Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just ordered a Provari pouch lanyard from Gepetto not that long ago and I already received it a couple of days ago.

I didn't know they were in Poland, either...lol

There really wasn't any shipping issues at all and the shipping times were the same as if it were in the US. Heck, I've been waiting longer for my IBTanked and my batteries from RTD...lol

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Haha! Then it would be perfect sitting on top of a zombie Provari!

There is a zombie one:

$T2eC16VHJIYFHN2Ts0ThBS!Gdlz9+Q~~60_35.JPG

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Was heading out to my local B&M that had the ProVari to look at in person because i couldn't do it yesterday and check out tanks as well...my car is dead in my garage! :mad:

And thx for letting me know that a bottom feeder is a box mod! GEEZ I'm getting myself all screwed up! LMAO And i don't need glass tanks, Pyrex is cool. i just always thought the glass is nice and not breathing in potential plastic fumes.

So as I sit here waiting on the car guy, going to watch more vids...

Sorry about your car, I hope it turned out okay.

Let me clarify another term we vapers are using incorrectly. Pyrex™ is a type of borosilicate glass used to make cookware and kitchen utensils. While there are drip tips and high-end tanks made of blown glass (and some types of lampwork glass), most of the glass used in vape gear is borosilicate, which is thick and more durable.

Of course, "Pyrex" is a lot easier to say than "borosilicate" and likely more people recognize it, so vapers are calling most glass products "Pyrex." I think Edward at Sun-Vapers can be held partially responsible, since he helped design the Protank and kept telling Kanger it had to be Pyrex.

So, everything made of Pyrex™ is type borosilicate glass, trademarked by Corning (of Corningware!). The vape gear made of generic borosilicate glass that everyone calls "Pyrex," isn't Pyrex™, but we call it that anyway. Just like Kleenex, Q-tips, eGo and a host of other products, the name of an authentic product has been genericised to mean any similar product.

(Considering Pyrex™ is an active trademark, I imagine Corning is rather annoyed with Kanger.)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Thx! Car is fine..the guy has no idea why it died.. Weird. I'm heading to that B&M today and I've been reading and watching a ton of videos because ur right, terminology gets bugged up a lot and I was getting confused as heck. Bottom feeder threw me way off because I hear that term used for bottom coil tanks...ugh

Watched a GrimmGreen one about dripping, but couldn't tell if it was an older vid, but he was saying really good things about HH 510s and the next one was chrome and looked cool HH 9 something. Not sure what 9 fits on.

I figured for me to buy the right stuff and not bug the crap out of everyone, (and sound like a complete idiot LOL) I need to learn this. I need to know what everyone's talking about and when I see a pic of something cool, I have to research it. What is it, will it work on a ProVari, is it something that has positive reviews. So spent a big part of the night watching vids, reading reviews and searching.

And I'm still searching for better top coils, just in case. I really prefer a warm vape and although it doesn't compare to a ProVari by any stretch, I did try my friends bottom coil EVod before..the vape was too cool for me.

Thx for the help so much! Back to studying so I can ask the right questions and understand what the heck is going on! I hate feeling like a noob all over again! But it is a new adventure and my number one goal is being met..staying off of analogs!

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thx! Car is fine..the guy has no idea why it died.. Weird. I'm heading to that B&M today and I've been reading and watching a ton of videos because ur right, terminology gets bugged up a lot and I was getting confused as heck. Bottom feeder threw me way off because I hear that term used for bottom coil tanks...ugh

I wish I could post this in bold in the New Members forum. I have been trying to be the vets to correct the misuse of terminology, but no one pays attention to me.

Watched a GrimmGreen one about dripping, but couldn't tell if it was an older vid, but he was saying really good things about HH 510s and the next one was chrome and looked cool HH 9 something. Not sure what 9 fits on.

I'm not sure where your "HH" is coming from. Did GrimmGreen use the term? The only atty I know of that has that in the name is the HH.357 by Cisco, but as you said it could be an older video. For plain dripping attys, people usually use 510 or 306.

If it is an older video, the "9" he was talking about may be a 901. That was another device that got pushed to the side since it doesn't have 510 threading. There are people who still use them, and claim they are better than the other attys (Vapor Joe swears by them), but they are hard to find and you have to use an adaptor.

I figured for me to buy the right stuff and not bug the crap out of everyone, (and sound like a complete idiot LOL) I need to learn this. I need to know what everyone's talking about and when I see a pic of something cool, I have to research it. What is it, will it work on a ProVari, is it something that has positive reviews. So spent a big part of the night watching vids, reading reviews and searching.

I don't recall if I've posted this for you before. This is an eGo, which has two types of threading. The ProVari only has one - the internal 510 threading. If you look closely at the juice delivery devices you will see the some screw on the 510 threads and some screw on the eGo threads. Any device you choose that has 510 threading will fit on the ProVari. The devices that have eGo threading will fit on the ProVari with a 510 to eGo adaptor. So you can ask, "Does it have 510 threading?" instead of "Will it fit on a ProVari?"

egolatest.jpg

And I'm still searching for better top coils, just in case. I really prefer a warm vape and although it doesn't compare to a ProVari by any stretch, I did try my friends bottom coil EVod before..the vape was too cool for me.

You might want to watch PBusardo's review of the iClear 30. Between him and and what I've read on the forum, the iClear is getting very high marks for a top-coil.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
You are 100% right regarding terminology Ocelot! But unfortunealty, I have a few local B&Ms, and I love the peeps there, but when I first started they even call stuff wrong too..that was a whole diff learning curve. It's amazing how knowledgeable EFC people are..I mean way more knowledge with people here than anywhere!

Here's that GrimmGreen Vid, he talks about this at the end of the vid:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXPs2LKe4K0

And yes, IClear30s are on my "just in case I'm not liking bottom coils" list. I'm actually really studying dripping more, (about to read ur blog again) and that Aurora tank and now, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, the cart-tanks. I think my previous thought on this wasn't fair or correct.

I started w/prefilled cartridges..they were ok, but muted taste big time. I then tried filling my own cartomizers which were better but still kind of muted, I thought. But carto-tanks look interesting and I may need to give this a try. I'm thinking, w/pre punched carts soaking in a tank of juice it would produce more flavor than the ones I've tried before.

So, I'm reading, watching vids, studying and writing stuff down now so I don't forget. Then making my shopping list and start buying. I will need advise from peeps as to the best vendors to buy from. I will get as much as I can from ProVape just cuz it will be easier.

I think some peeps just have a knack for this kind of stuff and some like me, it takes a while to visualize and understand just how A works with B and gives you the results of C. My brain is just slower!! LOLOL. Ask me how to a install Azek PVC trim and what the expansion and contraction of that is and I'm good to go...I use to be one of the few girls in the man's world of selling building products! But this stuff to me is more parts/pieces to comprehend!

I don't want to keep up with the Jone's and just start ordering here and there.. I want a great mod (hello ProVari) then do it justice by getting the best gear. I'm wanting to try one of each, test out my favorite flavor in each and then determine what I like the best and load up. I realize tho, depending on juice, it may taste better on a cooler vape like Halo Malibu or a warmer vape like Gorilla Juice. So I'm keeping that in mind too.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
All I want to know is......did you buy the provari already!!!! LMAO. It is time to get moving and you will be happy with any color, tank, etc!!

LOLOLOL..no, not yet..going to that dang B&M finally today..as long as my car starts! I want to see it in person! But I have the color picked out (hey, I'm a chick..that's important!) have my battery/charger picked and had a huge "story" to justify to the husband why I need to spend this kind of money. I have vapemail nearly every week and he thinks I'm losin' it!

HOWEVER, just found out yesterday he bought FIVE new, stupid full size college football helmets for his ever growing collection that's all over our walls on shelves in the basement!!!!!! We are in the process of redoing our basement and I had an area for him, special shelves installed and these helmets are about to grow beyond that area!!!!!!

Hhmmm, really??? If Oregon comes out with a new, stupid helmet, which is every dang weekend, he wants it. He could give a rats ... about them as a team, he just likes their helmets so he has 5-6 of Oregon alone.

So I'm not sure what they cost, but I know it's no less than $200 each...the Notre Dame one he has and is the REAL gold color was super expensive! i don't need a story any more to justify getting a new ProVari!!!! I'm getting it! This is my only hobby..I don't collect anything so I'm making this my new hobby and if he buys helmets, I buy vape stuff! ;)

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
That's okay. I thought I saw Tru Stone tips at other places. Thanks for the info about Tommy. He might even know if it's close to the ProVari purple color too.

I'm sorry on both count. I would have sworn it was in stock when I looked. I didn't realize the vendor was in Poland. Gepetto is famous for box mods and I thought they were in, ummm, duh, Italy.

ETA: I have a couple of ideas:

1) If you find a Tru Stone tip you like, send a picture to Tommy at Mr. Vape and ask for an estimate. Tru Stone only has so many colors, so I'm sure he would recognize it. You could also do that with other vendors, but I like Tommy and have one of his tips.

2) Tru Stone is the material used to make fancy pens. The raw material is sold in "blanks." I've no idea if this site has a good selection or prices, but it will give you an idea of available colors.

Bear Tooth Woods - TruStone Pen Blanks

It appears the one Gepetto used might have been "Charoite"

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Here are a couple pics of one of the tru stone tips I bought from tru-stone Drip Tips - Drip Tip Designz
He has stock and they run $26.95. I ordered two and they shipped fast. He is really quick about restocking sold items too. I love mine. They have a SS core and are very substantial! Thought you might be interested. :)

P1040783.jpg P1040784.jpg

That's okay. I thought I saw Tru Stone tips at other places. Thanks for the info about Tommy. He might even know if it's close to the ProVari purple color too.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Here is a pic of one of the tru stone tips I bought from tru-stone Drip Tips - Drip Tip Designz
He has stock and they run $26.95. I ordered two and they shipped fast. He is really quick about restocking sold items too. I love mine. They have a SS core and are very substantial! Thought you might be interested. :)

View attachment 265051

Pretty! Isn't that "Sonora" or something like that? I looked on the site for Susan the other night, but they didn't have any that looked ProVari Purple.

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO
Here are a couple pics of one of the tru stone tips I bought from tru-stone Drip Tips - Drip Tip Designz

The SS core seems like it would be a big plus...worth spending the extra $$$ to me.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm BBBAAAACCCKKKK!!! Bad news...they had ZERO minis! Good news, I was able to see a standard sized ProVari! Like everyone said (ya, ya, go ahead with the "I told you so's...") it was not heavy, manly nor scary. LOLOLOL!

They were out of the polished SS, but the guy there has one for himself and it is sweet but the satin one is awesome too. But, the damn chick in me prefers the mini because of the TEAR DROP pattern..ok, I said it. I like the stupid tear drops on the mini versus the squiggle line thing on the regular..don't get me wrong..a ProVari looks good even in the camo wrap the other guy had in there.

If anyone is trolling this thread thinking about a ProVari and just letting me ask all stupid questions...get it! Hands down the highest quality feeling mod they had in there. The others when you knock ur knuckles on the side of feel a little like tin cans. No comparison. Provari blows them away in the feel factor for quality..and yes, got to try it too..if the juice didn't suck, it would have been awesome. But the draw is smooth, operates like a dream. Solid, smooth..just WOW.

So I am ordering the mini w/extension. I bought two tanks from these guys cuz I felt bad taking their time and they were very knowledgable and one of the tanks I have no idea what it is, I'm sure it sucks, but it looks cool...purple of course. They tried to talk me into the standard Provari because after the extender, they're about the same size but a longer lasting batt can fit in the standard..damn tear drops..I have to have the tear drops. :facepalm:

Last edited:

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Yes, I think it is the Sonora. They do have a really pretty purple and blue swirled tip, and also a 1 inch tube type one that looks almost like mother of pearl with a purple/lavender rim around the top.....really pretty. It is in the resin section along with a couple other possibilities. Maybe worth a look see. :)

Pretty! Isn't that "Sonora" or something like that? I looked on the site for Susan the other night, but they didn't have any that looked ProVari Purple.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
That looks great!! I like the little dash of turquoise.

Ocelot has been helping me to try to find something to match the purple. It's a difficult color.

View attachment 265051 View attachment 265053

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread