These industries will soon be tied together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah. Im so stupid I went to college for this specific subject and became part of an industry that dealt with just exactly this topic. Other stuff too, but trademark and logos was where all the money was. The entire body of law regarding it was invented just for kicks. Companies spend billions of dollars a year on this stuff because they have nothing better to do.

Once upon a time Warner brothers accidentally allowed some 1930’s era Buggs bunny stuff to lapse in the 90’s. For like fifteen minutes. An art school student bought them in those fifteen minutes. He’d studied the situation and had been waiting for months hoping it would happen. He didn’t get all of it or even a majority of it. There wasn’t time. Only a few bits. Warner brothers had to buy them back from him. He’s probably still a millionaire.

And by “group” you mean anyone capable of ordering off alibaba.

You know what a “guild” is? Not the MMO term, the original one. They were around in the 14th century. They did that stuff too. They learned quick and instituted special rules. The rules involved capital punishment occasionally.

People are dead because of this stupidity. Though back in the 90’s there was probably some Warner executive that merely lost his job.
Huh?? Sorry if I confused you here. But I don't know what you're talking about with WB, Bugs Bunny, Groups, Alibaba, Guilds, etc. None of that comes close to addressing what I said. I think you meant to quote another post? (yet I can't find one it would be a proper response to). I just meant that what's going on with the Dank name isn't really a fit with anyone's trademarked names, licensing, etc. I am a franchisor, who originally started with licensing, so I do understand that stuff. But my point was, none of it really applies here. You'll have to dig deeper on the Dank stuff.

That was a really off the wall response.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
it wasnt just the colour
it was the ability to fix it that caused the biggies
with black you could always add carbon 100 and then start adjusting it again
once white got out of spec it needed so much really pure tio to bring it back it was usually easier to junk it and use it for a different colour entirely then start completely over

all that aside it was just an attempt at humorously agreeing with you
As I attempted to humorously agree with you.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Huh?? Sorry if I confused you here. But I don't know what you're talking about with WB, Bugs Bunny, Groups, Alibaba, Guilds, etc. None of that comes close to addressing what I said. I think you meant to quote another post? (yet I can't find one it would be a proper response to). I just meant that what's going on with the Dank name isn't really a fit with anyone's trademarked names, licensing, etc. I am a franchisor, who originally started with licensing, so I do understand that stuff. But my point was, none of it really applies here. You'll have to dig deeper on the Dank stuff.

That was a really off the wall response.
It sounded to me like you were supporting an earlier post. I reacted as if you were. Common usage words are a rough one. It’s why there are so many misspellings in trade names. rite instead of right is a favorite. Probably going to see that popping up with the common usage terms. As for dank you’re wrong about that one.
Definition of DANK. It’s apparently from the 13th century Swedish.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Dank Vapes is nothing more than a package – fancy box that can be purchased with an empty cart. But it is not segregated to black markets only. Legit processors that are subjected to testing can use Dank packaging. Popular name so why not capitalize on it. We have medical dispensaries here in Canada, that are subjected to regulations and testing that use Dank branding.
No way i would use a product with Dank packaging,, human greed & shortcuts make it too risky now. While I'm sure med grade is mostly clean in your area,,, but only until/when some clown like the kid in the story comes along.

Fwiw, Dank is a stupid name,, I bet they were aiming for "Dang" & it got lost in translation

Dank =Scank/Skank

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
You're an odd one, alright. I have no idea where you came up with those notions about an earlier post. Nothing you posted even tangentially addressed my points. And I'm not wrong about Dank. I told you Wikipedia wouldn't have the answer here, yet you give me this? The idea that you think we're even discussing the definition of the word dank is frankly, disturbing. Just expand your reading material beyond the first page of a google search, seriously. You're really not grasping this at all. Please re-read the thread, research the Dank situation, and re-evaluate your ability to admit not being correct. Minutiae may give you bonus points in academia, but does not really count in real life.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Seems like an appropriate name. A person's lungs will be quite dank if they develop lipid pneumonia from vaping that stuff.

But it's not like there haven't been crazy names on our side of vaping as well. Remember "Suicide Bunny" and the levels of diketones in her liquids?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
It sounded to me like you were supporting an earlier post. I reacted as if you were. Common usage words are a rough one. It’s why there are so many misspellings in trade names. rite instead of right is a favorite. Probably going to see that popping up with the common usage terms. As for dank you’re wrong about that one.
Definition of DANK. It’s apparently from the 13th century Swedish.
You're an odd one, alright. I have no idea where you came up with those notions about an earlier post. Nothing you posted even tangentially addressed my points. And I'm not wrong about Dank. I told you Wikipedia wouldn't have the answer here, yet you give me this? The idea that you think we're even discussing the definition of the word dank is frankly, disturbing. Just expand your reading material beyond the first page of a google search, seriously. You're really not grasping this at all. Please re-read the thread, research the Dank situation, and re-evaluate your ability to admit not being correct. Minutiae may give you bonus points in academia, but does not really count in real life.
Sorry, Windows update today removed my ability to copy & paste, so I'm attempting this to include Bomb's quote.

• Agree
Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No way i would use a product with Dank packaging,, human greed & shortcuts make it too risky now. While I'm sure med grade is mostly clean in your area,,, but only until/when some clown like the kid in the story comes along.

Fwiw, Dank is a stupid name,, I bet they were aiming for "Dang" & it got lost in translation

Dank =Scank/Skank
I have to agree. it would be unpleasantly wet. The issue I think is the highest grade pot was originally dank. Wet and sticky. It became a slang term for “good” more or less, then a slang term for “overused” which is what they mean when they say “dank memes”.

Slang is one of those ephemeral things. Most of my childhood slang came from the east coast in the 70’s. Things were wicked back then. My dad’s stuff was from the 30’s. It occasionally pops up in my speech to the consternation of everyone. Luckily he mostly liked fake biblical quotes.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Seems like an appropriate name. A person's lungs will be quite dank if they develop lipid pneumonia from vaping that stuff.

But it's not like there haven't been crazy names on our side of vaping as well. Remember "Suicide Bunny" and the levels of diketones in her liquids?
Dank has been used to describe the smell of really good weed since the days I used to partake, back in the early 80's, the dawning of sinsemilla. Full disclosure- I started in the 70's, but never heard the term until about '81.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dank has been used to describe the smell of really good weed since the days I used to partake, back in the early 80's, the dawning of sinsemilla. Full disclosure- I started in the 70's, but never heard the term until about '81.
My earliest memory of the word is from a children’s book when I was a kid. Was talking about a hole in the ground I vaguely recall. Or a cave. There was a dragon in it maybe.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'd be buying my vape gear at a headshop

Actually around here (South Florida) in the past 5-6 years more & more B&M have been opening up - think Starbucks - and most of them ARE "Headshops" ( as I personally remember them from the 60's-70's). They have 3/4 of their stores filled with Bongs/Hookas & even rolling papers (mainly in the front of the store) and very few items that are basic E-Cig products. Instead they have Juul's/Blu/etc. up front by the register and high-end Mods (hold 2-3 batteries), Sub-ohm Tanks, sub-ohm PODs too (BTW: All of these are way over priced). Matter of fact, most of them have signs in their windows or names that include "Smoke - Vape" stores with the picture of a Bongs/Hooka . . . AND - More recently, HUGE signs "We Sell CBD"/"CBD Oils" . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I would lose my mind without the ability to copy & paste.
I kinda am. Amazing how often I use it for work, even. It's really driving me nuts, after the 2 hr. update removing my pin, right click copy/paste, touchpad settings, and other features. I really have to find a solution tomorrow!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Uncle

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Fascinating that the ban on discussion of this subject has been lifted.

I have seen information about the production and use of vapable cannabis products since 2014. I don't know if the term 'whole alkaloid' is transferable from the equivalent tobacco product, but the ones I have seen are produced by soaking in PG or extracted using a solvent. I have no interest in any narcotic canabis products.

I have been using a commercially produced CBD product from a highly reputable UK based company for about six months now to great effect. Rather than a WA oil product which of course would be completely unsuitable for vaping they extract the canabidiol molecule itself and dissolve it in a VG/PG mix. For those that don't know CBD is not narcotic, but has a range of very real health benefits as a soporific, an analgesic and a stress reliever.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncle

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
To the ANTZ, and now a large portion of the brain washed public we are a drug culture. In fact I would go so far as to say that Nicotine is perceived as worse than THC and we are either to be pitied or looked down upon for our use of Nicotine. Buckle up, we may well be the criminals and "dope heads" the law abiding citizens before long.
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread