They got my card again

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
So I use a debit card for ecig purchases and only keep $100 or so in there just in case - a couple months ago they got my card and it just happened again today. Last time I was buying from at least 4 diff't places but since I got my new card I've only been buying from 2 sites - aquavapor and ecigsexpress - so just a heads up, one of these 2 sites is using a processor that's most likely continually being hacked - I've been buying from these sites the whole time so now I'm positive it's one of the 2. Time to switch to paypal only. LF will be getting all of my business from now on.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That sucks! Seems like there's been a lot of this going around lately. I haven't purchased from these vendors but I've been checking my statements more just in case. It especially sucks if you're like me & don't have any vape shops nearby. I'm forced to do almost all of my purchasing online!

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
It may be the banks they do business with too. I heard that the 2 banks I do business with were BOTH hacked. This seems like it's going around quite a bit, with banks being hacked. Last year it was government websites.
I've ordered a couple times from ecigexpress and (knock on wood) haven't had an issue. The other one you mentioned I've never ordered from.
Good luck getting it straightened out, it can be a pita.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I was horrified when I got an email from an ecig company recently that had my password IN THE CLEAR! I wrote them an outraged letter, and they said their credit card processor sends those emails, and they have complete confidence in them. The name was one of the biggest, best-known, processors.

I'm putting "Please also start accepting Dwolla" in comments fields now when I buy from anybody who doesn't take them. (So far only GotVapes and one other I've used take Dwolla.)

It's a pre-loaded online pay service that is uber-cheap (for both the vendor and the buyer) because they make their profit from the interest on the few bucks you preload. It's a bit of a pain because the preload can take 1-3 days each time. But the payments OUT require you to receive a code from DWOLLA for that particular transaction and go back and enter the 1-time code into the payment box at the vendor site, then they process very fast.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
BOA (credit card) just called me too. No $ was paid. I used ecigsexpress on Apr.1st. - I'll contact them too. But it can happen anytime. Who knows.
BOA has fraud protection, at least the way mine is set up does.

P.S. - Side note of THANKS to darkhood for all the awesome info you post!! :toast:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
So I use a debit card for ecig purchases and only keep $100 or so in there just in case - a couple months ago they got my card and it just happened again today. Last time I was buying from at least 4 diff't places but since I got my new card I've only been buying from 2 sites - aquavapor and ecigsexpress - so just a heads up, one of these 2 sites is using a processor that's most likely continually being hacked - I've been buying from these sites the whole time so now I'm positive it's one of the 2. Time to switch to paypal only. LF will be getting all of my business from now on.

I started a thread last week where my card number was also stolen and someone attemped (unsuccessfully) to make a $569 purchase on it. I did not mention the site even though all indications pointed to one supplier since I had only used the card on that site in the last 12 days. Now that you mentioned these two sites, I have to chime in. The site I used the card on was ecigexpress.

I sent them an email about what happened and all the details and they replied that it could not be them. I definitely "beg to differ" after reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread