Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I think a thread like this one is overdue since WL has grown and other threads are being highjacked, along with OP's being bombarded with PM's. I have yet to see a real post for wizard labs but one thread is getting hit real hard so here is a link to the thread. Please try not to post anymore in that thread but use it for information gathering only as the OP has been getting a lot of unwanted PM's about the product She herself knows little about. Im no moderator so feel free to do as you will. I am only trying to be accommodating. I also do not know a lot about DIY and only buy from WL. Ive ordered from them 3 times in the past, so im not claiming to be a WL expert. Im only a 5 month old baby vapor myself.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/256860-wizard-labs-nic-base-reviews.html

Last edited:

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
I've got 3 years of DIY behind me and have used several vendors during that time. I guess I've been lucky in never getting unflavored nic I didn't like or nic that didn't have the labeled strength. I'm retired now and don't have access to the same lab equipment I used to so recently only do the blue titration test on unflavored I order. Still have not received anything unusual from anyone. My DIY batches are for 2 vapers, 30 to 60 days worth at a time, with very little variation in flavors (would be boring to most of you guys :)).

In the past, I would select and order my PG and VG from sources that I found to have acceptable (to me) traceability. If I could not get satisfactory info, I moved on. PG and VG in my DIY mixes account for about 80% of the ingredients, with the Nicotine being only 1.2% at the strength I mix.

Seldom do I buy flavors, PG, VG, or NIC from a small "new" vendor. John, at WL, is an exception. But only after discussing his sources, practices, and record keeping at great length with him. I trust John to keep close control over his products. Price is of less importance as it would be hard to ever spend as much on DIY as I did on tobacco.

My suggestion to anyone contemplating DIY e-juice mixing is to learn how to do it safely first. Learn about each of the ingredients you plan on using before filling up an on-line shopping cart.

Then do some comparative shopping. Fill up a few shopping carts, add in shipping, shop around.
Don't put a lot of faith in fanboy (like me) comments or flamers (again like me), try to pick a vendor you can trust.
Compare prices if you must, but trusting the humans dispensing and mixing up these somewhat risky chemicals has value to me.

Rocky

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Very good information "Rocket". Would you like to add a write up here or post a link, so more people know how to mix in a more safe manor? I for one just mix on my desk and from the sounds of it, the way I go about it would probably give you a heart attack. That does not mean I am unwilling to be taught, and change the way I mix my juice. Its just ignorance mixed with complacency. I am sure that im not the only one as well.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I have not [yet] ordered from WL, but have every intention to as soon as I am able.

I have read numerous positive things about the company and their practices and decided to email them very early this morning with a couple pre-sales questions.

I am amazed John can get through his inbox! Received a response before 11AM and his reply was a very pleasant surprise. Not only was he very gracious about my mentioning a certain competitor, but he quickly moved on to share a good deal of thoughtful info and suggestions relating to my questions.

I can't wait until I have the opportunity to try their products; I'll certainly follow up here when I do.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Very good information "Rocket". Would you like to add a write up here or post a link, so more people know how to mix in a more safe manor? I for one just mix on my desk and from the sounds of it, the way I go about it would probably give you a heart attack. That does not mean I am unwilling to be taught, and change the way I mix my juice. Its just ignorance mixed with complacency. I am sure that im not the only one as well.

Depending on quantity you have open at any one time and the strength you are starting with, desk or kitchen table mixing could be OK. Mixing in a little more organized fashion would be better. At least make 'educated' shortcuts :)
There are many mixing guides on the web. You could google for one I especially like, use this with google
diy e-juice mixing tutorial

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Depending on quantity you have open at any one time and the strength you are starting with, desk or kitchen table mixing could be OK. Mixing in a little more organized fashion would be better. At least make 'educated' shortcuts :)
There are many mixing guides on the web. You could google for one I especially like, use this with google
diy e-juice mixing tutorial

I love your tut sir! I read that a short while back (and am reviewing, just to see how much I've forgotten already) but I hadn't associated it with you over here in ECF until now.

Informative and entertaining. Hard to beat that :)

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Anyone happen to have heard when either the graduated cylinders or Seedman's supplies might be restocked?

I know I can go directly to Seedmans for the tobacco flavorings, but I'm still pretty new to DIY and I love being able to grab a nice variety with each order (since they are all just $1.49!) Besides that, John is outstanding to communicate with. I'm only asking here because, well, it's not that important but I know he'll answer my email anyway. Figuring someone may know already, this might save him a minute.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
OK, with 200 posts already over 'dere', please explain what info/questions goes where...
dontknow.gif

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
OK, with 200 posts already over 'dere', please explain what info/questions goes where...
dontknow.gif

I haven't a clue. My thinking was that one says "nic review" in the thread title, so I figured I'd ask here.

In any case, I've gotten word that Seedman's should be available next week :thumb:

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
dontknow.gif
I was trying to get everything over here since the op for the other thread had been getting a lot of unwanted pm's. She had helped me a bunch in the past so I am trying to return the favor. I listed the other link for fact seekers since it was such a big thread loaded with helpful info. The biggest on WL really. I thought she would ask a mod to lock it up but guess not. Sorry for the confusion.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Received my first shipment from the Wizard today and I'm very happy I began the search for a new vendor.

Anyway - I can totally understand what people are saying about the packaging! Holy smokes. Is John's other business a bubble-wrap production facility??

ETA: Thanks for the freebies John!

Last edited:

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I had asked about a newsletter - that's still not available and John replied "Til then, think Easter Egg hunt" in regards to finding new flavors posted. Well. I've been hunting again! I've been watching the flavor count and noticed today it went up by (I think) 10 since my last visit.

Pretty confident these are the new ones:

Double Chocolate Dark (TFA)
Dulce De Leche (TFA)
English Toffee (there are now two - I think this LorAnns is the new one)
Hibiscus (TFA)
Double Kiwi (TFA)
Kona Coffee (TFA) [if you use try this one, I'd consider pre-diluting it to 10%]
Pecan (TFA)
Raisin (TFA)
Methol Crystals (diluted menthol has been available as long as I've known of WL. Note that this one is the only priced over $1.49)
Koolada! has been there maybe a month now, but worth a mention anyway since I can't figure out what the 10th one was. TA is available in both PG and ALC now - that's relatively new also. :)

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Once they up the sizes of flavors I will buy from them. The 4ml wont last very long and if you find a flavor you like its cheaper to get in bulk from the source. Would be nice to get it all from the wizard.

8ml glass vials for $1.49? PM me where you get your flavors - I've never found anyone cheaper than that!

You are getting twice what you get from TFA direct even for only nine cents more. The TFA direct prices are only competitive once you are at at least 1oz and in many cases 4oz.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
8ml glass vials for $1.49? PM me where you get your flavors - I've never found anyone cheaper than that!

You are getting twice what you get from TFA direct even for only nine cents more. The TFA direct prices are only competitive once you are at at least 1oz and in many cases 4oz.
I guess for normal use your correct. Its not a bad price. I thought they where 4ml. I would still like to see more options then just one size or having to buy multiples of the same flavor.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Just to chime in, I have only ordered once, but service was outstanding and prices are more than fair. I only got some flavorings and mixing tools, no nic base or dilutants but everything's been top notch so far.

I emailed WL also with pre sales quesitons and got a very speedy reply. Tanks to WL staff for that.

Finally, I have only one complaint/criticism and that is I wish they'd sell flavorings in dropper bottles and not the vials. I was syringing some flavor out of a vial and spilled it everywhere. Yep, my fault but had it been a dropper bottle it wouldnt have been such a mess.

Keep up the good work WL.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Just to chime in, I have only ordered once, but service was outstanding and prices are more than fair. I only got some flavorings and mixing tools, no nic base or dilutants but everything's been top notch so far.

I emailed WL also with pre sales quesitons and got a very speedy reply. Tanks to WL staff for that.

Finally, I have only one complaint/criticism and that is I wish they'd sell flavorings in dropper bottles and not the vials. I was syringing some flavor out of a vial and spilled it everywhere. Yep, my fault but had it been a dropper bottle it wouldnt have been such a mess.

Keep up the good work WL.

Yeah... the glass vial thing is a mixed bag. On the one hand, it really is the "best" storage containment for our nic/flavors/pg/vg/etc, but it's definitely significantly easier to squirt 12 drops (or whatever) from a little plastic bottle than it is to syringe flavoring out of those things - they are very easy to tip! Especially if, like me, you are mostly making small batches, they're a pain in the .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread