.... The Verdict ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
for your inevitable response. Have you preordered yet, or are you just gonna share Spikey's exclusive numero uno first one shipped Prodigy? I cannot wait to see the colors and pimping everyone will do. I certainly hope to see your "Signature Colors" on a Prodigy:D

He's not striping mine! I am a black kinda girl... I don't do colors! LOL! (He already ordered anyway I think).

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
LOL

Are you sure this isn't a reason NOT to ?!?!?! Leather panties, chains, and a whip don't sound too bad for being a naughty boy!!!!! LOL

Maybe we should make a limited edition DW edition ... Striped like a candy cane !!! i can see it now !!! :D
I don't know if you have seen my posts around the forums and assessed my personality from them but lets just say, I am not the 'get whipped' type but more the doing the whipping type.:(8-o

DW

LOL

Are you sure this isn't a reason NOT to ?!?!?! Leather panties, chains, and a whip don't sound too bad for being a naughty boy!!!!! LOL

Maybe we should make a limited edition DW edition ... Striped like a candy cane !!! i can see it now !!! :D

It frightens me a little to think of DW in leather panties! Oh wait.. me? Or him? I shoulda read that better... now I will have nightmares lol!

What do you have some kind of RSS feed that alerts you as soon as your name is used in a conversation on the forum?
:p

DW
Hah! No.. I was actually here cause I wanted to see when the Prodigy was being shipped and what the deal was with the USB PT's. I had a client leave a deposit by paypal and now I have $ in paypal (like u didn't go 2 bank I can't have accessible $ and not get stuff!!!) so I am trying to look forward to the Prodigy instead.. anything else will be a waste of $!

Just read the leaky stick thread over in that "other" forum lol!! U crack me up... u r just mean lol!

You make black seem as colorful as a rainbow:wub: Plus if you wore more colors,you and DW would clash during media and legislative sessions:)
Awww thx! Very true.. clashing is bad esp w/2 alpha types!!!

Cancer

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
if i read into Steve's post correctly, he made the change after testing it. It seems he found a switch that was easier to "turn on" for bigger fingers...yet selective and strong enough to not accidently activate. Just my 2 cents. I too worried after reading the beginning, yet later in that post he addresses that issue. I'm sure warranty wise, that switch will hold up better as well.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Quick question Steve- the switch is no longer recessed? That was one of the main selling points for me. If enough folks want a recessed switch, would you be able to do another batch that way?

Hey Rink,

Unless you have the tiny fingers of a school girl, it would get quite difficult to fully depress. I could do it, but after 2-3 days, I got sincerely ...... at the thing...

Here's what we took in to account:
1. Standard tact switches (while some seem to be quite robust) we had 3 fail on us in a matter of weeks. All 3 were different, made by separate manufacturers, and had different gram ratings. The issue was actually the throw of the switch itself and the operating force behind it.
2. If the tact switch itself is all we used, the button would be quite small and still protrude. Another negative on standard tacts is that they can easily be accidentally *Stuck* in the "on" position. We encountered this a couple times as well. A lengthier throw eliminates this.
3. The switch (once fully depressed) is actually still recessed. Meaning, it goes below flush/flat roughly 20 thousandths.... We did this to allow for easy use and no worries when carrying around in pockets, etc...
4. So, it essentially still acts as a tactile switch, beefier components to allow for a longer life, sturdier and more prevalent throw, and full depression to activate. Its easier for a finger (no matter what the size) to depress 20 thousandths of an inch instead of roughly 70 - 80 thousandths in to a small hole...

I hope that makes sense and I didn't confuse you even more.

if i read into Steve's post correctly, he made the change after testing it. It seems he got found a switch that was easier to "turn on" for bigger finger...yet selective and strong enough to not accidently activate. Just my 2 cents. I too worried after reading the beginning, yet later in that post he addresses that issue. I'm sure warranty wise, that switch will hold up better as well.

Correct = Bigger finger would not allow the switch to fully depress and operate properly.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
All this talk of tact on this forum...

/me ducks

Thanks for the thorough explanation Steve. It makes total sense! I am very glad you are meticulously testing everything out (as well as being very open about the testing) before placing it on the market.

Cheers,

no problemo rink! although, i just went back and read my post again, and I think I utterly confused myself! LOL ... it will work and work as advertised = *nough said!!! :)

Will there be a model with built in satellite navigation?

good question ... i do use navi alot, although i let my xm traffic expire because ... there really is no traffic around here!!! lol

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
no problemo rink! although, i just went back and read my post again, and I think I utterly confused myself! LOL ... it will work and work as advertised = *nough said!!! :)

good question ... i do use navi alot, although i let my xm traffic expire because ... there really is no traffic around here!!! lol

No XM or Sirius? How can you live, man?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread