The XHaler Release !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5m0k1n70

Mar 4, 2009
Youtubecommercial:

I see that you have the xhaler as well as the screw driver. The problem is this. I need another mod, and really want to try one of these two products. I already have the nicer mod decision made with the Super Six...if you have any suggestions about that. Otherwise, I am still up in the air about the screwdriver vs. xhaler debate. Adjustable voltage is not an issue for me, and 3.7 will be fine for the use of this model. Does the xhaler have a locked button, or a "dry" battery compartment/ other catch device for excess fluid?

Basically, i would like to get whichever of the two seems to be the more quality part here. I am only interested in the 3.7V 901 Atty setup, which is available to both models. However, if the xhaler seems to be more cheaply built than the SD, then I'll go the SD. The thing is, I already have a model with fully adjustable voltage. Also, do you know ANYWHERE to get a GG-transformer? Not the telescoping, but the normal GG-T, I don't even care if I have to get it used at this point...

Bill

Youtubecommercial:

I see that you have the xhaler as well as the screw driver. The problem is this. I need another mod, and really want to try one of these two products. I already have the nicer mod decision made with the Super Six...if you have any suggestions about that. Otherwise, I am still up in the air about the screwdriver vs. xhaler debate. Adjustable voltage is not an issue for me, and 3.7 will be fine for the use of this model. Does the xhaler have a locked button, or a "dry" battery compartment/ other catch device for excess fluid?

I have the Xhaler and although I don't have the screw driver, today I got the DSE 905 Nomad which is basically a Chinese made screwdriver.

To answer your questions: The Xhaler does not have a locked button, but the brass workings of the physical switch are such that accidental presses are uncommon. Its a small button that you have to press until it physically contacts the inside of the device so it doesn't usually get pressed accidentally. I have sat on mine until I noticed something getting hot underneath me and although that's a good way to kill an atty (or at least imbue it with a nasty burnt taste), if the Xhaler short circuits the battery spring will usually heat and coil up breaking the connectionl.

As far as keeping excess fluid out of the battery compartment, the Xhaler's brass tips create a physical barrier preventing liquid from leaking onto the batteries. This means that the Xhaler is perfect for "dripping", but an adapter is needed for some cartomizers that don't have a built-in air intake hole.

Basically, i would like to get whichever of the two seems to be the more quality part here. I am only interested in the 3.7V 901 Atty setup, which is available to both models. However, if the xhaler seems to be more cheaply built than the SD, then I'll go the SD. The thing is, I already have a model with fully adjustable voltage. Also, do you know ANYWHERE to get a GG-transformer? Not the telescoping, but the normal GG-T, I don't even care if I have to get it used at this point...

Bill

If you're looking for the GG-T, the Xhaler is a strikingly similar design. The GG-T has a brass bottom cap so it doesn't do 5V like the Xhaler, but both the GGT and Xhaler are made from aircraft grade aluminum with brass and Delrin fittings.

As far as overall engineering goes, you're not going to find much better than the Xhaler's design. However, for 3.7V vaping I'm finding that the Nomad nicely fits the bill. I would assume that the Classic Screw Driver will be better made than the much cheaper Nomad, but I really doubt it could be said to be much better than the Xhaler.

As far as "quality part" goes, it is kind of difficult to compare the Xhaler to the Screw Driver. Quality on the Xhaler is more closely compared to the Chuck (except for the Xhaler's brass battery and 5V capability versus Chuck's custom graphics) while the Screw Driver would be better compared to a Mini Chuck or Protege (3.7V only and therefore smaller)

5m0k1n70

Mar 4, 2009
Also, I have no interest in changing the voltage of the unit throughout the day. I mean, if I am going to leave home with it in one fashion, I will keep it in that fashion. I'm not concerned with carrying extra parts, because I won't.

In addition, being a chemist and all, I do prefer to change voltages on some of my devices, at home or in the lab. I'm sure some people would be interested in hearing some of the additional vaping options I have tested and proven to work. Thicker substances that stay longer, ones with other ingredients or solvents. It's really pretty cool how I can experiment with different voltages in order to reach the ideal vaporization temp needed for the particular substance/flavor inside. Good fun...

So I am interested in the manual operation and big battery life, those are my two main concerns. I don't want the SD to constantly fall, but it usually isn't anythin being set directly down, it's going to be treated like an instrument, just like the other 901s I have used. This being said, my only concern is the the button works. I have noticed the SD has a very light button touch to actuate it, I like that. However, I have heard the XAHLE button is sometimes actually hard to push down. By hard I mean in force, or in the fact that several have told me that the button sometimes just does not fire, perhaps due to not pushing hard enough, not being fully aligned or just not paying attention.

I have the Super Six to be my super-cool daytime, totally e-liquid smoker only. It goes in my pocket and all over, so I don't need one I can carry about, hence why I don't mind the SD button location. The decision between SD or XH is solely on quality. In fact, in order to maintain my voltage availability, I have been looking at the AdapteveR, which has some serious functionality to it. Any final thoughts? Order is going in now...

Bill

Also, I have no interest in changing the voltage of the unit throughout the day. I mean, if I am going to leave home with it in one fashion, I will keep it in that fashion. I'm not concerned with carrying extra parts, because I won't.

I agree. I don't like carrying extra parts (its hard enough to keep track of the liquids I might need at work) but I'll do what it takes to keep vaping legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread