My First Wizard Labs DIY Mistake and Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bworms1980

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
orlando
That's awesome. If you hadn't noticed, you're responding to Wizard Labs in your post there. ;)

I'm curious about whether you used any flavoring with that base, and if so, was it a new one? I'm sensitive to PG, but what you described sounds more similar to how alcohol-based flavorings treat me if I use more than 1% or so. I don't think that there are many flavorings with alcohol in their flavoring line, but in any case, you may want to look at the flavoring as well, if it's an unknown variable.

I hope that you get it figured out. It took me awhile to figure out what worked for me, and there are plenty of others here who have specific needs in juice makeup. Be sure to post here if you need any help figuring things out.

I am? Then I definitely have to say thank you to J. MacLeod for the surprise package. Wasn't expecting it, but its very much appreciated.

The flavor I was mixing was menthol. When talking with tomzgreat about mixing he thankfully warned me to start small with the menthol and to only put in 0.5ml per 30ml first. The label doesn't say anything about alcohol so I don't know if it contains any or how much.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I am? Then I definitely have to say thank you to J. MacLeod for the surprise package. Wasn't expecting it, but its very much appreciated.

The flavor I was mixing was menthol. When talking with tomzgreat about mixing he thankfully warned me to start small with the menthol and to only put in 0.5ml per 30ml first. The label doesn't say anything about alcohol so I don't know if it contains any or how much.

If it's the menthol liquid from Wizard Labs flavorings, looks like it's PG-based. I'm also sensitive to menthol. Go figure... ;) It can be a pretty serious irritant to some people, so you may want to try backing off on the percentage of that a bit, as well, and see if you still get adequate flavor.

Bworms1980

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
orlando
If it's the menthol liquid from Wizard Labs flavorings, looks like it's PG-based. I'm also sensitive to menthol. Go figure... ;) It can be a pretty serious irritant to some people, so you may want to try backing off on the percentage of that a bit, as well, and see if you still get adequate flavor.

Yes its from Wizard Labs. The 0.5ml is already pretty light for me. Don't think I'll get much flavor going lower. I love menthol, and the juices feel plain when I don't have any menthol in them. Almost ran out to buy some menthol cigs when I ran out a little while ago. But I hung on until I was able to buy some from WL.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I'm still trying to figure out cartomizers and atomizers. I find them very confusing right now. As soon as I first vaped, that was it for me and I didn't even crave a cigarette. However, I put down the tank to try to figure out carto and atty's but after 15 minutes I badly wanted a cigarette lol. I was just stressed trying to deal with those, so I'm still using tanks for now. I mean I have this one thing with a piece of steel wool or something in it and I can't figure out if I'm supposed to put juice in it or what. I'm figuring out the ones with cotton inside, but everything is confusing me. I have one that is tiny and appears to be a mouth tip, but it has cotton and is prefilled with juice and I don't know what to put it on. :unsure:

I can't be 100% sure without pictures but it sounds like the thing with the steel wool (mesh) may be an atomizer. The prefilled one that looks like a mouth tip is probably a cartridge that you slide fully into the atomizer then screw it on to your battery and vape. That used to be what most 510 threaded kits came with and I'm sure some still do. Not a very good system but a lot of people test juice flavors with the atomizer by dripping about three drops on to the mesh and vaping it. Actually there are probably some people that still vape that way full time and I do for occasional flavors. The one with the filler (cotton) inside that screws onto the battery is a cartomizer. Atomizer and cartridge built into one. Much better system. Just drip juice onto the filler slowly until it looks slushy, usually somewhere between 20-25 drops for a normal size one. Let it set for a while or overnight, top it off, blow through it onto a tissue, wipe the end and screw it onto the battery and vape.

Bworms1980

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
orlando
So I don't put liquid in the part with the mesh/coil thing? I think that I remember putting the small prefilled tip on it, and all I heard was sizzling. When I inhaled, it tasted like a metal/chemical mix that left me feeling sick. I don't think I'm putting them together right. Went back to my tank for the time being until I learn what is what and how to use it.

I can't be 100% sure without pictures but it sounds like the thing with the steel wool (mesh) may be an atomizer. The prefilled one that looks like a mouth tip is probably a cartridge that you slide fully into the atomizer then screw it on to your battery and vape. That used to be what most 510 threaded kits came with and I'm sure some still do. Not a very good system but a lot of people test juice flavors with the atomizer by dripping about three drops on to the mesh and vaping it. Actually there are probably some people that still vape that way full time and I do for occasional flavors. The one with the filler (cotton) inside that screws onto the battery is a cartomizer. Atomizer and cartridge built into one. Much better system. Just drip juice onto the filler slowly until it looks slushy, usually somewhere between 20-25 drops for a normal size one. Let it set for a while or overnight, top it off, blow through it onto a tissue, wipe the end and screw it onto the battery and vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread