The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
ok, so far you mod whompers who vouched for the STM as ok for mouth to lung hits were right, thanks!
I got my Kangertech Subtank Mini today, washed it, put in a 1.2 ohm OCC vertical coil, replaced the drip tip with a narrower throated acrylic and hereby declare it a most suitable tootle puffer device! In fact I'm using the second smallest air hole. Running at 10W,vaping naturally extracted tobacco at 70 pg/30 vg 18 mg for a true coil life torture test. So far flavor is best I've had on a new stock coil. Let's see how it goes long term, right now I'm very pleased! I will try the RBA out on it when this stock coil is done.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Inawera has a cherry cigar concentrate that is great. The longer you let it sit after mixing it up, the better it is. Mixed with a hint of vanilla and its even better.

I tried their "cherries" flavor, and it tastes like cough drops, so I don't really trust their idea of what cherry should taste like, plus the idea of "cigar" is rather off-putting. But I am using one of their flavors, the Vanilla Pipe, in the mix, though their understanding of vanilla reminds me a lot of "PlayDoh" (also got some Vanilla Swirl in the mix). If this mix isn't what I want, I'll try another, using their "Gold Ducat" flavor; the TFA cherry extract seems to be the most lifelike (tasty) cherry flavor.

Got my 100ml shisha strawberry from e-aromashop.com today, and they were also nice enugh to include a "regular" Inawera strawberry ("truskawa") flavor, 10ml; I guess that was to make up for the $4 VAT they really shouldn't have charged me

Andria

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Now we are talking! Here is a perfect pair. :wub: :w00t: :thumbs:

Some of us have to be frugal with the vape when out with this pair... :oops:

GS II & Steam Tuner Tank on a FT Russian 91% base. (Dremel work required.)
Air hole was drilled out, Razor Sharp threads and mine came with o-rings but no fill screw... Many burrs in the 510 post air holes as well. A little Dremel work and it's all good to go!

WFi7MiL.jpg

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
ok, so far you mod whompers who vouched for the STM as ok for mouth to lung hits were right, thanks!
I got my Kangertech Subtank Mini today, washed it, put in a 1.2 ohm OCC vertical coil, replaced the drip tip with a narrower throated acrylic and hereby declare it a most suitable tootle puffer device! In fact I'm using the second smallest air hole. Running at 10W,vaping naturally extracted tobacco at 70 pg/30 vg 18 mg for a true coil life torture test. So far flavor is best I've had on a new stock coil. Let's see how it goes long term, right now I'm very pleased! I will try the RBA out on it when this stock coil is done.

I have been really impressed with the subtank mini's. Thats why I have three of them. You can turn the airflow way down or enjoy it wide open and in my opinion it has the best RBA deck to build coils on.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I tried their "cherries" flavor, and it tastes like cough drops, so I don't really trust their idea of what cherry should taste like, plus the idea of "cigar" is rather off-putting. But I am using one of their flavors, the Vanilla Pipe, in the mix, though their understanding of vanilla reminds me a lot of "PlayDoh" (also got some Vanilla Swirl in the mix). If this mix isn't what I want, I'll try another, using their "Gold Ducat" flavor; the TFA cherry extract seems to be the most lifelike (tasty) cherry flavor.

Got my 100ml from e-aromashop.com today, and they were also nice enugh to include a "regular" Inawera strawberry ("truskawa") flavor, 10ml; I guess that was to make up for the $4 VAT they really shouldn't have charged me

Andria

I have yet to find a cherry flavor I liked. It all taste like either cheap made candy or cough syrup to me but the cherry cigar was very enjoyable. The Gold Ducat is also a very good tobacco vape. It has a honey taste to it and I added .5% Dark Tobacco and the vape became like a Benedictine liquor flavor. Very very good but a little goes a long way too (just like the real liquor). One tank was enough for a while.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have yet to find a cherry flavor I liked. It all taste like either cheap made candy or cough syrup to me but the cherry cigar was very enjoyable. The Gold Ducat is also a very good tobacco vape. It has a honey taste to it and I added .5% Dark Tobacco and the vape became like a Benedictine liquor flavor. Very very good but a little goes a long way too (just like the real liquor). One tank was enough for a while.

I didn't think i would really enjoy a cherry flavor, since it's really not one of my faves -- most cherry flavor tastes like cough syrup to me! But the TFA cherry extract is actually very good; not "maraschino" (like Lorann's).

Andria

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have been really impressed with the subtank mini's. Thats why I have three of them. You can turn the airflow way down or enjoy it wide open and in my opinion it has the best RBA deck to build coils on.
Kangertech has come a long way with the STM, from that yucky EMOW I bought 10 months ago.

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO

There you go.
You use it one way And I another and where all happy. I running mine at 45 watts with the newer vertical coil. So happy you like it

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
:shock:
There you go.
You use it one way And I another and where all happy. I running mine at 45 watts with the newer vertical coil. So happy you like it
Yes :) I was impressed with the whole kit, the rba, extra coil and parts, even a little screwdriver lol. The extra glass too! A design that meets the needs of low power mouth to lung hitters and subohm STL folks is quite an impressive achievement. Not sayin I won't ever try the 0.5 ohm coil.. For fun. ;) Though 45W is quite insane haha. :shock: To a tootle puffer that is :D

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I'm looking forward to my first builds soon and then trying to figure out what went wrong haha. I have different gauge Kanthal A1 and two brands of organic cotton and another rba coming from fasttech in a week or so.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'm looking forward to my first builds soon and then trying to figure out what went wrong haha. I have different gauge Kanthal A1 and two brands of organic cotton and another rba coming from fasttech in a week or so.

I always rebuilt coils, even the CE4's I use. The .5 ohm coil in the STM I really liked but I wanted to try the RBA deck and have not gone back to using coils since. With 40 years of smoking and the same with vaping, I was always a MTL type of person but the STM changed that. The first time I hit it, it was wide open on the airflow, the .5 ohm OCC coil in it and at 20 watts and it was instantly lung hitting. It was just so natural that it was like I been doing it forever and now thats the only way I vape. I cant explain it. I tried many times to lung hit while I smoked but it just wasnt me. Now its the only way I know how it seems.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I always rebuilt coils, even the CE4's I use. The .5 ohm coil in the STM I really liked but I wanted to try the RBA deck and have not gone back to using coils since. With 40 years of smoking and the same with vaping, I was always a MTL type of person but the STM changed that. The first time I hit it, it was wide open on the airflow, the .5 ohm OCC coil in it and at 20 watts and it was instantly lung hitting. It was just so natural that it was like I been doing it forever and now thats the only way I vape. I cant explain it. I tried many times to lung hit while I smoked but it just wasnt me. Now its the only way I know how it seems.
I can see how it would be easy to make the switch, I took a hit off a friends STM at 25W, and with the liquid he was vaping it was easily smooth enough for straight to lung, low nic. My 18 mg and higher NET nic, well no way i can do that at subohm powers haha.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
The STM work very well at low power but really shines around 40w. Flavor is good at 20w and very good at 40w. It never really gets to great.

Drilled out the Tugboat. Hitting like a champ now but it whistles abit. Little Dremel action tomorrow.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I game like I vape. Still rockin' D2 LOD for 14 years now...
Jay :evil:

Nice! I might have to break that out again as soon as Im done running through the re-releases of the Baldur's Gates.. Almost done with the first one and then I can finally finish the second one I never got to. I actually bought D2 twice heh. Got it on release for the PC and then a few months later got my first Mac and bought all my Blizzard stuff again! And go figure the second time I bought Starcraft and the Warcraft battle chests the discs were now hybrid for both systems. Thanks Blizzard yer a little late on that one!

Yeah... I've tried GIMP, but I just don't like it as well as Photoshop -- which took years to learn to use as well I do, I really don't want to have to spend more years trying to get the same results out of GIMP.

Andria

GIMPs not bad for web graphics but it sucks if you use it for actual print work cause it can only do RGB color, no CMYK whatsoever.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
GIMPs not bad for web graphics but it sucks if you use it for actual print work cause it can only do RGB color, no CMYK whatsoever.

My web work has accustomed me to hex colors, and I found that challenging with GIMP. The ONLY thing I've found that GIMP can do that Photoshop can't, is a certain type of shadow, I fergit what it's called, but it's like a perspective-shadow. I don't really have a lot of use for that effect, so it's not a huge deal to me. I also hate how long GIMP takes to startup; I always thought photoshop was slow to start (though it's not at all, with my new PC), but GIMP seems to take TWICE as long to startup.

If I wanted to spend the years learning it that I've spent on photoshop, I could probably make it do pretty well, but I just don't want to spend that much time on it. I downloaded and used it once when I had to rent a PC for a while, but once I bought a new one, I installed photoshop and went back to it, rather than GIMP. My Ps is an older version, creative suite 4, but I know how to use it, so I stick with it.

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Andrea? You're not talking to ME, are you?

But just in case you are... As far as I can tell, the CF4 is currently the best mod for me -- got 2 of them with my name etched on them... A n d r i a, with lovely little roses etched around. :)

Andria
Just thought you would like to know that it does everything on kanthal that you got the evic for to try on Ti.....silly me for thinking of ya :/

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The STM work very well at low power but really shines around 40w. Flavor is good at 20w and very good at 40w. It never really gets to great.

Drilled out the Tugboat. Hitting like a champ now but it whistles abit. Little Dremel action tomorrow.

Its all a matter of preference, build, juice. I think the STM does great at 20 to 25 watts yet with the juice I mix it doesnt like 40 watts. One of mine I have a 24 ga kanth coil in it and it vapes fine at around 30 watts. I have it on a Smok M80 plus set at 400F and 50 watts and its TCing right along fine and dandy with that kanthal coil and showing an average of 30 watts. As for flavor, I think they are great compared to any other RTA that I have used.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Just thought you would like to know that it does everything on kanthal that you got the evic for to try on Ti.....silly me for thinking of ya :/

ROFL... I was responding to your misspelling of my name.

But I've given up on TC for the time being, which is why I got the etched mods. I just didn't like the vape from titanium.

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
ROFL... I was responding to your misspelling of my name.

But I've given up on TC for the time being, which is why I got the etched mods. I just didn't like the vape from titanium.

Andria
Which is why I mentioned a mod that protects from dry hits on kanthal [emoji14]
And ignore my misspellings for a bit....I'm on a new phone, it hasn't learned all the words and names yet, auto spell can be a pain sometimes

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Is this the Photoshop thread??

My wife uses PS on her iMac for her bidness.

I see it sometimes. I don't know a thing about it.

My Tugboat is vaping like a dream but...................................that damm whistling is annoying at a gentle draw. A nice big hit solves that. Then I'm back to massive hits. I think I am 100% tootle free. Hittin the Mut now wondering why I ever cheated on her.

The Mut X has a nice mild .4Ω build at 60w. Most bestest thing is thos sweet 24ga coils. When I rewick I just yank them out with pliers. No gently tugging with 24ga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread