Thinking about getting a Rebuildable Atomizer RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly new to vaping, but I am extremely interested in getting a rebuildable atomizer. I was looking at an IGO-F or an IGO-L, I saw some videos on youtube about them and was pretty excited and then I went to go order one and the warning about the dangers of noobs using an rba made me think twice and post this. Is it really that dangerous? Can I blow up my PV? I am almost smart! I make it to work every day! Should I really be that concerned about this possibility? Also what is the device called that I need to measure the ohms? I do not have a vw mod.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You would need a digital multi tester. Never really got into RBA'a but tried a friends and it was a nice vape. I test everything before I attach it any of my PVs. Can also be used to check chargers, batts, etc. A "must have" for vaping as it takes the guesswork out of many vaping related issues IMO.
Here's a great deal for a torch if using SS mesh:
Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals: UPDATE & REBUILDERS: Butane Jet Torch - $4.10 - Free Ship

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
Lots of devices can check the ohm, like zmax Vamo Provari eVic... Or get a ohm meter

If you have a good understanding, you won't 'hurt' much then break a few coils
Watch YouTube

You might even want to try building a evod protank vivi nova and see if it's something you want without spending much money [if you used any of those]

As long as you learn before trying. You will be good to go [its not hard]

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
You really should get a VW mod if you want to dip your toe into rebuildables. The device used to measure ohms is called an ohm-meter but you should really get a multi-meter so you can test voltage and ohms. You may want to hang out in the rebuildables section for a bit and visit eHuman's blog for some more research. E-Cigarette Forum - eHuman - Blogs

The chances of you blowing up your PV are low but still possible. Whatever you do...don't skimp on batteries or the charger. Purchase the best you can afford.

polpol

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Manila
I'm a noob with a rebuildable. :) I started vaping with an rba, but paired it with a mechanical mod so no real worry about blowing up for me. Just had to avoid hot spots (or apparently make the whole thing one giant hotspot according to a thread I read here somewhere) I now have smok rda but I think I'll want a nimbus pretty soon. I would suggest trying something affordable first to see how you like fiddling with wicks and wires.

Sent from my SC-03E using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I am fairly new to vaping, but I am extremely interested in getting a rebuildable atomizer. I was looking at an IGO-F or an IGO-L, I saw some videos on youtube about them and was pretty excited and then I went to go order one and the warning about the dangers of noobs using an RBA made me think twice and post this. Is it really that dangerous? Can I blow up my PV? I am almost smart! I make it to work every day! Should I really be that concerned about this possibility? Also what is the device called that I need to measure the ohms? I do not have a vw mod.

Hello, kenlad64. Rebuildable Atomizers (RBAs) and Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDAs) afford a fantastic vaping experience with regard to flavor and vapor performance.

If used via a regulated device, safety is less of a concern. It's when they are used with unregulated Mechanical type devices, that one should have a good understanding of the Mech's and delivery device's relationship with regard to resistance, since one will be making their own coil assemblies.

The IGO-L is an excellent RDA platform to get your rebuildable feet wet, in a manner of speaking.

- Andy

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Hello, kenlad64. Rebuildable Atomizers (RBAs) and Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDAs) afford a fantastic vaping experience with regard to flavor and vapor performance.

If used via a regulated device, safety is less of a concern. It's when they are used with unregulated Mechanical type devices, that one should have a good understanding of the Mech's and delivery device's relationship with regard to resistance, since one will be making their own coil assemblies.

The IGO-L is an excellent RDA platform to get your rebuildable feet wet, in a manner of speaking fact.

- Andy

There fixed that for ya.
    Any RDA with a side air hole will leak all over the place if you lay it down on it's side.

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Everybody that bought their first RBA was a noob. If noobs didn't buy RBAs then there wouldn't be so many in use today. I think that warning is for the vendor's protection. If you do your homework, watch YouTube vids, read a lot you shouldn't have any problems getting started with an RBA. A multimeter is a must have with RBAs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread