The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Well, I meant onedesign should ask yihi since he's their USA Rep. I would be interested and I'm sure so would a lot of other people would.

I understand that you meant Onedesign asking. I wouldn't even think about offering to sell SX350 chips on this thread anyways. ;)

Having just the SX350 like this would allow us modders to get allot more creative with our designs. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that day to come sooner rather then later.

Last edited:

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I can get them but honestly guys too many people will ruin the board and then come back and start hasseling us. We had a lot of discussions with YiHi very early on. It only had a fire button on it for testing. Then samples went out and even those people ruined boards soldering on the USB. So we talked some more and they do the USB. Then the up/down came and and again discussions and decided they would do them.

The thing is there's no excuses when it comes ready to go. When a bunch of points need to be soldered we open ourselves up collectively and it really sucks arguing with a customer. Plus if I'm a modder making multiple boxes I want to solder minimal points...it makes no sense to stock them as a bare board.

I will offer this...if somebody wants a single board raw with nothing...I will try to special order it when my replenishment goes in. We would handle it offline with pre payment and I would ask them to attach nothing. Mrengles contact me right now if you want to try this...they are readying a shipment to me as we speak (plus 12 hours of course :)). But I can't stock them this way guys. I cant even promise they're not pre-staged already assembled...all I can do is ask later tonight.

Mrengles contact me via sales@varitube.com if I should inquire for you.

Peace!

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
I understand that you meant Onedesign asking. I wouldn't even think about offering to sell SX350 chips on this thread anyways. ;)

Having just the SX350 like this would allow us modders to get allot more creative with our designs. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that day to come sooner rather then later.

Send onedesign an email and he will see about special ordering one for you.

Sent from the Truck O Shop

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
I can get them but honestly guys too many people will ruin the board and then come back and start hasseling us. We had a lot of discussions with YiHi very early on. It only had a fire button on it for testing. Then samples went out and even those people ruined boards soldering on the USB. So we talked some more and they do the USB. Then the up/down came and and again discussions and decided they would do them.

The thing is there's no excuses when it comes ready to go. When a bunch of points need to be soldered we open ourselves up collectively and it really sucks arguing with a customer. Plus if I'm a modder making multiple boxes I want to solder minimal points...it makes no sense to stock them as a bare board.

I will offer this...if somebody wants a single board raw with nothing...I will try to special order it when my replenishment goes in. We would handle it offline with pre payment and I would ask them to attach nothing. Mrengles contact me right now if you want to try this...they are readying a shipment to me as we speak (plus 12 hours of course :)). But I can't stock them this way guys. I cant even promise they're not pre-staged already assembled...all I can do is ask later tonight.

Mrengles contact me via sales@varitube.com if I should inquire for you.

Peace!

Thanks! Email sent....

Hello fellow vapors !
I finally received my SX 350 from varitube. Shipped out quick but usps customs and can post must have known I was wanting it NOW!!
Thus I had lots of time to decide how I will build this little beauty. Originally I figured that I would convert my VTR as the 510 connector on it is shorting and needs to be changed anyway. I decided against it cuz the airflow hole on my taifun always gets covered by my hand when using it on VTR. Thought of converting my cana mod and filling org window with brass. However after powering this chip up to check it out I found the gravity control works very well and not sure I want the xtra buttons. After seeing TruckerMSA's handywork I'm back to square one. Don't know what is gonna win out. But its definately gonna be alot more fun figuring it out with chip in hand.

OK, so the only thing I'm waiting on are the faceplates for my 1590g boxes and they should be in Monday. Got the 90c lipos, 1 of them has the hard case off. I'm guessing I need to desolder those thick wires off the lipo contacts and remove the foam underneath and rewrap them to make them an even more compact unit, then resolder the barrels to the lipo contacts. All I have is a 30W iron and I tried to desolder them, but it was like I wasn't even putting a dent into the solder joint. What wattage iron should I use to desolder those thick wires? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I've never done anything with lipos before and it's a little daunting.

Nathan

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Here's my latest creation I built for a friend. Need to put the final touch of sealer high gloss and the hardware of course but it's almost done. The wood is African Mahogany
u8ane7yq.jpg

gyru5utu.jpg

y9yne2ym.jpg

uhe4uhub.jpg

byva5u7a.jpg

ajybesur.jpg

Kevinn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Washington, USA
OK, so the only thing I'm waiting on are the faceplates for my 1590g boxes and they should be in Monday. Got the 90c lipos, 1 of them has the hard case off. I'm guessing I need to desolder those thick wires off the lipo contacts and remove the foam underneath and rewrap them to make them an even more compact unit, then resolder the barrels to the lipo contacts. All I have is a 30W iron and I tried to desolder them, but it was like I wasn't even putting a dent into the solder joint. What wattage iron should I use to desolder those thick wires? Sorry if this is a noob question, but I've never done anything with lipos before and it's a little daunting.

Nathan

You may need a better soldering iron. Mine goes up to 900 degrees F. Check Amazon.com

Also make sure your tip is attached tight and is clean

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014

Nathan

Yes, you need a variable temperature soldering station. The ideal temp is around 700 degrees for soldering to get the solder to flow smoothly.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello fellow vapors !
I finally received my SX 350 from varitube. Shipped out quick but usps customs and can post must have known I was wanting it NOW!!
Thus I had lots of time to decide how I will build this little beauty. Originally I figured that I would convert my VTR as the 510 connector on it is shorting and needs to be changed anyway. I decided against it cuz the airflow hole on my taifun always gets covered by my hand when using it on VTR. Thought of converting my cana mod and filling org window with brass. However after powering this chip up to check it out I found the gravity control works very well and not sure I want the xtra buttons. After seeing TruckerMSA's handywork I'm back to square one. Don't know what is gonna win out. But its definately gonna be alot more fun figuring it out with chip in hand.

keep us posted Nodor and show pics along the way!

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
I got a $15 souldering station that i just crank all the way up when soldering to batteries. Use a wet sponge to keep the tip clean and always load the tip with solder. Wet with solder just before you go to heat the joint. Raw heat with no solder loaded on the tip does not work well. You need the melted liquid solder to transfer the heat. Wet and clean is the key. Use a .032 60/40 rosin core solder. The flux burns off quickly thats why you need to clean the tip and wet with fresh solder seconds before you use it.

Nathan

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
Ok so I haven't posted in a while been really busy and FINALLY had time to make my box " Yes I made something for myself finally" I used black walnut and padauk and a few strips of maple the box measures 4"tall by 2" wide and the sides including the botton and the door are 1" 3/16, Box is done and tonight when I get back from work I will start mounting the guts and will post a few more pictures.

20140713_133244.jpg 20140713_133103.jpg 20140713_133032.jpg 20140713_133014.jpg

Yeah, I went to go move the + a bit (didn't touch the - at all) and got a little sizzle and a slight amount of glow. (Less than a split second) But just enough to REALLY FREAK ME THE HELL OUT! I got the wires off of it, and the barrels off the wires. Soldered the barrels back on and tried to move them a bit to get it a little more compact, wrapped in electrical tape and I used some liquid electrical tape as well just to be a little more safe. But it does not look like I got it compacted enough to fit right. So, I know my limitations and I WILL NOT be continuing this little project anymore. I don't need this blowing up in my face or someone else's. If I do decide to go back to the Lipo, I'm keeping it in the hard case and going for a bigger box that will hold it.

I'm going to still use the 2 1590g boxes I got, but will run dual 18650s in parallel. That way I can still use the Bap faceplates that are coming in :) Now...what to do with the battery I took apart? I have 1 more untouched and 2 more on their way from HK.

DFireOnly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Texas

Nathan

My 90c lipo will be here Monday. Going to order the faceplate tonight. I didn't think it would of been here till the end of this week. HK is still fast even out of the country. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok so I haven't posted in a while been really busy and FINALLY had time to make my box " Yes I made something for myself finally" I used black walnut and padauk and a few strips of maple the box measures 4"tall by 2" wide and the sides including the botton and the door are 1" 3/16, Box is done and tonight when I get back from work I will start mounting the guts and will post a few more pictures.

View attachment 355507 View attachment 355508 View attachment 355509 View attachment 355510

Here is one more that I made for a really good friend of mine. This one is even smaller 3.5" high by 1 7/8" wide and 1" thick. Walnut and African Mahogany used.

View attachment 355514 View attachment 355515 View attachment 355516 View attachment 355517

Vewdew! Nice stuff man. Where ya been? I like the small stuff for sure. Nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread