The XHaler Release !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
So, here are some more details from Drew himself. I just talked to him for quite a while on the phone:

- The 'basic' unit will run at all voltages, and comes with 801 and 901 adapters.

- The resistor is really a plastic endcap on the battery. When screwed in, it cuts down the voltage to around 5 volts by limiting the circuit through the body. So, there really isn't a resistor.

- 3.7 volt operation runs off of (what we are guessing is) a single 3.7 volt 16340 battery with a spacer. Drew couldn't confirm the battery type, but we were hypothesizing a 16340.

- 5 volt / 6 volt operation runs on 2, 3 volt rcr123a batteries.

- 7 volts runs off of 2, 3.7 volt 16340 batteries.

Anyway, I'm really excited to give this thing a spin.

Drew - thanks again for the excellent service. I hope you sell the crap out of these. ;-)

...Dan

Last edited:

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
So, here are some more details from Drew himself. I just talked to him for quite a while on the phone:

- The 'basic' unit will run at all voltages, and comes with 801 and 901 adapters.

- The resistor is really a plastic endcap on the battery. When screwed in, it cuts down the voltage to around 5 volts by limiting the circuit through the body. So, there really isn't a resistor.

- 3.7 volt operation runs off of (what we are guessing is) a 16340 battery with a spacer. Drew couldn't confirm the battery type, but we were hypothesizing a 16340.

- 5 volt / 6 volt operation runs on 2, 3 volt rcr123a batteries.

- 7 volts runs off of 2, 3.7 volt rcr's.

Anyway, I'm really excited to give this thing a spin.

Drew - thanks again for the excellent service. I hope you sell the crap out of these. ;-)

...Dan

I am once again confused by the batteries..:oops: What am I missing?? will we need 3 different types of batteries if we want all the voltages?? the website says:
2- 3.7 Volt Protected Batteries 1- 3.7 Volt Charger
2- 3.0 Volt protected Batteries 1- 3.0 Volt Charger
so...are the 16340 batt and the RCR123a batt the same thing?
Oh sheezit, I'm going to have to search the battery threads....again...ughhh. I don't know why I can't keep all these batteries straight in my head!! I'm probably making it harder than it really is. :cry:

Cobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
St Louis, MO
I am once again confused by the batteries..:oops: What am I missing?? will we need 3 different types of batteries if we want all the voltages?? the website says:
2- 3.7 Volt Protected Batteries 1- 3.7 Volt Charger
2- 3.0 Volt protected Batteries 1- 3.0 Volt Charger
so...are the 16340 batt and the RCR123a batt the same thing?
Oh sheezit, I'm going to have to search the battery threads....again...ughhh. I don't know why I can't keep all these batteries straight in my head!! I'm probably making it harder than it really is. :cry:

Your answer is sctually in the text you quoted. It only uses 2 diff types of batteries

3.7v = 1 16340
5.0v = 2 3.0V RC123a with the plastic "resistor"
6.0v = 2 3.0v RC123a
7.0v = 2 16340

Hope that helps!

Serenna

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2009
I was really confused too, so I ordered the kit with the 3 adapters. I would have ordered the kit with the 4 adapters but it didn't mention batteries or chargers and I didn't want to miss the Xhaler! I also didn't want to get it and have to try to figure out what else I might need...I am so excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!

Good job Drew!

Cobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
St Louis, MO
I was really confused too, so I ordered the kit with the 3 adapters. I would have ordered the kit with the 4 adapters but it didn't mention batteries or chargers and I didn't want to miss the Xhaler! I also didn't want to get it and have to try to figure out what else I might need...I am so excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!

Good job Drew!

The 4 adaptor kit comes with the same batteries as the $145 kit. WHat it has extra is the KR808 adapter and a Pelican case.

Hope that helps!

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
DREW!!!! Please, Im BEGGING YOU!!!! hold onto a Black/Vapor basic model for me , and a threesome of Mint Black Tea, Virginian Creme De Menthe, and HV 555 until tuesday for me????????? Thats payday! :) And, if possible a 510 connector piece as well if possible... I can snag it tues eve as soon as I get back in town! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread