Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , but what sort of device , are you looking for ??? The Vamo is a VV/VW tube mod , where the MVP is only VV , box type device , and limited at that . It also costs more . So , between those two , I would opt for the Vamo . But you might also check out the Sigelei Tmax . Same components of a regular Zmax , but in a box mod configuration . But look around , the prices are all over the board . I just bought one from Exhale Vapors for 67.00 . Good Luck with your decision .

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I do not know anything at all about the MVP BUT I do not personally like Mods I can't change the batteries on. In 6 months or a year when the batteries die you will be tossing the mod and shopping for a new one.

I have a vamo and I do love mine. BUT I am not blind to its faults. For one it is slippery. I had to wrap a rubber band around it just so I had enough grip to not feel like I was going to drop it all the time. Some people have had trouble with the 510 connection on it being fragile. I have yet to experience this but I am super careful when I screw on attachments. I really REALLY love the VW feature as I am not big on fiddling with settings and I change juice delivery devices often. I also love the ability to use big batteries so I don't have to recharge/change so often.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The Vamo costs more than the MVP. Sure, the VAMO body costs less, but then you need the batteries, charger, atomizer, etc.

The iTaste MVP kit comes with batteries (built-in) and 2 clearomizers and a charger OOTB. All you need is some juice. I got mine for only $55, and it shipped out same day with free shipping (ivapes with coupon code).

It's a great first step up into variable voltage, and costs less than a Vamo or even a Vision Spinner starter set.

Julopy

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Austin, TX
+1 for Vamo wamo! you're gonna love the variable wattage, and low cost battery replacement (you can get 2x for 10 bcuks). im happy with 1.3ohm at 8 watts.

If you want to save money, stay away from built-in battery devices like the mvp, they are ok but once the battery stops performing you need to buy another unit. In the long run you end up spending more money than you think.

Maglin

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Wichita, KS
I just picked up a Sigelei Zmax from varitube. You can use the ECF discount code of varitube10 for an additional %10 off for around $76.50. That comes with 2x 18650 2200mah batteries, a zipper case, a clearo for that price. You just need to get a battery charger. The batteries last all day so even if you get a low budget charger that might take 5+ hours (.4A output) won't be a big deal except when you first receive it and need to charge your batteries. You can use one of the batteries while you charge the other out of the box. They are LiPo and they are shipped with a storage charge which is about 50-60% of it's capacity. I would also grad a few deals of the day which today is the MT3 tanks.

I'm saving for a nice charger currently. I'm using my high dollar RC charger ($200) but it's a PITA and decided to just get a charger that I can just drop these batteries into. They also sell the Vamo for $45 if that is really what you want. Hope I was able to help you.

Maglin

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Wichita, KS
I just ordered a Stainless Steel vamo v2 from vaporbreak for less than 30 bucks! Looking forward to it replacing my Smok vmax.

How did you get it for less than $30?

NM. Once you register the price drops. You are buying from the mainland directly. Just know that if you do experience an issue their is no returning it or warranty. I know as I deal with then occasionally. usually shipping is counter productive. If you were going to buy 100 of them it would definitely be worth it.

Last edited:

gregzbobo

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Oklahoma City
I got my Vamo a week or so after I first got into vaping, and I really like it. Mines chrome and the plating is wearing off already on the battery tube, but so far haven't had issues with it at all. I don't own the MVP so can't speak for it, but tried it at a local shop (employee owned unit) and it seems to be very well made at least.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
i love my mvp, the one and only thing its missing is an ohm reader, but most coils state what ohms they are anyways.

Just be forewarned advertised ohms are rarely accurate. I've got a 1.8 that measures at 2.2. A 2.4 that measures at 2.6. A 1.8 that measures at 1.5.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I am looking for my first mod. I have seen good reviews on both of these. I am wondering what batteries to get for the Vamo as I am sure the MVP I was looking at had a built in Battery. Which would you go with?

I dont know about the MVP (I'm not inclined towards box mods so I probably never will be), but I have no problem recommending the Vamo. I have the SS version I bought from FreE-cigs.com. It has been trouble free and has had no issues. Some folks have reported a few issues, but many more haven't had anything but good things to say about them....they are priced really well considering all the features they have...

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Just be forewarned advertised ohms are rarely accurate. I've got a 1.8 that measures at 2.2. A 2.4 that measures at 2.6. A 1.8 that measures at 1.5.

I've noticed that too...I've had a couple of cartos and clearos that were way off...After some terrible initial vapes, I now check it every time I change delivery devices, heads, etc...:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread