There's got to be a better way to store......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I use this Harbor Freight container for flavor bottles. The smaller one from HF is nice, but isn't tall enough for 30ml flavor bottles to stand up. For the rest of my stuff I use tote baskets I picked up at Dollar Tree.

image_15143.jpg

part-storage.html

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

Yep! That's the smaller one that I have 2 of, and I have 30mL glass bottles, and plastic ones, standing up in it. Just need to space them in it correctly...so the section ribs on the underside of the lid line up properly to close it. It's really no problem though. Will take a pic of 1 of mine that's loaded with them, and will post it later.

The larger 1 I have is slightly different than the one DaveP posted, because it has removable section dividers, instead of containers/bins in it. But they would work, too. After doublechecking my receipts for my cases...the smaller ones like in your pic above definitely came from Harbor Freight. The larger 1 came from Tractor Supply though. Sorry I was wrong in my last post about where I'd gotten it.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
....all these little vials? Some sort of rack or something?
I live in a very small place. (240 sq ft) Currently keeping these in the refer. Cupboard space is minimal at best.

View attachment 699759
I like the Finger Nail Polish Organizer...Lives in a closet so not much of a dust problem...I made a cardboard skid that it sits on so it's easy to carry...Plus you've got the space underneath the rack for any extra tid-bits...Trig
3.JPG ...Walmart / Amazon / Beauty Supply

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Here's 1 of the long, smaller cases. The only place that the 30mL glass and plastic bottles won't fit standing up...is the area right under the handle, since it's recessed into the lid. I keep some of my smaller 10-15mL bottles of newly acquired and infrequently used flavorings in that section.

FlavoringsCase1.jpg

The reason there are gaps in the numbers on the bottles is because these are some of the 30mL sizes used to refill the other numbered smaller vials/bottles kept in my larger, main mixing case. There are also flavorings with some other numbers in the 4oz. size bottles, in a PM box.

ETA: I just counted the bottles in the case, and there's (29) 30mL, and in the section under the handle...(15) 15mL, and (3) 10mL in there. There's 3 other 10mL ones poked in between some of the 30mL bottles in the last 2 sections on the right.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Smaller Harbor freight (compartments not as deep) case have their benefits. In the bigger cases you can stand a 30ml bottle upright. In the smaller cases you have to lay them down. You get more bottles in a small area if you stand them up, but you have to lift them to read the labels. If you lay them down the labels are easier to rotate and read at a glance.

The world's full of tradeoffs!

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Just A Thought...But the totes @JCinFLA and @DaveP use might be more practical with very limited space...They snap shut so no dust, stackable and probably more than enough left over compartment space for other little bits of gear...The one advantage of the rack is being able to easily see the names of the flavors/liquid you're looking for lined up...But 30ml is going to be the max size...If you have larger sizes as JC mentioned they just plain won't fit...I'm a pretty light hitter so I never buy or make anything larger than 30ml...Something to consider...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You get more bottles in a small area if you stand them up, but you have to lift them to read the labels.

That's 1 of the reasons I use a numbering system for my flavorings. I don't need to read the labels except for 1 time...when I first get it and number the cap. :thumbs:

But I know that whatever works for each person is great. We all have different amounts of space, ways of organizing things to suit us, etc. I just posted the pic of my smaller case to let @NicotineRush know that 30mL bottles definitely do fit in it standing up, since that case is the exact one he posted the pic of and asked me about earlier.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Made this out of some scrap poplar. Small holes at the front for sample bottles. Flat area behind for larger bottles. It sometimes takes a while to find bottles at the back but I don't mix that often.

I was originally going to make a lid for it, but it's on a shelf out of direct sunlight.

One of these days I'll make a wall cabinet with doors to keep flavorings in. I've designed it. Narrow shelves in the back, and double doors with shelves on the back of the doors, so all the bottles are in single rows. Too much else to do though. Maybe when I retire.

Flavors 3.jpg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I keep mine in a plastic file box-- in case of leaks, y'know-- but I use fewer flavors and bigger bottles. What are you after, neatness or organization? It seems to me you could keep a row of 4 or 5 bottles in a zip-top sandwich bag and still read the labels. Then your sandwich bag collection could be kept in an expanding file folder... just a thought.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
You can do what I did, I first started off with a travel bag that fold up (approx $10.00). But then had to move to a rolling cart which has three drawers (Got at Walmart $9.00) as I have way too many flavors. The rolling cart isn't very big either. The travel bag isn't very big either. Hope this gives you some ideas
I have the one with three big drawers and two smaller ones at the top plus another on stacked on top. No wheels. They work great for the money

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Made this out of some scrap poplar. Small holes at the front for sample bottles. Flat area behind for larger bottles.
upload_2017-11-20_18-39-26.png

That is SWEET!
Think I want to try something like this!
I did something similar for my vape stuff.
Surprising how long it actually takes to lay out the design and then make it.
upload_2017-11-20_18-36-38.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread