Status
Not open for further replies.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
vaptamist, let us know how you like the Kangers. They are on my wish list but I have yet to try them.

How's the XL today, smilee?

Been trying these out - so far so good! I haven't noticed a strange taste and they seem to give out very good flavor. One thing I will say is that even though the first one metered at 2.8 ohms, it was a warmer vape than the 2.0 boge I was using. I like these a lot - I think having the horizontal coil at the bottom really works well with the bottom feeding.

I also tried a smoktek 1.25 ohm dual coil - meh, I wasn't impressed.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
I bought some Kanger 2.0 cartomizers. There was a strange taste at first, but after sitting for a day, it finally tastes normal on my Provari @ 3.7v .... not as good as a Boge, but "ok". I stuck it on the VMod XL and the vapor production was reduced a little bit, but everything else seemed to be the same. I found that I have to be careful feeding it or it will spit little juice (which is kinda hard since that tube is pretty narrow). I suppose this is better than the Vapage cartos but still not great.

So the HH.357 1.5ohm 510 is still the best performing out of all the atomizer/cartos I've tried on the VMod XL.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
@karma...

I bet he isn't trying every atty or carto on the block with it!

Mine was perfect for the first few weeks until I started trying out more gear. Then it went askew and broke. I'm using it with no real problems -- just moisture on the atty under the chimney. Sure, I'll replace it, but I'm in no hurry.

I believe it was said that the XL size was spec'd for atty's /carto's without the extra thickness of the paper wrap. It's my thought that using these (like I have) may scrunch it.

Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only vaper that finds a drip tip fits on one atty and not the next nearly as well---there are slight variations in size.

I have found that the XL does not like the atty and cartos with wrappers on them, the solution is to use the stainless ones :) and it may well be why I have not had problems, not sure but worth a look at for those having problems just peel the sticker off and use some Goo be gone to take the sticky crud off :)

I forgot to add, you are right about the thickness of the cartos and attys. boges are thinner and work a bit better than Smoktech cartos, to me anyway.

Last edited:

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Yes, very warm vapor. Feeding fine. But I wonder if it's PG masking the Kanger taste, 'cause Busardo and i sure taste it -- he's also a VG vaper. Once you go alll-VG, any extra taste really stands out. Vaptamist, how much PG in your liquids?

In the two I tried: 0 and 40% VG. If I'm vaping anything over 80% VG I use an atomizer-

I would like to add that I have extremely sensitive taste buds - I normally hate cartos because of the carto taste. I get more carto taste out of the boge's so far. The vmod is really the only device I really like cartos on - nothing else keeps them wet enough for me.

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Well, you ARE using a lot of PG, and that Kanger taste is sort of PG-like, industrial, and it won't go away. I mentioned him because Pete Busardo is considered a very experienced vaper with a big following, and he too finds the Boges cleanest-tasting and the Kangers not. Maybe you hate VG, and Boges taste VG-like? Who cares, to each his own, whatever you prefer. I like the taste of CE2s, and EMDCCs, but neither makes much sense on the Vmods.

Yeah, so far, a 1.5 ohm HH.357 is indeed hard to beat. Before I realized they need a juiced-up rest, I'd switch to a fresh Boge or Resurrector, tearing up the o-ring in the process, vaped happy for 2-3 days until it started getting mungy, tossed the carto, put the HH.357 back on and totally wondered why I switched in the first place. Now I just oversquirsh the .357, let it sit vertical an hour, and ... he's baaaack!

Gotta make sure liquid gets all the way up and covers the coil before it pulls back, that's how to avoid the nasty dry hit. Gotta make sure the tide pulls fully back, like sand on the beach, to avoid El Gurglito.

There's a technique I haven't fully mastered yet, of vaping the .357 with the Vmod slightly tilted, suck hard, and then it almost just feeds itself, no gurgling, very smooth.

Drat my second blue vapage battery just died. First one reads 2.9 mostly, this one 0.0000 v.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have not tried my HH on the XL, yet. I've had trepidation switching out attys since my 901 fiasco! :)

It sounds to me, Fernand, like you're really becoming the HH expert.

(I think I shall make a new tag line, just for you. "Don't hate me because I like PG.")

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC
How does the Cisco 1.5's compare to the HH .357? I got some bridgeless Cicso 1.5 attys as well as Boge 2.0 cartos a few days ago and so far I'm really happy with them. I just find it hard to pull the trigger on a $22 atty.

Also, has anyone tried the AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizer? AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Avid Vaper

GobblerHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Milton, NC
Just for you, Fernand.

Philip Morris beat you to it in their logo

Philip_Morris_logo.jpg

yeebiz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Nesquehning, PA
How does the Cisco 1.5's compare to the HH .357? I got some bridgeless Cicso 1.5 attys as well as Boge 2.0 cartos a few days ago and so far I'm really happy with them. I just find it hard to pull the trigger on a $22 atty.

Also, has anyone tried the AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizer? AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Avid Vaper

I tried the aero bridgeless. In my opinion, not even in the same class as an HH.357. The aero vape warmer and produce a ton of vapor. Where they fail in my eyes is in the flavor department. The HH.357 far out classes them in flavor. Far, far, far out classes them.....

norcalx360repair

Jan 20, 2011
California
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: no selling here,

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
A Gold-bottom Uni Hybrid can be exquisite. So can the IKVs and many other atties. But it looks like the 1.5 ohm 357 wire is lower resistance, so it's thinner and has many more turns on the coil. More taste & throat than the Uni. The psychological resistance to a $22 atomizer is so funny. I felt it too. Whoa, $50 for 2 lousy atties w/ shipping? But it's silly, considering what we spend on other vaparia and how long a good atty lasts. Six weeks so far, no end in sight. People say months. The 357 fits the XL comfortably, no need to take out the o-ring. One thing I really like about it is that it's the only device that vapes well even down to where the battery shuts off.

Last edited:

brian272465

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
florida
A Gold-bottom Uni Hybrid can be exquisite. So can the IKVs and many other atties. But it looks like the 1.5 ohm 357 wire is lower resistance, so it's thinner and has many more turns on the coil. More taste & throat than the Uni. The psychological resistance to a $22 atomizer is so funny. I felt it too. Whoa, $50 for 2 lousy atties w/ shipping? But it's silly, considering what we spend on other vaparia and how long a good atty lasts. Six weeks so far, no end in sight. People say months. The 357 fits the XL comfortably, no need to take out the o-ring. One thing I really like about it is that it's the only device that vapes well even down to where the battery shuts off.

I agree the 357 is the only atty that's good all the way through the batteries cycle

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Keefer

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Murphy, NC

You're right that it's a psychological thing about spending that much on an atty but if there are other attys out there that are comparable then there's at least some justification for it. Well, that's my rational anyway. And my resistance is waning with all of the rave reviews. It's also interesting to hear about the performance continuing even as the batteries drain. I do find that I am changing batteries before they actually shut off because of the performance drop.

Thanks for the feedback.

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
I bought today hundred sizes of orings :), my opinion:
1) small for vent-stack - big tolerance. You can use oring from 5,5-9 x 1-1.2. I stay with 6x1.2 - perfect air flow, no leak
2) inner oring - smal tolerance 9-9,5x1-1,5, i stay at 9,5x1

summary:
you may use 2 simillar orings, in my opinion best universal size is 9,5x1

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I bought today hundred sizes of orings :), my opinion:
1) small for vent-stack - big tolerance. You can use oring from 5,5-9 x 1-1.2. I stay with 6x1.2 - perfect air flow, no leak
2) inner oring - smal tolerance 9-9,5x1-1,5, i stay at 9,5x1

summary:
you may use 2 simillar orings, in my opinion best universal size is 9,5x1

Great smilee....................
I'm getting a kick today and will try to adapt it to the XL when it arrives............cross your orings.....er fingers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread