These industries will soon be tied together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Both industries use the same vape gear. The only difference is the liquid.
Both industries share some/a few of the same general types of products, but overall, they are VERY different animals.
This tainted cannibus issue...
It is not a tainted cannabis issue.
The current fervor is over black market, illegal vape cartridges filled with some unknown, alleged "Cannabis" extract.
Never was any "cannabis" tainted. The overuse of thickeners in the counterfeit carts of alleged "extract" appear to be the prime suspects at this point.

Cheers
I

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    We should prepare for the fact that post PMTA, there will be authorized nicotine vape products and everything else will be sold not for use with nicotine, in the same way that cannabis vaporizers have been sold as only for use with tobacco.

It's going to be closer and muddier than ever, a generic category of vaping products, which you're not allowed to advertise what goes in them.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I think you both could be right. I'm just happy we don't have certain words banned and don't have to come up with creative ways to discuss "the other stuff".

I think it is extremely important to be able to discuss this topic openly at the moment. This tainted cannibus issue is arguably the greatest threat to nicotine replacement vaping that we have ever faced. Even more of a threat than underaged vaping and a flavor ban.

I agree with it, in that context of scary dangerous stuff to avoid kind of way. Otherwise, I just do not want to be in any way associated with the drug culture. I don’t want them mingling in our threads. I’m an ex smoker. I’m not hanging around alcoholics forums. I’m not hanging around dope head forums. I find this pretty disgusting.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I agree with it, in that context of scary dangerous stuff to avoid kind of way. Otherwise, I just do not want to be in any way associated with the drug culture. I don’t want them mingling in our threads. I’m an ex smoker. I’m not hanging around alcoholics forums. I’m not hanging around dope head forums. I find this pretty disgusting.

A lot of folks feel the same about vaping these days.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2013
    Springfield, MO
    Otherwise, I just do not want to be in any way associated with the drug culture.

To the ANTZ, and now a large portion of the brain washed public we are a drug culture. In fact I would go so far as to say that Nicotine is perceived as worse than THC and we are either to be pitied or looked down upon for our use of Nicotine. Buckle up, we may well be the criminals and "dope heads" the law abiding citizens before long.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Both industries share some/a few of the same general types of products, but overall, they are VERY different animals.
    It is not a tainted cannabis issue.
    The current fervor is over black market, illegal vape cartridges filled with some unknown, alleged "Cannabis" extract.
    Never was any "cannabis" tainted. The overuse of thickeners in the counterfeit carts of alleged "extract" appear to be the prime suspects at this point.

Cheers
    I
    Wouldn’t that qualify as tainted then?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    A lot of folks feel the same about vaping these days.
    Marketing is the science of making people feel what you want them to on cue. It’s psychology with the morals removed. Psychology stopped being a soft science 20 years ago. These days it’s pretty darn hard and pretty darn potent.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Wouldn’t that qualify as tainted then?
    Had you said "a tainted cannabis product" I would agree, but just as "vaping" took a hit (deaths etal)when it was merely the deliver method, pulling all cannabis under the tainted umbrella is inaccurate and misleading.

I hear an implication that the cannabis was tainted prior to it's reduction to an extract and further packaged illegally at which point it tainted the black market cartridges. That is simply not the case here.

Cheers
    I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Had you said "a tainted cannabis product" I would agree, but just as "vaping" took a hit (deaths etal)when it was merely the deliver method, pulling all cannabis under the tainted umbrella is inaccurate and misleading.

I hear an implication that the cannabis was tainted prior to it's reduction to an extract and further packaged illegally at which point it tainted the black market cartridges. That is simply not the case here.

Cheers
    I
    I remember that being one of the implications made. There was an example given of some kids reporting severe issues from vaping what turned out to be synthetic marijuana extract. There is also the issue of the whole “dank vapes” thing which turns out to not be an actual brand name at all but is empty packaging made in China and by definition can ONLY be packaged illegally.

We do appear to be referring to different things though. This whole issue is confused and snarled and differentiations of exactly what has been imbibed by whom and what that has done to them is stuff the CDC so far is not releasing. I really don’t like the whole making pronouncements based on secret data that do not seem to follow common sense thing they are doing.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Just noticed the new forum section. I didn’t realize I was posting in it. Do we really need this?

One of the reasons I liked this forum was it wasn’t about this subject. I am wholly uninterested in vaping cannibis. It’s only even pertinent because the CDC seems to be doggedly conflating the two.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    First off, are we on the Outside of the Outside? Has the potty mouth list been updated for the site or just this part?

This is actually a good idea. It's foolish to have an e cig forum where we have to talk in circles to avoid using words about products that are relevant to the overall vaping hardware market. it's also a proper place to discuss recent events of THC cartridges filled with stuff never meant to be inhaled.

Of interest, a recent article notes that a few of these deaths have been among folks in their 40s-60s. It's still being attributed to THC cartridge exposures, but we can't really hide behind the "it's only teens and young adults" affected by this. In fact, the older and probably more compromised your lungs already are will increase mortality in the older age groups.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    First off, are we on the Outside of the Outside? Has the potty mouth list been updated for the site or just this part?

This is actually a good idea.
    time will tell on that one. I personally am dubious.
    It's foolish to have an e cig forum where we have to talk in circles to avoid using words about products that are relevant to the overall vaping hardware market.
    they’re not though. Generally the hardware is completely different
    it's also a proper place to discuss recent events of THC cartridges filled with stuff never meant to be inhaled.
    this I agree needs to be done
    Of interest, a recent article notes that a few of these deaths have been among folks in their 40s-60s. It's still being attributed to THC cartridge exposures, but we can't really hide behind the "it's only teens and young adults" affected by this. In fact, the older and probably more compromised your lungs already are will increase mortality in the older age groups.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I think you both could be right. I'm just happy we don't have certain words banned and don't have to come up with creative ways to discuss "the other stuff".

. This both true and not true. Generally hardware is listed as being used for one or the other. How actually functionally true it is I don’t know. I personally would very much like to see a hard differentiation.
    I think it is extremely important to be able to discuss this topic openly at the moment. This tainted cannibus issue is arguably the greatest threat to nicotine replacement vaping that we have ever faced. Even more of a threat than underaged vaping and a flavor ban.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON

Cheers
    I

Tainted cannabis could have been a possibility. We have a wide range of incidents all happening within a short duration across many regions. Given the extreme lack of details, this shadows a tainted food outbreak. And yes, certain pesticides/fungicides can taint a crop. Should that crop not be regulated and subjected to testing, it will hit underground markets. In the earlier days of this outbreak I even suspected a tainted crop which could very well reach many distribution channels, thus the vast outbreak. Logical thinking but incorrect.

It is now coming to light that the problem is not a tainted crop, but the legit sale of vitamin e thickeners that are used to increase viscosity of a cut product. I understand that product is judged on its viscosity – the thicker, the less it has been cut. These thickeners have been in use for some time but at a much smaller scale, and obviously much less harmful. But I understand there has been a crop shortage as of late, and underground markets are trying to capitalize on the little inventory they have by using more of this vitamin e thickener, and at more dangerous levels.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    here is also the issue of the whole “dank vapes” thing which turns out to not be an actual brand name at all but is empty packaging made in China and by definition can ONLY be packaged illegally.

Dank Vapes is nothing more than a package – fancy box that can be purchased with an empty cart. But it is not segregated to black markets only. Legit processors that are subjected to testing can use Dank packaging. Popular name so why not capitalize on it. We have medical dispensaries here in Canada, that are subjected to regulations and testing that use Dank branding.

• Informative
    Reactions: Ryedan

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    In about eight months most of what we consider vape stuff is going to be regulated into nonexistence...that's the real world.

People actually have hatred towards nicotine vapers, I believe as a byproduct of the ABC Govmt. agencies disinformation campaign...Ironically, the anger/down looking on users of cannabis users is a byproduct of disinformation from the very same Govmt. agencies for nigh on a century now...see how that works;) Same game, different players...the fact that your Govmt. can abuse you for ingesting any organic molecule is ludicrous, and judging others for their lifestyle and personal wants and needs is pathetic at best, yet the Govmt. programming is strong with many...and they feel justified in their righteous indignation at those things they have zero true knowledge regarding, or personal experience with.

Divide and conquer has been their go to tool for multi generations now, because it is SO effective at manipulating the uninformed.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I remember that being one of the implications made. There was an example given of some kids reporting severe issues from vaping what turned out to be synthetic marijuana extract.
    Allow me to wax pedantic for a moment and point out that this is a contradiction in terms. It would at best be a synthetic simulation of a plant extract. From what I've read, those synthetics are bad news. They're not necessarily physically bad for you, but they tend to cause quite unpredictable reactions in people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread