Status
Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I try to make this quick. We all know regular cigs are bad no doubt about it. However, if the substance of the e-cig contains water (which it does right?) than this could actually be worse for your lungs or at least the same level as regular cigs don't you think?

If you actually inhale water it has horrific affects in the long run for your lungs as far as my research goes. I do not say I am right I rather want someone to tell me different since I just placed my order for my first e-cig today lol.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Come to Indiana in the summer and enjoy our 100% humidity days.

It will either kill ya' or make ya' grow gills. Either that or we have already undergone the horrific effects and are dead. Just Hoosier zombies playing basketball in our driveways.

I make my own juice and have yet to use water in any of it. The water is coming from my lungs. That is why vets will tell newbies to drink lots and lots of water. PG and VG make the fog, just like fog or smoke machines at concerts and haunted houses, but gather water from our lungs instead of from the surrounding air.

But I don't know if you have encountered these things behind the sun. Never been there, but I hear it's nice...

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Sarcasm isn't answering my questions. I smoke cigs since 14 years and now that I ordered my first e-cig I am scared, excited, and scared, as well as scared to the point that I want to pee myself. I have tried 15 times to quit. 2 times it worked for 3 month and I gained 20 pounds and started again. I just want to be sure that I am not harming my body even more since there is lil to no long term study on these things.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
You will not drown from inhaling the vapor released from a pv.
I think that is what you're trying to ascertain? :confused:
It also isn't "smoke" it is vapor produced by heating the chemicals {pg/vg nicotine} in the ejuice to a certain temperature. Let me find the links to for you to read so you might understand better. :)
Hoosier is correct in what he told you and not trying to hurt your feelings imo, just trying to make you feel less scared maybe.
C.B.
:evil:

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
So, you're scared of water vapor? It's all around you on most places on earth, so I'm kinda' lost on that one. Hence the sarcasm.

I tried bunches and bunches of times to quit myself and always failed. I smoke alot longer.

I just vaped when I could and smoked when I had to and woke up one day and discovered I had forgotten to smoke. Haven't had a cig since.

You could keep smoking, or try something with hundreds less harmful chemicals in it. Your choice.

I feel better since switching to vaping. I smell better. Food tastes better. Heck, even sex is better. If vaping is going to kill me, it is a wonderful way to go.

I'll leave you to the nicer folks than me. I spent this evening dancing with my fiance and am rather tired and think I will turn in.

Pick your path and have fun with it.

b4cz28

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Spring TX (Houston)
Just chill....its a whole lot better than smoking. My uncles doctors thought he had the start of emphysema....they thought he was going to have to start on oxygen. He bought an ecig and stopped smoking and his doctor told him that his blood sat level went from nothing back to the 90's in a few months so are they bad for you? I don't think so!

Iluvthearmy

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
The Desert
My uncles doctors thought he had the start of emphysema....they thought he was going to have to start on oxygen. He bought an ecig and stopped smoking and his doctor told him that his blood sat level went from nothing back to the 90's in a few months so are they bad for you? I don't think so!

Same thing happened with my step father (maybe percentages are a bit different) so we both stopped and switched to e-cigs. I tell ya man, my morning runs are soooo much easier and just like Hoosier "I feel better since switching to vaping. I smell better. Food tastes better. Heck, even sex is better. If vaping is going to kill me, it is a wonderful way to go."

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I do know it will be better for me than smoking a pack of cowboy killers each day, however, if you do inhale certain amounts of water each day it has real bad effects for your lungs in the long run. But ya analog cigs even worse. I do not try to make e-cigs look bad just try to understand how the smoke is produced and what you actually inhale. It's too late anyways since my Ego-T starter kit should arrive on Wednesday which means I will buy my last 2 packs of regular cigs tomorrow which gets me somewhat excited. The gas station dude will not be happy to hear it but oh well..

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
want to quit: The situation is actually quite the opposite of what you fear. Both of the common base fluids in vaping juice PG & VG are hygroscopic. This means they absorb water. The water constituent of the exhaled vapor is removed from your body primarily, resulting in a need for heavy vapers to consume extra water to avoid dehydration.

There is NO smoke, let's get that clear. That is, after all, the primary reason to quit 'smoking'.
The vaporized PG &/or VG, along with water condensate is what you see in the exhaled breath.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I have asthma. I also have other health problems including heart (cardiomyopathy) and multiple types of arthritis.
I talked to my doctor about my switching to vaping. He has been very supportive.
My asthma has improved immensley. I no longer require an inhaler. My cardiologist took me off my heart meds. My arthristis is still bad. But hey, you can't have everything.

I started vaping to save money and smoked for about five months- a few cigs a day. One day, I too woke up and just didn't smoke. I didn't even miss it.
I can breathe again. I can smell again (boy the world is a stinky place!) and I can taste again too.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide. Try it. See what you think. See how you feel. Talk to your doctor. Make your own conclusions.

hth!
L

Sent from my pod

Louie the Rat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Stroudsburg PA.
Pg and flavoring I don't know about but, I don't see how water vapor could hurt you. People have been using vaporizers for the relief of chest congestion for a long time. Just look on the shelves at any drug store. I'm sure your mother used one for you when you got a chest cold when you were a kid. Standard treatment even for babies when they have croup. (AKA chest congestion) all they do is create high humidity conditions which clears the lungs. My wife has a breathing machine for sleep appnia If she doesn't use the humidifier part of it she gets allergy like symptoms, sneezing stuffy nose ect. all it does is put water vapor in the air she's breathing. She and thousands of other people us them all night every night. People in tropical climates live in high humidity conditions all their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread