The Ultimate TCR List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Great thread and info. Just got my RX200, my first TC mod. I was just wondering what the SUS316 coils on the Crown tank should be set for?
I believe the crown coils are using Nickel legs. Try the SS304 TCR, it's a little higher which some say will account for the legs being a different material. Heck, a little experimenting won't hurt anything.

Cheers,
Steve

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Ok my mind is a little boggled lol. I get the tcr values etc... but. I have been playing with my vcmt 30mm and have quad nickel coils in it. Maybe it's just been a long day but 610 worked well on my duals. How much would you guys adjust for double the coils?
Edit. Sorry forgot to mention it's on my rx200.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I left this post in a thread on the Evolv forum, thought I'd add it here as well:

The Cubis Stainlees Steel "316" prebuilt coils work ok on an Eleaf Pico and Evic VTC Mini, in their own SS preset, but NO vapor when used at the known SS TCR of 0092. Same behavior on my DNA200. Using a TCR of 0102, gets close to their SS preset. Therefore we can deduce that the coils are NOT 316 SS, and the higher TCR matches more closely that of SS 304. This kind of false product information on things we breath should not be tolerated at all. I have written them, with no response. Another reason to build your own coils, but using prebuilts is convenient at times and should be a viable option!

Reactions: aldenf

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
Ok my mind is a little boggled lol. I get the tcr values etc... but. I have been playing with my vcmt 30mm and have quad nickel coils in it. Maybe it's just been a long day but 610 worked well on my duals. How much would you guys adjust for double the coils?
The tcr shouldn't change with number of coils, but the coils may not fire evenly, so you may have to adjust slightly for that factor.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The tcr for a specific material is set, you don't need to, and shouldn't, adjust for number of coils.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I left this post in a thread on the Evolv forum, thought I'd add it here as well:

The Cubis Stainlees Steel "316" prebuilt coils work ok on an Eleaf Pico and Evic VTC Mini, in their own SS preset, but NO vapor when used at the known SS TCR of 0092. Same behavior on my DNA200. Using a TCR of 0102, gets close to their SS preset. Therefore we can deduce that the coils are NOT 316 SS, and the higher TCR matches more closely that of SS 304. This kind of false product information on things we breath should not be tolerated at all. I have written them, with no response. Another reason to build your own coils, but using prebuilts is convenient at times and should be a viable option!
Hmm, I'm using the rba head with a ss316 coil in the Cubis now, on an Evic VTC Mini, and have it set to ss316. It vapes great, but with a tcr setting of 092 it doesn't. The same exact experience with the prebuilt .5 ohm coil, and other rtas with ss316 coils. Makes me believe that the Cubis coils are indeed ss316 and the Joyetech tcr is simply off by some degree. I have some ss304 wire as well, and there is a difference to the Cubis coils.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Hmm, I'm using the rba head with a ss316 coil in the Cubis now, on an Evic VTC Mini, and have it set to ss316. It vapes great, but with a tcr setting of 092 it doesn't. The same exact experience with the prebuilt .5 ohm coil, and other rtas with ss316 coils. Makes me believe that the Cubis coils are indeed ss316 and the Joyetech tcr is simply off by some degree. I have some ss304 wire as well, and there is a difference to the Cubis coils.

Doesn't explain the same behavior on a more accurate device like my DNA200.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I'll need to check the Cubis coils on my Reuleaux DNA 200.

Let us know. If your using your own SS wire in the RBA, then the known standard TCR settings for 316 should work, that's assuming you have verifiable SS 316. Since the Cubis .5 ohm SS coils are marketed as SS 316, they should also work at the same TCR, on a VTC Mini, an ELEAF Pico, and as the ultimate accuracy test a DNA200, all of which I own. But they do NOT create vapor at the known TCR of SS 316, they do work on the first two mods but only using their own SS preset, and that TCR is unknown, but using Cubis SS .5 ohm coils, and using a TCR value of approx. 0102, the excepted TCR of "SS 304", the Vape is close to their SS 316 preset.

Hard to argue the simple logic, as the TCR numbers tell the story. Hence one should deduce, the Cubis SS 316 coils are really SS 304, cheaper Chinese wire.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Let us know. If your using your own SS wire in the RBA, then the known standard TCR settings for 316 should work, that's assuming you have verifiable SS 316. Since the Cubis .5 ohm SS coils are marketed as SS 316, they should also work at the same TCR, on a VTC Mini, an ELEAF Pico, and as the ultimate accuracy test a DNA200, all of which I own. But they do NOT create vapor at the known TCR of SS 316, they do work on the first two mods but only using their own SS preset, and that TCR is unknown, but using Cubis SS .5 ohm coils, and using a TCR value of approx. 0102, the excepted TCR of "SS 304", the Vape is close to their SS 316 preset.

Hard to argue the simple logic, as the TCR numbers tell the story. Hence one should deduce, the Cubis SS 316 coils are really SS 304, cheaper Chinese wire.
Tried the Cubis on my Reuleaux DNA 200. The original .5 ss coil and my rba ss316 coil vape almost identically with the steam-engine ss316 profile. That is to say, not very good. When I feel like ripping out my current build I'll do an ss304 build and compare to that. There's a definite difference between my 316 and 304 wire so I'm quite sure that my 316 isn't 304 wire.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Tried the Cubis on my Reuleaux DNA 200. The original .5 ss coil and my rba ss316 coil vape almost identically with the steam-engine ss316 profile. That is to say, not very good. When I feel like ripping out my current build I'll do an ss304 build and compare to that. There's a definite difference between my 316 and 304 wire so I'm quite sure that my 316 isn't 304 wire.

While no one can speak to what your wire is, your own tests confirm that the Cubis SS 316 .5 ohm coils do not work properly at the excepted TCR of that grade on quality devices. They do on their own device presets, but we don't know what those are. I'm only testing these TCR issues, as the ability to set a custom TCR is one of the advertised pluses on the non DNA200, less expensive devices. Would like to think they are reasonably ACCURATE. For example, I mostly choose titanium as my favorite wire. On both the VTC Mini and Pico mods, the titanium preset is close enough to the SteamEngine TCR for titanium, that I'd call it accurate.

Meanwhile, this SS TCR preset on these Chinese mods has been called into question when they first came out, and it's still the same issue, which I find odd.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Another test. Realized I had one Aspire Triton SS316 .4 ohm coil given to me long a go. These work on the new Melo 3 tank that comes with the new Eleaf Pico mod. I put this tank on my DNA200, used the SS setting and it vapes fine. Next, put it on the Pico, made a Stainless Steel 316 TCR custom "M" setting, which on the Pico and Evic Mini's software is "0092". Unlike the supposed Cubis 316 coils, this TCR works fine as well. Therefore I still maintain that the Cubis SS coils are NOT SS316. I would love to be wrong, so as to believe that Joyetech is not substituting 304 SS for what they market as 316SS.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
In VTC mini the default TCR for 316ss mode is 0120.
This value is closer to 430SS (0138) or 304SS (0102) than 316L(0092). They are probably using their unique special alloy!
Where are you getting that from? The initial value for the memory settings is 120, but that doesn't mean that it's the default ss316 setting.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
KenD is right, all three memory slots are 0102, when device is new. Doesn't mean much.

As far as the CUBIS 316SS, someone wrote that they are using nickel legs, after a tear down. Maybe this is affecting the manual TCR differences I and others have noticed. I'm going to open one up myself.

Reactions: KenD

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well then if correct, they are not using the 316SS Steam Engine TCR of 0088. Or using SS304 for their wire. As I wrote earlier using a Triton SS316 coil on a DNA200 works properly at the Steam Engine TCR, but not so on the Joyetech.

Check this interesting post:
Joyetech Cubis

Last edited:

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
I will repost the info over here, too: it does not work properly because the coil is a res-nores setup (Ni-SS).
Just stick to power mode and you'll be fine.

EDIT: oh, sorry, @Mactavish already posted the link of interest.

Here it is:

c8a227b05a536e1b0ceef26d8dd9a749.jpg

Credit goes to Lordbyron77 on esigarettaportal.it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread