Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Guys ...

Got roughly another 45-40 PT's back from Anodizing today. We have been having an issue with the LED Switches on the PT's. They can't seem to hold the current at 5v and become very unstable. They either 1) Start flickering 2) Completely burn out within just a few minutes of use. However, the switch itself still works, just not the LED.

So in last minute preparation, we have decided NOT to activate the light on the switch, to save us all grief later on :) The clear button still looks HAWT and is very aesthetically pleasing, and easily able to handle the 5v - 500mAh+ pushed through it.

I will know more on completion and shipping this afternoon.

As far as the Prodigy's - Got 12 back from Anodizing today. They are no entirely PERFECT like powdercoating. They do have some flaws here or there, but nothing really bad. They are off to the lazer etches as we speak, and should we get those back today, they will be shipping today.

Another 150 Prodigy's went off to the Powder Coaters this morning (already engraved) so we will see if/when those are complete. If completed this afternoon, they will ship this evening/tomorrow/Monday. If not, they will ship Monday.

Those are the updates I have at this point in time, should know more within just a few hours! Thanks Guys!

-Steve

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thanks for the updates Steve. We Vultures really appreciate all you do to keep us informed. I don't mind a slightly flawed anodized Prodigy if it means I can get it sooner. Have a great day and try to stop and smell the Lakers, .. I mean roses every once in awhile.

Awww... yes ... The Lakers ... Sweet taste of --- CHAMPIONSHIP -- :D Didn't even get to start on the game till midnight last night, then the freaking thunderstorms and tornado warning kept interrupting the game but I eventually got through it! Literrally, 5 - 10 minute segments were cut out. 4 minutes left in the 4th it cut out till like 2 minutes left in OT!!! I WAS LIKE ... WTH !!!!!! LOL ... How did they get to OT ?!?!?! it left me wanting!

I will miss the LED *cries*

as will I ... but I won't miss the blinding light staring back at me ;)

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Bah! I actually managed to *order* a pair of the PTs and adapters, and now ya go and tell me no LED. I think I'm gonna cry.

Ok, maybe not, is this the first run (which were already sold out) or the second?

Doesn't really matter to me, LED would be nice, but..don't care too much.

I'm betting you need to run the LED in parallel, possibly with a resistance load or diode in that 'branch'/circuit so you're not pushing the same voltage/current through it as the atty, are you running it in series now?

Send me one, darnit :D

Thanks for the updates, as usual. It sounds bad to say 'it's nice to see someone update with their screwups/issues,' but really, it's just a good indication of honesty, and any of the semi-homegrown first designs and manufacturing types of projects *all* have growing pains like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread