Things yet to be done.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Lol, thanks Cashmere. It's the size that's the problem, my lighting is good, no glare. I sit about a metre away from the screen so I suppose I could move closer. It is a bit annoying on this forum because it means scrolling with each line of text and it gets a bit much. I've found that most websites aren't a problem re 800x600 resolution and I prefer not to be straining to see all the time.

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
Is that really a big issue? Most other forums have similar sized windows.
It's not big - All the sideway scrolling just gets on my nerves. I just thought you could do it when you're working on the forum anyway, because it's a matter of a minute to fix it. Take the image, resize it, done. No need for another theme.

Look, I allready made most of the work:
logosp7.jpg

Instead of 950 px it's now 814 px (in case it's too small now, I'll happyli redo it)
Replace the original logo.jpg with this one (keep a copy of the original, just in case) and all should be good. The forum may have the size hardcoded into it (in which case the image would stretch sidewasys to the same width), but I doupt that

(you may notice that I diddn't resize it, i just narrowed it. It makes no difference in looking at it but it solves the problems in sideways scrolling for the people here who have a small screen/resolution or prefer to not maximise the browser because they have a linux shell open in a putty window where stuff compiles. yes, the latter will not be the case too often ;P)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Is that really a big issue? Most other forums have similar sized windows.

Yes, the scrolling issue ot read the posts is a bit annoying- perhaps it's the size of the header image that is causing htis? I can resize it for ya if you like to try?

woops -didn'
t see htis was already addressed-

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Smokey- I don't use fox- but the forum is ok like it is, as I mentioned, only a couplel etters are hidden and it's not hard to guess what they are when looking at hte word- I'm ok with how itis, was just saying it would be 100% with a little more shrinking, but it's not absolutely necesasry- so it's fine- not sure why it looks squished in fox? Looks good in explorer- does it look real bad in fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread