Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Direct dripping has the best flavor of all. It takes a little practice, but it won't take long until you get an "Ah Ha!" moment. Just relax and have fun with it. You won't pop your atty and dry hits won't kill you - we've all had them.

You just described a bottom-feeder, except that the liquid is in a bottle below the atty and when you squeeze the bottle, the liquid goes up into the bottom of the atty.

And when dripping, it's not like you're constantly dripping, you vape on the drops for awhile; it depends on your vaping style. I just get into a groove and don't even realize I'm dripping. It's become second nature to me.

Well, then I've got some practicing to do once I get all this gear. Looks like I'll be trying bcc's and dripping and most importantly, to me at least, a bottom feeder if one fits nicely on the ProVari. I think that's why the Aurora caught my attention so much. Do you personally use any bottom feeders?

I'm still going to try out carto-tanks cuz I want to see what the hype is about. My biggest worry is none of these giving me that warm vape that I like w/those dang top coil clearos.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, then I've got some practicing to do once I get all this gear. Looks like I'll be trying bcc's and dripping and most importantly, to me at least, a bottom feeder if one fits nicely on the ProVari. I think that's why the Aurora caught my attention so much. Do you personally use any bottom feeders?
Ocey drips a lot. She also has a Reo and a couple of wood box mods. I have a Vapage VMod which is an affordable bottom feeder box mod. There was a short period of time when I used it alot, but I'm using it less and less lately. I still get my best and most consistant vape from a cartotank.

VMod-XL_zps7d65bf31.jpg

I use the Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers frequently on my Provari's. 510 thread. Dual top coil head. 16 wicks. 3 ml capacity. Adjustable drip tip. Choice of colors. Flavor is only a tad less than my cartotanks.

iClear30.jpg

Here's a higher end model of the Aurora demo'd on a Provari:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

A bottom-feeder is a completely different device. I have a Reo, but my favorites are my Phidiae. They are box mods that have a bottle of juice inside, which feeds to the atty as I described. There is a product in Italy that appears to allow a ProVari to liquid feed, but it's $$$ and I don't know of anyone whose pulled the trigger on it.

As I posted somewhere earlier, the Aurora has eGo threading. I imagine it won't be long until there is something similar in 510.

I'm still going to try out carto-tanks cuz I want to see what the hype is about. My biggest worry is none of these giving me that warm vape that I like w/those dang top coil clearos.

I like carto tanks, but that comes down to personal preference. Until I tried a bottom-feeder, carto tanks were my second favorite after dripping.

If you like top coil clearos, why don't you use them? Not everything has to be glass, unless all the juices you like are tank crackers. Also, Smoktech and Vision both have pyrex versions of the vivi nova:

Glass Vision V-Fate Nova Tank - 3.5ml

Glass Vision V-Fate Nova Tank - 2.0ml

SmokTech Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

These are my girls:

e8p6.jpg

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
First time Ive seen that Aurora. Pretty interesting.....kinda big. There have been so many new models and ideas this past year or so.

Todd (of Todd's reviews) did a very thorough review of it and he's a big fan. There was quite a long thread in General Discussion and I asked Todd if he was still in love with it a month later and he said he was; however, it is really designed for an eGo type device.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Was heading out to my local B&M that had the ProVari to look at in person because i couldn't do it yesterday and check out tanks as well...my car is dead in my garage! :mad:

And thx for letting me know that a bottom feeder is a box mod! GEEZ I'm getting myself all screwed up! LMAO And i don't need glass tanks, Pyrex is cool. i just always thought the glass is nice and not breathing in potential plastic fumes.

So as I sit here waiting on the car guy, going to watch more vids...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ocey drips a lot. She also has a Reo and a couple of wood box mods. I have a Vapage VMod which is an affordable bottom feeder box mod. There was a short period of time when I used it alot, but I'm using it less and less lately. I still get my best and most consistant vape from a cartotank.

VMod-XL_zps7d65bf31.jpg

I use the Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers frequently on my Provari's. 510 thread. Dual top coil head. 16 wicks. 3 ml capacity. Adjustable drip tip. Choice of colors. Flavor is only a tad less than my cartotanks.

View attachment 264603

Here's a higher end model of the Aurora demo'd on a Provari:

Thx for the vid! Very interesting....it seems to be a pretty good set up! I'm going to search it more because, that was a good review, I think. I couldn't understand one word he said. I cannot pick up heavy accents very well unless its Chicago..LOLOLOL.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Was heading out to my local B&M that had the ProVari to look at in person because i couldn't do it yesterday and check out tanks as well...my car is dead in my garage! :mad:

And thx for letting me know that a bottom feeder is a box mod! GEEZ I'm getting myself all screwed up! LMAO And i don't need glass tanks, Pyrex is cool. i just always thought the glass is nice and not breathing in potential plastic fumes.

So as I sit here waiting on the car guy, going to watch more vids...

It might all be in my head, but I really prefer glass to plastic tanks. I started off using plastic tanks and clearomizers on my Spinner, but once I tried the Davide mini I was hooked on glass tanks and all my plastic tanks and clearos are sitting unused in a drawer. Now with the Provaris I have only used IBTanked tanks.

Hope your car doesn't use up your vaping budget!:(

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I know!!! That's what I was thinking....is this car going to ruin my ProVari purchase and all the 500+ tanks, carto-tanks, fancy pretty purple drip tips and everything else I'm looking at to buy???

It's still under 10k miles/warranty so it better be an issue that's still covered. I swear anything electronic around me goes out all the time..brand new treadmill just stopped and went dead as I was walking on it this weekend. I'm not joking..happens constantly..computers, phones..I'm scared to death my brand new ProVari, the second I hold it will just go dead..

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
.....I bought the purple HyperTank and was hoping it would match, but it doesn't.

hypertank.jpg

Is that how your purple looks in person? I was thinking it was paler. It looks blue to me (but it could be my monitor).

Wow! I didn't realize the purple mini was that shade of purple. It looks super nice in that photo! I thought it was a more muted shade. That is tempting me!!

I stole.....I mean borrowed this pic off Instagram. This shade of purple looks pale like it does in person but Sue's looks rich and vibrant--lighting?

Screenshot_2013-08-06-08-35-52-1_zps796306fe.png

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
The purple isn't pale but it's not a rich purple and it's not as blue as in the pictures. It's a weird purple color. I tried to match it up with Ocelot's Pantone color chart and RGB colors and was having a hard time getting the right shade. I wouldn't have got a purple if I saw it in person first.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Thanks mostly to Baditude and his carto tank blogs, I'm a carto convert. The hits from a carto may not be as warm as those from my ProTank2 and mini-ProTank2 (although, to me, all three seem to be room temp. or thereabouts), but they're less airy/more dense and I find them SO much more consistent and nowhere near as finicky. I have a genesis atty on the way, but I'm definitely going to look into an affordable dripper.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I like this one. It's a good thing they are out of stock though. Not sure if I want to order something from Poland.

I'm sorry on both count. I would have sworn it was in stock when I looked. I didn't realize the vendor was in Poland. Gepetto is famous for box mods and I thought they were in, ummm, duh, Italy.

ETA: I have a couple of ideas:

1) If you find a Tru Stone tip you like, send a picture to Tommy at Mr. Vape and ask for an estimate. Tru Stone only has so many colors, so I'm sure he would recognize it. You could also do that with other vendors, but I like Tommy and have one of his tips.

2) Tru Stone is the material used to make fancy pens. The raw material is sold in "blanks." I've no idea if this site has a good selection or prices, but it will give you an idea of available colors.

http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_110

It appears the one Gepetto used might have been "Charoite"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread