruit. Anyway if I can help message me or I will watch this thread.

SnakeFarm

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
San Antonio
I got that kit about three weeks ago after spending a week (and WAY too much money) on a mall brand analog look-alike. It's a great kit and I'm sure you will like it. I tried the included atty/cartridge set-up and it just didn't do it for me. I found the cartomizers that madvape had suggested to be much better at producing vapor and flavor, but YMMV. My advice is to order a box of the Boge 510 LR cartomizers along with your kit. There around 8 bucks, and WELL worth it.

The first two suprising things the Riva taught me is that, I don't WANT my PV to look like a cigarette, the second thing was that I really don't care for the flavor of tobacco.

Oh, and read as much ECF stuff as you can.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
After you have 5 posts, you might want to try the UK subforum for suggestions.

I buy from Liberty Flights all the time but I'm not a huge fan of their juices. Others seem to like them. I think they have a tobacco sampler pack.

I can recommend some US sites, but you'll probably pay more for shipping than the juice. I know nhaler ships overseas.

BTW, when you order your kit, make sure to oder some boge cartomizers (2.0). You will like them so much more than the cartridges that come with the kit. As a matter of fact, I'd suggest the carto kit from LF if it's not out of stock.

My sister vapes tampa from Vapor Station and she was a Marlboro smoker.

Shred909

Sep 21, 2011
Erie, PA
www.facebook.com
First thing....ditch the carts. Sure, use em cause that would be a waste, but after you vaped through them, toss em and keep the atty for dripping if you want to explore that path. If you are looking for at good TH, get some Boge 2.0 (Low resistance) cartomizers. You will be happy you did. As for juice? Well im not really a tobacco guy but if all your looking for is the TH then you can always add a lil extra menthol or find a place that sells some TH enhancer. Hope this help bud and good luck on your journey!!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
swedishfish, where would I find this carto kit?

I just checked and it they don't appear to be on the UK site. They are on the US site

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

It's basically a kit with cartomizers instead of cartridges & atomizers. It's not a bad idea to have atomizers to test juice. I'd just pick up the regular Riva then but also get a box of boge 2.0 cartomizers. The vape is better and they hold more juice. Cartridges can leak and be a mess.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Last edited:

coffm0

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
I would order a 30mg nic just to help curb the craving if 24mg isnt doing the trick. If I remember right thats about 100 U.S. so a nice EGo set and a tank, liquid and atties would get you in that range. Go to the suppliers tab plenty of options all over the world. Dont know where your located but you should be able to find someone close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread