Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
By the time the FDA dance and state bans are done trashing the B&M ecig sources, those head shops may be the only place to buy devices we use, relabeled as "Not for Nicotine Use" .

The cannabis industry's mishaps have accelerated the death blows to the ecig marketplace and yet they may end up as the only local source for many ecig users.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dank Vapes is nothing more than a package – fancy box that can be purchased with an empty cart. But it is not segregated to black markets only. Legit processors that are subjected to testing can use Dank packaging. Popular name so why not capitalize on it.
because it’s business suicide. They’re idiots. They’ve reduced their trustability while increasing that of competitors. It’s literally asking competitors to dilute or destroy their brand. Packaging is cheap after initial outlay costs, which aren’t that high by business standards. Printing has significant fixed costs, but the variable costs are very very low. Certainly less than the value of their brand, even if it’s a small single store B&M
We have medical dispensaries here in Canada, that are subjected to regulations and testing that use Dank branding.
Then they’re idiots too. That’s not merely bad business. It’s highly self destructive.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
In about eight months most of what we consider vape stuff is going to be regulated into nonexistence...that's the real world.
is that knowledge or conjecture based on heresay?
People actually have hatred towards nicotine vapers, I believe as a byproduct of the ABC Govmt.
“ABC Govmt”? Never heard of such. Sounds like a dog whistle of some sort from here.
Dog-whistle politics - Wikipedia
agencies disinformation campaign...Ironically, the anger/down looking on users of cannabis users is a byproduct of disinformation from the very same Govmt. agencies for nigh on a century now...see how that works;) Same game, different players...the fact that your Govmt. can abuse you for ingesting any organic molecule is ludicrous, and judging others for their lifestyle and personal wants and needs is pathetic at best, yet the Govmt. programming is strong with many...and they feel justified in their righteous indignation at those things they have zero true knowledge regarding, or personal experience with.

Divide and conquer has been their go to tool for multi generations now, because it is SO effective at manipulating the uninformed.
Wow. The baton of crazy has been passed. I lay down my tinfoil hat before you.

Even when I do it on purpose I can’t even approach that level of frantic incoherence.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Allow me to wax pedantic for a moment and point out that this is a contradiction in terms. It would at best be a synthetic simulation of a plant extract. From what I've read, those synthetics are bad news. They're not necessarily physically bad for you, but they tend to cause quite unpredictable reactions in people.
I don’t disagree but it is the common usage term. My understanding is they’re generally designer drugs based on THC sprayed onto dried vegetation. The formulas change constantly to avoid prosecution.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I actually did a parody based from Anslinger's Wiki page several years ago by substituting the word vaping.

Anslinger received, as head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, an increase of reports about vaping in 1936 that continued to spread at an accelerated pace in 1937. Before, vaping had been relatively slight and confined to a minority. The bureau launched two important steps. First, the Bureau prepared a legislative plan to seek from Congress a new law that would place vaping and its distribution directly under federal control. Second, Anslinger ran a campaign against vaping on radio and at major forums.

Some of his critics allege that Anslinger and the campaign against vaping had a hidden agenda: The E. I. DuPont De Nemours And Company industrial firm, petrochemical interests, and William Randolph Hearst together created the highly sensational anti-vaping campaign to eliminate vaping as an industrial competitor. The DuPont Company and many industrial historians subsequently disputed any link between development of nylon and vaping. Anslinger did not himself consider vaping a serious threat to American society until in the fourth year of his tenure (1934), at which point an anti-vaping campaign, aimed at alarming the public, became his primary focus as part of the government's broader push to outlaw all tobacco. Members of the League of Nations had already implemented restrictions for vaping in the beginning of the 1930s and restrictions started in many states in the U.S years before Anslinger was appointed. Both presidentFranklin D. Roosevelt and his attorney general publicly supported this development in 1935.

By using the mass media as his forum (receiving much support from Hearst), Anslinger propelled the anti-vaping sentiment from the state level to a national movement. Writing for The American Magazine, the best examples were contained in his "Gore File," a collection of quotes from police reports, by later opponents described as police-blotter-type narratives of heinous cases, most with no substantiation, linking graphically depicted offenses with the drug. Anslinger sometimes used the very brief and concise language in many police reports when he wrote about vaping.

“By the tons it is coming into this country — the deadly, dreadful poison that racks and tears not only the body, but the very heart and soul of every human being who once becomes a slave to it in any of its cruel and devastating forms.... Vaping is a short cut to the insane asylum. Vape for a month and what was once your brain will be nothing but a storehouse of horrid specters."

Seems my parody has come to fruition

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
because it’s business suicide. They’re idiots. They’ve reduced their trustability while increasing that of competitors. It’s literally asking competitors to dilute or destroy their brand. Packaging is cheap after initial outlay costs, which aren’t that high by business standards. Printing has significant fixed costs, but the variable costs are very very low. Certainly less than the value of their brand, even if it’s a small single store B&M
Then they’re idiots too. That’s not merely bad business. It’s highly self destructive.

I do not know the history nor their intentions. The cannabis industry has been using catch names for decades. Dank is just another catch name

As for idiots in the medical industry, is it self destructive if the branding sells more than something that was just made up, and unknown?

I understand what you are saying given the recent connections to Dank Vapes – but do not think the branding was meant to be connected to something that is dangerous.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I do not know the history nor their intentions. The cannabis industry has been using catch names for decades. Dank is just another catch name

As for idiots in the medical industry, is it self destructive if the branding sells more than something that was just made up, and unknown?
if anyone can just use it, yes. Someone is going to do just what happened: make substandard versions of the product and let the blame fall on the B&M. Ask any manufacturer that has been counterfeited what it does to their business
I understand what you are saying given the recent connections to Dank Vapes – but do not think the branding was meant to be connected to something that is dangerous.
Meant, shmeant. It was a foregone conclusion.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
if anyone can just use it, yes. Someone is going to do just what happened: make substandard versions of the product and let the blame fall on the B&M. Ask any manufacturer that has been counterfeited what it does to their business

Meant, shmeant. It was a foregone conclusion.

The industry doesn’t work like that. There is a whole wiki page on cannabis catch names. Hundreds of them! If it wasn’t Dank, it could have easily been something else.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The industry doesn’t work like that. There is a whole wiki page on cannabis catch names. Hundreds of them! If it wasn’t Dank, it could have easily been something else.
So this industry is “different” from every other industry in in the entire history of industry then? This is trademark stuff. Trademark law is older than the United States. There’s a reason for that.

History of Trademarks: Everything You Need to Know

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
is that knowledge or conjecture based on heresay? “ABC Govmt”? Never heard of such. Sounds like a dog whistle of some sort from here.
Dog-whistle politics - Wikipedia

Wow. The baton of crazy has been passed. I lay down my tinfoil hat before you.

Even when I do it on purpose I can’t even approach that level of frantic incoherence.
Post deemed not worthy of an intelligent reply.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So this industry is “different” from every other industry in in the entire history of industry then? This is trademark stuff. Trademark law is older than the United States. There’s a reason for that.

OMG! You would argue over the colour black! :facepalm:

There is a sub culture here that you obviously do not understand. Is Dank a trade marketed name? How about asparagus, broccoli, parsley or turnip greens. Aunt Mary, Mary Jane, Mary Warner, Mary and Johnny? What about Rainy Day Woman? That’s part of a Bob Dylan lyric but highly doubt Bobby and his gang of lawyers and money hungry record executives are chasing the cannabis market for royalties!

The problem is not the name, it is the product. And I am willing to bet out of the hundreds of cases, Dank was not the only product!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
OMG! You would argue over the colour black! :facepalm:
of course I would. I’ve done it. I was trained as a designer. You know how many different colors of black there are?
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder

And that’s just 4 color process. With hexachrome and spot color it’s much much worse. Point that statement at anyone who has dealt with paint professionally and they will literally laugh at you.
There is a sub culture here that you obviously do not understand.
ah the song of teenagers throughout history.
Is Dank a trade marketed name? How about asparagus, broccoli, parsley or turnip greens. Aunt Mary, Mary Jane, Mary Warner, Mary and Johnny? What about Rainy Day Woman? That’s part of a Bob Dylan lyric but highly doubt Bobby and his gang of lawyers and money hungry record executives are chasing the cannabis market for royalties!
give it time. It’s a BT dominated industry now. The 60’s are long gone.
The problem is not the name, it is the product.
you didn’t read that history of trademark law thing did you. You’re acting like this is some sort of new problem no one has seen before. It’s not. It wasn’t new a hundred years ago.
And I am willing to bet out of the hundreds of cases, Dank was not the only product!
Now that is likely. Stupid is rarely unique.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Bomb, you've already demonstrated you really don't understand this. Sometimes you're just wrong. And you won't find the correct answers in wikipedia for this one. This "business model" of Dank never existed before. It's new. It happens sometimes. It's not really a business model at all. It's a number of individuals appropriating a single name. You'll have to read somewhere else, but you'll find it if you keep looking. There's actually a good start to learning about it already posted in these threads.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bomb, you've already demonstrated you really don't understand this. Sometimes you're just wrong. And you won't find the correct answers in wikipedia for this one. This "business model" of Dank never existed before. It's new. It happens sometimes. It's not really a business model at all. It's a number of individuals appropriating a single name. You'll have to read somewhere else, but you'll find it if you keep looking. There's actually a good start to learning about it already posted in these threads.
Yeah. Im so stupid I went to college for this specific subject and became part of an industry that dealt with just exactly this topic. Other stuff too, but trademark and logos was where all the money was. The entire body of law regarding it was invented just for kicks. Companies spend billions of dollars a year on this stuff because they have nothing better to do.

Once upon a time Warner brothers accidentally allowed some 1930’s era Buggs bunny stuff to lapse in the 90’s. For like fifteen minutes. An art school student bought them in those fifteen minutes. He’d studied the situation and had been waiting for months hoping it would happen. He didn’t get all of it or even a majority of it. There wasn’t time. Only a few bits. Warner brothers had to buy them back from him. He’s probably still a millionaire.

And by “group” you mean anyone capable of ordering off alibaba.

You know what a “guild” is? Not the MMO term, the original one. They were around in the 14th century. They did that stuff too. They learned quick and instituted special rules. The rules involved capital punishment occasionally.

People are dead because of this stupidity. Though back in the 90’s there was probably some Warner executive that merely lost his job.

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
of course I would. I’ve done it. I was trained as a designer. You know how many different colors of black there are?
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder

And that’s just 4 color process. With hexachrome and spot color it’s much much worse. Point that statement at anyone who has dealt with paint professionally and they will literally laugh at you.

black wasnt the problem
white was

ex surface coatings colour technician ( paint chemist )

phill_nz

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2018
it wasnt just the colour
it was the ability to fix it that caused the biggies
with black you could always add carbon 100 and then start adjusting it again
once white got out of spec it needed so much really pure tio to bring it back it was usually easier to junk it and use it for a different colour entirely then start completely over

all that aside it was just an attempt at humorously agreeing with you

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread