The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm talking about using of these to be able to charge my mod wirelessly ,I have one for my s4 that I never use
QIBOX® Qi Wireless Charger Wireless Charging Receiver for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 (Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Boo....don't those chargers require a specific back cover & battery for the phone to lay on its back and received the charge? I guess you're going to splice into a component that comes with the charger and it would reside in the mod?

The USB has 4 leads as Beaker mentioned. RED/Black for power & Blue/White for data. Board can charge at 1A

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm talkoing about a charging board, YOUR talking about a "mod"? We are on two different pages, even CHAPTERS. I THINK I will drop out at this time. Go to page recommended in PM, and get board wtih chip #TP4056 chip. THAT is the one, that will do what you need. Or build it yourself. But, I am "OUT of contention" as of now. pretend I did NOT respond to PM's.

YH

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just cut the two wires going to switch, and hook wires to another SPST momentary on switch, steady state off. Make it a quality HIGH click rated switch for your OWN good. NO ratings needed, as it's simply changing bias on a junction, NOT switching a huge amount of power.

YH

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
those contacts are probably going to suck at 35 watts, you can use the case but the spring will probably cause excessive voltage drop, might want to look into a better spring at least or make your own. also the wiring from the holder is probably going to be inadequate, should upgrade that to 20 gauge for this.

thelukee

Nov 14, 2013
United States
Do you guys know where I can get those 20 gauge wires? I can't find them anywhere. Can I just solder the wires from the chip directly to the contacts of the battery? Then I could just charge from the usb... Seems the easiest, but idk. Any input?
Could one of you guys share your wirings so I know what its supposed to look like?

Thanks guys for helping. It rlly helps.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
if the wires from the board are long enough then sure, if not 20 ga can be bought at most auto parts stores or even radio shack, shouldn't be too hard to find... the chip does come with a few extra pieces of wire too but there also fairly short. as far as the spring you can use a replacement becu spring from a different mod as an easy alternative

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
I found the positive lead a little short so a soldered the black ground directly to the battery. Then soldered the short red wire directly to the positive then slipped a small piece of heat shrink tubing on one of the leads and soldiered them together and covered the joint with the heat shrink tubing. It works fine at 35 watts. I am loving this mod in bypass mode with my kanger t3.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Update:

Mid June we should expect a new software upgrade. It will correct a few things but the main item is it will enable the use of multiple switches.

Our warning to everybody is this will require fine soldering on the board and if you do not have the tools or skills then you need to enlist capable help. Damage to the board will be at your own risk.

At the same time our advice to you is to also plan your mods for the possibility of extra buttons if this is something you will want in your designs.

This is something folks asked for and they listened. Pretty refreshing!

I also have in my hands a number of different format drawings such as IGS, DFX, and DWG all dimensioned as well as this purdy un-dimensioned jpeg
sX350-pcba.jpg

I have asked for a tweak of the dimensioned drawings and then I will make them available ... hope folks take advantage of these....they drew them specifically on request! :)

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
DrBreaker, I'm curious why you chose to solder directly to the battery. What did you use to keep the battery in place, or does it move freely in the mod?
Also, what happens when the battery finally runs out of horsepower and you need to replace it?

If you solder directly to the battery you want to isolate the ends of the battery if you're using a metal case. A large shrink wrap, electrical tape, etc, Then secure it in place with either hot glue or 3M Red Outdoor Double sided tape....so it can;t move.

The chip has a micro USB board that is used for charging the battery as well as flashing upgrades.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
If you look at my write up in the mod forum called sx-350 complete you will see just how tight a fit it is in the small radio shack box. I even had to trim the 510 connector for the battery to fit. I now have an aluminum box to put it in but I cant seam to put it down long enough to move it to the new box. I may just have to get another one to do the build.

DrBreaker, I'm curious why you chose to solder directly to the battery. What did you use to keep the battery in place, or does it move freely in the mod?
Also, what happens when the battery finally runs out of horsepower and you need to replace it?

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
This question mite be premature but will the extra switches be mandatory ? or will we be able to take the update and still use the tilt method?

Update:

Mid June we should expect a new software upgrade. It will correct a few things but the main item is it will enable the use of multiple switches.

Our warning to everybody is this will require fine soldering on the board and if you do not have the tools or skills then you need to enlist capable help. Damage to the board will be at your own risk.

At the same time our advice to you is to also plan your mods for the possibility of extra buttons if this is something you will want in your designs.

This is something folks asked for and they listened. Pretty refreshing!

I also have in my hands a number of different format drawings such as IGS, DFX, and DWG all dimensioned as well as this purdy un-dimensioned jpeg
View attachment 338223

I have asked for a tweak of the dimensioned drawings and then I will make them available ... hope folks take advantage of these....they drew them specifically on request! :)

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
Really its no big deal I just desolder and replace the battery with a new vtc5 sony 30amp battery.
Not a problem.

I know you can charge it through the usb. But I'm saying that when the battery endures multiple charges, they seem to have problems like not charging all the way.

thelukee

Nov 14, 2013
United States
Really its no big deal I just desolder and replace the battery with a new vtc5 sony 30amp battery.
Not a problem.

Okay cool. How long would you say you can keep the same battery? Also, how do you attach your battery to the mod. And it would help if you let me know what you used to do the connector, switch, and chip.

I ordered a very small box for my mod and can barley fit one battery by itself and the chip. It's my first time too... Things gonna get rough lol. So any tips would be appreciated haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread