aefd8783-c103-6c64.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
For those reading this thread considering buying a VVPV (or VV Pro V if that's what you want to call it), this is indeed a desirable PV. I'm sure some of you have been following the progress and noticed a couple of bumps in the road for notcigs getting this device in to production. I think that is turning around and the way forward will be smoother. Just judging by this beautiful PV they put in my hands today, I'm certain others will be shipping as nice looking and perfectly performing as this one. I admit, I did have to do a very very minor repair. The spring assembly wasn't secured so I had to re-secure it with a couple of drops thermal epoxy. It took maybe 10 seconds so it is hardly worth the mention, but it is fair to mention if anyone else ever needs to do the same.

Right this moment while I type this, I'm finishing the first bottle of juice I put in it. - The pump is working perfectly, the vv is working perfectly, and it is delivering an incredibly consistent vape. I've let my atty go dry a couple of times but only because I wasn't paying attention. Other than that, every single drag I take is exactly like the last one. Having that sort of juice control means you can keep an atty in the sweet spot for a long, long time just by pushing a button now and then. It's amazingly easy to operate. The VV has a really smooth control where you can make some very fine (small) voltage adjustments really easily and accurately. Also, it's easy to make big adjustments to the vv. It's a thumb wheel that is attached to a very smooth and accurate trim pot. Again... amazingly easy to operate.

Having minute control over juice feed and minute control over voltage makes for a very customizable experience. You can easily make your vape exactly how you want it and this device will deliver that exact thing to you all day. It gives incredibly consistent performance. Battery run times seem pretty good with the new batteries. I've just done in 4 ml in about 12 hours and it's not indicating low batteries yet.

So, if you're reading this thread thinking about buying a VVPV or have had some hesitation, it's probably time to gather the necessary resources and order one of these.

Speaking of necessary resources: A couple of things: Buy a drip shield if you don't already have one. You will be glad you did. And figure out a way to use your own drip tip until the drip tip adapter comes out. I modified a regular delrin dt by adding a 2mm length of 12 guage SS tube. Works great. Others have drilled the side of a dt to accept the tubing. At least one person is punching holes in a metal adapter. Cruise the notcigs sub-forum and you'll find some other methods. I personally think it is worth doing... unless you happen to be a fan of whistle tips. If you are, then you'll probably be able to make due with the dt he ships.

So, with a drip shield and a customized dt (or maybe wait until notcigs offers the adapter for the dt), you're fully set up. And, to be quite honest, some drip shields look really cool and there are tons of specialized dt's out there to customize the look of the PV. -- the youngsters call that "Bling". I went with a plain black delrin drip shield and a plain black delrin dt, but I've checked out some pictures of vvpvs with nice empire drip shields on and trippy tips, a donut tip, pawns, etc. So, if you like the bling, you should get that ordered first so it's ready when your VVPV arrives ;)

So that's what I have to say. The quality and performance of this mod is very high and the level of control it gives you over your vape is unmatched. I think the production issues are addressed and it's time to start giving this one some serious thought. I think there are probably a couple out there that might need a repair, but judging by the one I received today, I think notcigs is ramped up for a run of perfect mods.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
totally agree; i don't DIY anything, but for now, I'm using an SR 901 with a pyrex d/t and dripping (until the adpater comes out) and just like six says, getting perfect vapes, and knowing this baby is rock solid.
I beta tested the last proto and knew this was a keeper.
For those reading this thread considering buying a VVPV (or VV Pro V if that's what you want to call it), this is indeed a desirable PV. I'm sure some of you have been following the progress and noticed a couple of bumps in the road for notcigs getting this device in to production. I think that is turning around and the way forward will be smoother. Just judging by this beautiful PV they put in my hands today, I'm certain others will be shipping as nice looking and perfectly performing as this one. I admit, I did have to do a very very minor repair. The spring assembly wasn't secured so I had to re-secure it with a couple of drops thermal epoxy. It took maybe 10 seconds so it is hardly worth the mention, but it is fair to mention if anyone else ever needs to do the same.

Right this moment while I type this, I'm finishing the first bottle of juice I put in it. - The pump is working perfectly, the vv is working perfectly, and it is delivering an incredibly consistent vape. I've let my atty go dry a couple of times but only because I wasn't paying attention. Other than that, every single drag I take is exactly like the last one. Having that sort of juice control means you can keep an atty in the sweet spot for a long, long time just by pushing a button now and then. It's amazingly easy to operate. The VV has a really smooth control where you can make some very fine (small) voltage adjustments really easily and accurately. Also, it's easy to make big adjustments to the vv. It's a thumb wheel that is attached to a very smooth and accurate trim pot. Again... amazingly easy to operate.

Having minute control over juice feed and minute control over voltage makes for a very customizable experience. You can easily make your vape exactly how you want it and this device will deliver that exact thing to you all day. It gives incredibly consistent performance. Battery run times seem pretty good with the new batteries. I've just done in 4 ml in about 12 hours and it's not indicating low batteries yet.

So, if you're reading this thread thinking about buying a VVPV or have had some hesitation, it's probably time to gather the necessary resources and order one of these.

Speaking of necessary resources: A couple of things: Buy a drip shield if you don't already have one. You will be glad you did. And figure out a way to use your own drip tip until the drip tip adapter comes out. I modified a regular delrin dt by adding a 2mm length of 12 guage SS tube. Works great. Others have drilled the side of a dt to accept the tubing. At least one person is punching holes in a metal adapter. Cruise the notcigs sub-forum and you'll find some other methods. I personally think it is worth doing... unless you happen to be a fan of whistle tips. If you are, then you'll probably be able to make due with the dt he ships.

So, with a drip shield and a customized dt (or maybe wait until notcigs offers the adapter for the dt), you're fully set up. And, to be quite honest, some drip shields look really cool and there are tons of specialized dt's out there to customize the look of the PV. -- the youngsters call that "Bling". I went with a plain black delrin drip shield and a plain black delrin dt, but I've checked out some pictures of vvpvs with nice empire drip shields on and trippy tips, a donut tip, pawns, etc. So, if you like the bling, you should get that ordered first so it's ready when your VVPV arrives ;)

So that's what I have to say. The quality and performance of this mod is very high and the level of control it gives you over your vape is unmatched. I think the production issues are addressed and it's time to start giving this one some serious thought. I think there are probably a couple out there that might need a repair, but judging by the one I received today, I think notcigs is ramped up for a run of perfect mods.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I was just doing my nightly ritual of topping off cartos, checking batteries, filling bottles, filling tanks, wiping down my mods, etc etc etc.

It took less than a minute. The last time I was able to accomplish that task so quickly was when i only owned one e-cig. Tonight, I filled two bottles. That was it. No cartos to top off, no mods to wipe down from over dripping - no fresh cartos to fill, no E2s to cut - no cartos to punch ---- Nothing to do but fill a 5 ml bottle and a 3 ml bottle. I realized the only two PVs I've touched in the last three days are my REO Mini and my VVPV.

On any given vaping day, normal behavior for me would be to use anywhere from 6 to 10 different mods. I like them all. Some of the reason is to have several juices I like ready to go, and some of it is that I have some good voltage to ohms combinations with different attys and cartos on different mods where I can produce 3,7v, 4.8v, 5.0v, and 6.0v.

Well, I dripped the atty in my REO a few times for a couple of my favorite flavors (I would normally drip a tube mod, but it was just as handy to use the REO), and I had the mini with me when I climbed a comm tower Friday...The VVPV has otherwise dominated my vaping time. That's really incredible to me.

This is going to be the holy grail for vapers. .

Indeed. This is the best mod on the market as of today. If notcigs had been able to avoid such a rough product launch, there is no doubt in my mind that these would be sold out and it wouldn't be such a small number of people singing the praises.

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
The VVPV or VVProV wil be my first and ONLY box mod! Hands down this PV(IMO) is the BEST VV box mod on the market today! With its very stylish look, sleekness, beauty, and option of having a pump feed or tank, you freakin' can't go wrong! One word for this mod...AWESOME! Mike, you killed it with this one! :D

phiniac.com :D

enfurno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Las Vegas
www.majorvapor.com
Yeah but those phiniac tanks are just sooooo damn cool. I've owned a few box mods, nothing speaks class like a custom phiniac.

The VVPV or VVProV wil be my first and ONLY box mod! Hands down this PV(IMO) is the BEST VV box mod on the market today! With its very stylish look, sleekness, beauty, and option of having a pump feed or tank, you freakin' can't go wrong! One word for this mod...AWESOME! Mike, you killed it with this one! :D

phiniac.com :D

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well, today was 1 month with this VVPV (it is my second unit - long story shortened: I had a different one with a problem - Mike was kind enough to trade me for brass and black rather than all chrome I started out with). -- Eyeballing the nearly empty 100 ml bottle of AVE 555, and knowing I drained another one just like it with this PV, it looks like I've gone through about ~170-175 ml.

I have 30 charge and drain cycles on the batteries and they are still getting me close to 7ml vaped from a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at usually around 4.3v but sometimes as high as 4.6v. That's impressive right there. The batteries charge in about a half hour - also impressive. :::::----> Most impressive is that the consistency remains. Every drag is just like the last one and just like the next one will be - all day long. I am indeed down to only using two mods. The VVPV is with me all the time unless I'm handling cattle or climbing a tower. Then it's my REO mini. Even my nicest and most favorite tube mods are being neglected

I have a couple of hundred cartos in my stock for my tube mods that may never get used (well at least not until I get a VV REO).

This PV has been 100% reliable and 100% predictable. If it continues this way for another month, all of my tube mods except one of my rough stacks and maybe my triple-v will be headed for the classifieds. Heck, I might even get rid of the triple-v. Along with that stuff will probably be a hundred cartos, and 50+ mod batteries I don't need any more. Plus some MAP tanks and a couple of DCT tanks and whatever cartos I have ready for those. --- I have been weeding out my collection lately, but this is really the first I've seriously considered unloading all of my stuff because it isn't getting used... supplanted by a superior device.

Last edited:

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
Well, today was 1 month with this VVPV (it is my second unit - long story shortened: I had a different one with a problem - Mike was kind enough to trade me for brass and black rather than all chrome I started out with). -- Eyeballing the nearly empty 100 ml bottle of AVE 555, and knowing I drained another one just like it with this PV, it looks like I've gone through about ~170-175 ml.

I have 30 charge and drain cycles on the batteries and they are still getting me close to 7ml vaped from a 2.0 ohm hh.357 at usually around 4.3v but sometimes as high as 4.6v. That's impressive right there. The batteries charge in about a half hour - also impressive. :::::----> Most impressive is that the consistency remains. Every drag is just like the last one and just like the next one will be - all day long. I am indeed down to only using two mods. The VVPV is with me all the time unless I'm handling cattle or climbing a tower. Then it's my REO mini. Even my nicest and most favorite tube mods are being neglected

I have a couple of hundred cartos in my stock for my tube mods that may never get used (well at least not until I get a VV REO).

This PV has been 100% reliable and 100% predictable. If it continues this way for another month, all of my tube mods except one of my rough stacks and maybe my triple-v will be headed for the classifieds. Heck, I might even get rid of the triple-v. Along with that stuff will probably be a hundred cartos, and 50+ mod batteries I don't need any more. Plus some MAP tanks and a couple of DCT tanks and whatever cartos I have ready for those. --- I have been weeding out my collection lately, but this is really the first I've seriously considered unloading all of my stuff because it isn't getting used... supplanted by a superior device.

thanks for all of your helpful feedback on the vvpv, six! just got the 'shipped' message on this item yesterday--i ordered the item 4.10, so it has been a bit of a wait. i was not able to get one of the very sought after vv REOS, but who knows? the arrival of this bad boy may soothe the soul, haha! in truth, i have not really taken to bottom feeding like water--i prefer straight dripping to squonking (something about the slurping and taking dry hits to pull the juice onto the coil). top feeding somehow seems like it will be closer to dripping...

i ordered the drip tip adaptor and have my trusty empire mod drip shield in hand, just wondering if i should run an iO6 3.5 Ohm with DCA, a 3.0 Ohm Cisco 510, or a HH .357 3.0 Ohm. Maybe the lower Ohms will do me better since the notcigs mods run to 5.5 volts rather than the 6 volts that a lot of other VV mods can manage. What do you think? Since I am use to vaping at higher voltages I do not really have any 2.5 Ohm attys laying around--somehow they seem like they would be perfect for creating just enough heat for a hothead like me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread