.... The Verdict ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABLUES

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
east coast
Glad the video was helpful.. sweet dreams :) LOL!

Thank GOD he didn't send 50 or 100 of them!

Let me just maked a point Jon.. I was promised the first Prodigy off the production line way back before we even knew what the Prodigy was going to be or what it was called (in April? Early May?), yet I haven't said anything because Steve is stressed enough as it is. I dream about the Prodigy and think about it all day long.. and now that I can't find my Pilot... I am stressed and don't know what to vape... BUT I am willing to wait until the passthru I ordered to go with it is done and I am not going to freak out if I don't get the first one. SO... be calm, have a nice relaxing vape and wait it out. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

I like the PC better too.. looks "cleaner". You saw that jug too???

I would be first in line to teach Mrs Cash how to spank you! LOL!

It probably won't fit... but I am sure I can try to find somewhere else to keep it lol!

Spikey..between your avatar and the Prodigy i might just go to bed now and sleep for a couple of days...think of the dreams!! :sleep: LOL...P.S ..You seem like a really cool girl and no disrespect intended.. JABLUES

Spikey..between your avatar and the Prodigy i might just go to bed now and sleep for a couple of days...think of the dreams!! :sleep: LOL...P.S ..You seem like a really cool girl and no disrespect intended.. JABLUES

None taken :)0 Have you joined the Central NJ Vapers Club yet? Support your local vapers club by going to meetings!

JABLUES

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
east coast
None taken :)0 Have you joined the Central NJ Vapers Club yet? Support your local vapers club by going to meetings!

I will check it out..may have some trouble getting to meetings, i work a lot of different hours and its my own business so no one to push the work on lol..but i will look into it..thanks again for all the info you provide and i hope to chat more often..:cool:

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
So no need to decide at this point with the anodizing or powder coating, based on the photos and posts.

Powder coating it is! Huzzah!

Oh and by the way, I searched my myriad fonts and was only able to find this font as the closest proximity to what was used for the etching (not a perfect match but very close):

The Dymaxion Script:

Download free font - Dymaxion Script

Order number: 16323

I can't frakin' wait!

PS: Off to Dreamland with Spikey's avatar all through my head (queue the Led Zeppelin)

Last edited:

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    AMEN violet! Not to mention:

A) Powder Coating = Same day turnaround (atleast on days where they don't leave at 12 noon, like they did randomly today for some odd reason)
    B) Done Locally
    C) Instead of outsourcing the lazer etching, the engraving can be done in house
    D) The hopeful addition of colors down the road

It seems like a total win = win ... Minus the fact we lost roughly 8-9 days on this whole anodizing fiasco. If we would have known roughly 2 weeks ago, what we know today, likely all orders would have been filled by now :-x The nature of the beast I guess when it comes to developing something new ... Atleast we now have our i's dotted, and our t's crossed ... We can pound these puppies out like no ones business :D

You're probably acutely aware of this one by now, but *always* see if they'll do a sample color run, even with the PC..sometimes the colors/end result are still not what's expected, and if you have one that's 'right,' you can always use it in the event they botch a batch down the road and try to play it off as 'this is what you wanted'...

violetvoo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 22, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole..
    great job on your new MOD. I like the the symbol and the coating looks great. I cant wait to see what you come up with next. For now Im still looking for something way smaller. But I will keep an eye out for your next MOD. :)
    He's making a ProdigyII that will be smaller.

fiddler

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2008
    New York City
    Other versions of the Prodigy would certainly be welcome, but I'd like to see Steve focus his considerable talents on the weakest link in the chain - the atomizer.

A beefed up 801 style atty that can be reliably cleaned (or self-clean), and that is robust enough to give long service would be a great boon. Made in USA of course!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    So to be clear the the prodigy will look just like the tan one that was posted only in black powder coating and the word prodigy in the ingraved writing? and not like the design on the website

Hey DJ ... We will be sticking with Black Powder Coating with the Retro 80's style Font for the Prodigy. Pretty much, the exact same as tan just in black :)

djtech

May 12, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    thank you, glad the wait is almost over.had a friend come over today to replace some electrical outlets he asked do i have a flashlight . i hung my head low as my girlfriend said we do but they are all dismantled and the one that does work makes smoke not light . ps and my 6 volt mod is tasting like crap so i will look forward to the sweet spot you refered to .and i think that will be just right .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread