The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

These industries will soon be tied together

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by smacuser, Sep 10, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Huh?? Sorry if I confused you here. But I don't know what you're talking about with WB, Bugs Bunny, Groups, Alibaba, Guilds, etc. None of that comes close to addressing what I said. I think you meant to quote another post? (yet I can't find one it would be a proper response to). I just meant that what's going on with the Dank name isn't really a fit with anyone's trademarked names, licensing, etc. I am a franchisor, who originally started with licensing, so I do understand that stuff. But my point was, none of it really applies here. You'll have to dig deeper on the Dank stuff.

That was a really off the wall response.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    As I attempted to humorously agree with you.

3. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    It sounded to me like you were supporting an earlier post. I reacted as if you were. Common usage words are a rough one. It’s why there are so many misspellings in trade names. rite instead of right is a favorite. Probably going to see that popping up with the common usage terms. As for dank you’re wrong about that one.
    Definition of DANK. It’s apparently from the 13th century Swedish.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. kross8

kross8 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

No way i would use a product with Dank packaging,, human greed & shortcuts make it too risky now. While I'm sure med grade is mostly clean in your area,,, but only until/when some clown like the kid in the story comes along.

Fwiw, Dank is a stupid name,, I bet they were aiming for "Dang" & it got lost in translation

Dank =Scank/Skank

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    You're an odd one, alright. I have no idea where you came up with those notions about an earlier post. Nothing you posted even tangentially addressed my points. And I'm not wrong about Dank. I told you Wikipedia wouldn't have the answer here, yet you give me this? The idea that you think we're even discussing the definition of the word dank is frankly, disturbing. Just expand your reading material beyond the first page of a google search, seriously. You're really not grasping this at all. Please re-read the thread, research the Dank situation, and re-evaluate your ability to admit not being correct. Minutiae may give you bonus points in academia, but does not really count in real life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Seems like an appropriate name. A person's lungs will be quite dank if they develop lipid pneumonia from vaping that stuff.

But it's not like there haven't been crazy names on our side of vaping as well. Remember "Suicide Bunny" and the levels of diketones in her liquids?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Sorry, Windows update today removed my ability to copy & paste, so I'm attempting this to include Bomb's quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have to agree. it would be unpleasantly wet. The issue I think is the highest grade pot was originally dank. Wet and sticky. It became a slang term for “good” more or less, then a slang term for “overused” which is what they mean when they say “dank memes”.

Slang is one of those ephemeral things. Most of my childhood slang came from the east coast in the 70’s. Things were wicked back then. My dad’s stuff was from the 30’s. It occasionally pops up in my speech to the consternation of everyone. Luckily he mostly liked fake biblical quotes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Dank has been used to describe the smell of really good weed since the days I used to partake, back in the early 80's, the dawning of sinsemilla. Full disclosure- I started in the 70's, but never heard the term until about '81.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Lol. Been there.

11. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I would lose my mind without the ability to copy & paste.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    My earliest memory of the word is from a children’s book when I was a kid. Was talking about a hole in the ground I vaguely recall. Or a cave. There was a dragon in it maybe.

13. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I keep mine in a small box in the basement to avoid that problem.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Actually around here (South Florida) in the past 5-6 years more & more B&M have been opening up - think Starbucks - and most of them ARE "Headshops" ( as I personally remember them from the 60's-70's). They have 3/4 of their stores filled with Bongs/Hookas & even rolling papers (mainly in the front of the store) and very few items that are basic E-Cig products. Instead they have Juul's/Blu/etc. up front by the register and high-end Mods (hold 2-3 batteries), Sub-ohm Tanks, sub-ohm PODs too (BTW: All of these are way over priced). Matter of fact, most of them have signs in their windows or names that include "Smoke - Vape" stores with the picture of a Bongs/Hooka . . . AND - More recently, HUGE signs "We Sell CBD"/"CBD Oils" . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I kinda am. Amazing how often I use it for work, even. It's really driving me nuts, after the 2 hr. update removing my pin, right click copy/paste, touchpad settings, and other features. I really have to find a solution tomorrow!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Yep. It would be nearly impossible for me to get my work done without it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alexander Mundy

Alexander Mundy Ribbon Twister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2013
    Springfield, MO
    Funny, here in the midwest I never heard the term dank used for pot. Guess we just weren't imaginative enough, sticky bud worked.

• Like Like x 3
  18. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Where I grew up, dank weed meant moist weed. Otherwise, it was dry weed; shake.

• Like Like x 1
  19. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Fascinating that the ban on discussion of this subject has been lifted.

I have seen information about the production and use of vapable cannabis products since 2014. I don't know if the term 'whole alkaloid' is transferable from the equivalent tobacco product, but the ones I have seen are produced by soaking in PG or extracted using a solvent. I have no interest in any narcotic canabis products.

I have been using a commercially produced CBD product from a highly reputable UK based company for about six months now to great effect. Rather than a WA oil product which of course would be completely unsuitable for vaping they extract the canabidiol molecule itself and dissolve it in a VG/PG mix. For those that don't know CBD is not narcotic, but has a range of very real health benefits as a soporific, an analgesic and a stress reliever.

20. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Ditto!