The vapor in your lungs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberth

Mar 23, 2011
California
One thing ive noticed is when someone here posts about a negative effect they think might be happening no amount of responding can persuade them any different. If they think water vapor will harm then it will. Another post was about radiation and the op cannot take the facts presented and still believes we are in danger of radiation from vaping. I am starting to think its our minds way to keep us smoking. We try to find a reason why we should not find alternative means to get better. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me. If you dont want to vape you will find a reason and cling on to it for dear life.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Moisture is all around us. Snow, rain, fog, humidity...it's even in the air you already breathe. Interesting little side note that has nothing to do with this; Think the air you breathe is 100% oxygen? Think again. It's only 21% oxygen. Vaping will not cause water to build up in your lungs or make you drown in fluid. It will not cause you to have pneumonia any more than being in an air conditioned room (air conditioning releases small amounts of moisture into the air, BTW.) People have already mentioned that both PG and VG are hygroscopic and will dehydrate you if you don't drink enough water. Tests have shown that PG is a germicidal agent.

If your own research contradicts what we've told you here and the people who have been vaping for years (yes, they do exist here) can't convince you, then your choice is simple. Don't vape. That's not sarcasm, just a fact. You can take for what it's worth.

techtony

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Louisiana USA
One thing ive noticed is when someone here posts about a negative effect they think might be happening no amount of responding can persuade them any different. If they think water vapor will harm then it will. Another post was about radiation and the op cannot take the facts presented and still believes we are in danger of radiation from vaping. I am starting to think its our minds way to keep us smoking. We try to find a reason why we should not find alternative means to get better. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me. If you dont want to vape you will find a reason and cling on to it for dear life.

No offense to the OP but I sometimes wonder whether or not some of these noobs are here to dissuade or cause fear in people who might want to switch but are looking at forums first. I would not put that past BT, BP or the FDA.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
If you actually inhale water it has horrific affects in the long run for your lungs as far as my research goes. I do not say I am right I rather want someone to tell me different since I just placed my order for my first e-cig today lol.

I'm pretty sure your information is about liquid water. People have been inhaling water vapor (steam) for the last 60 thousand years or so with no ill effects. It's water vapor you get from PVs.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
No offense to the OP but I sometimes wonder whether or not some of these noobs are here to dissuade or cause fear in people who might want to switch but are looking at forums first. I would not put that past BT, BP or the FDA.

I have to admit that I've thought that myself, but ignorance can also lead to fear mongering. Some people just can't be persuaded even when presented with facts. It's like trying to convince the hypochondriac that he isn't sick.

Last edited:

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Good valid points.

One other thing to note on inhaling things into the lungs: before I started vaping I was using a nebulizer every morning. My asthma had gotten so bad from my increasingly heavy smoking, that I couldn't start my day without using the nebulizer.

I haven't used it in eleven months.

Sent from my pod

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I'm pretty sure your information is about liquid water. People have been inhaling water vapor (steam) for the last 60 thousand years or so with no ill effects. It's water vapor you get from PVs.
Actually, it is water you LOSE when you vape. In spite of the OP's statement that eJuice contains water, some do contain a small amount of water to make the liquid less viscous. Many, if not most, contain no water. Most of the visible product (exhaled vapor) is probably composed of PG &/or VG, with water condensate which originated in your body, not from the juice. For juices which contain no water (or negligible water) this is a no brainer.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
want to quit: The situation is actually quite the opposite of what you fear. Both of the common base fluids in vaping juice PG & VG are hygroscopic. This means they absorb water. The water constituent of the exhaled vapor is removed from your body primarily, resulting in a need for heavy vapers to consume extra water to avoid dehydration.

There is NO smoke, let's get that clear. That is, after all, the primary reason to quit 'smoking'.
The vaporized PG &/or VG, along with water condensate is what you see in the exhaled breath.

Thanks so much for the detailed info. I had no sources just heard it here and there in the past and was afraid/ had concerns. Once again thanks a bunch sir.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
And no I am not trying to get people scared or anything, however, I do think it's a big step to quit one of the hardest addictions to get rid off (regular cigarettes). And yes I do know anything is better than regular cigarettes but having asthma myself I needed to ask. Thanks for the input was really helpful. 24-48 hrs until my order arrives.

Also new threat in the noob section :)

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
I wouldn't worry about water in your lungs. I would worry however if the PV is burning your throat and tongue. What it is doing to your lungs?

Boss, not everyone can quit cigarettes cold turkey. I've read your other posts and agree that Not smoking or not vaping at all is obviously the healthiest choice. But Ecigs are way, way, way, way better for you in ALL ways than analogs. Your arguments become obsolete when comparing ecigs to regular cigs vs nothing at all.

We wouldn't be here if analogs weren't so damn addictive. I would love to just quit all together, but for now I'm sticking to vaping and since I've started I've noticed nothing but improvements to my health.

Lastly, I will say that my 'urge' for nicotine is much less now that I've started vaping that it was with analogs. I have 0 problems not vaping for 2-3 hours, whereas using analogs I would crave that analog after only 1h or so.

I believe I could quit vaping if I wanted to more so than quitting analogs before.

Saberth

Mar 23, 2011
California
One question. Why haven't you quit?

I beileve the operative phrase in issac's post is "If i wanted to" That makes your question invalid.

My question to you is why do you continue to post negative comments. Not trying to be a ....., but sometimes enough is enough. You obviously quit your PV but you continue to lurk here with your negativity.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
One question. Why haven't you quit?

I quit analogs almost 2 months ago, and damn proud of it. In my eyes, I've quit smoking and that's all that matters. Now, to answer your question: I haven't quit vaping because of several reasons: 1. I am addicted to nicotine, 2. I like the taste of the different juices, 3. I've invested too much money to simply quit just now, 4. It's a hobby for me. .. sure there are more reasons.

But listen Boss, to know your are not inhaling all the dangerous toxins, then exhaling even more of them is a win/win situation for me. I still get my nicotine in a much more pleasant/safer way. Some use bandages others Chantix I decided to vape. Studies have shown that vaping has 0 carcinogens and levels of other dangerous 'elements' are below dangerous levels.

It's choosing the lesser evil.

All I see is people like you pointing out several bad things about the ingredients of vaping, yet when compared to analogs those bad things are laughable at best.

I don't drink alcohol, stopped another bad habit of mine in November, and I don't drink coffee in the morning. The day will come when I will stop vaping, but for now I'm enjoying my safer way getting my nicotine fix.

Again, I'm so surprised by people worrying about the low levels of PG we Vapers are inhaling. It would be nice seeing the same commitment from these people when it comes to warn about the 'deadly' side effects of analogs.

Disclaimer: English is my third language so forgive me for my elementary use of vocabulary.

Saberth

Mar 23, 2011
California
You only see my comments as negative because i do not agree with you

lol all i can do is laugh :) To each his own. I just wish you would find more productive things to do than lurk in these forums. Some of us actually want useful and informative postings.

And it has nothing to do with me agreeing with you or not. I really dont care about your opinion. These forums are meant to be helpful and you simply are not.

I got my first e-cigs after talking about it with my friend who is an air steward. He convince me that this is going to help me quit analog without even me realizing it.
True enough, 3 weeks after i first got my eGo I can't remember when was the last time i smoked an analog. I can now jog for longer distant and walk up the stairs without panting.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Disclaimer: English is my third language so forgive me for my elementary use of vocabulary.
I never would have guessed it!

For what it's worth: I DO drink coffee, have since I was a teenager. And, I see an analogy between my coffee drinking and my vaping. Caffeine is considered relatively benign. And, so is nicotine (by itself). I haven't quit coffee, and I haven't quit nicotine. I just gave up cigarettes. It ain't the nicotine which is the enemy, it's the smoke.

NOTE: I realize nicotine is a poison, I'm referring to its normal consumption by vaping (or even cigarette smoking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread