This Is Getting Serious. Need AVE Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Verdi, NV
In my search for a Boba's substitute while AVE is down I found a great juice that I am VERY happy with.

It will definitely be a regular order for me: Dark Honey Tobacco Ecigarette Refill with WTA Red Tail Vapor

WOW this stuff rocks! A little pricey but quite frankly I don't mind!

Just so you know I have tried quite a few tobacco-based juices while searching for a replacement for my rapidly diminishing Boba's supply (HHV Legend, Sludge, Heavenly Army, Dragon Fire, Serendipity, Vermillion Rivers Kentucky Applewood, Kentucky Cherrywood, Kentucky Vanilla Blend, Velvet Cloud Vapor White Beard... and many tobacco flavors from FSUSA, MFS) Many of these are very good; but for me, not as good as Boba's. I also just received but have not yet tried Dorky Stud from VapeTrik.

If you are a Boba's fan you just might like this stuff. It's not the same but it's got a delicious not-too-sweet honey flavor over tobacco. Awesome vapor and throat hit. I'm impressed. Even when Boba's is back I'll keep vaping this stuff.

Also it is infused with WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) which is supposed to help with tobacco cravings! It is 70/30 VG/PG blend. Enough VG to get that vapor and be thick and delicious.

I'm a fan (in case you can't tell)!

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Sorry all. I tried the puppy threat and it didn't work. I guess it's time to wok the dog.

800px-Wok_Cooking.jpg

Holy crap! Really liking the Huntsman!
First I did this morning at 8am was check the AVE site, saw that its now open but closed due to order limits reached. Typical!
Made my coffee, went to the mail box trying to figure what to vape (all out of anything by AVE), and saw to my surprise, my HHV order. Ridiculously fast shipping! My order based on your recommendations, Huntsman, Dark Horse, Legend, & Heavenly Army. I don't think they make Sludge anymore. I'm vaping Huntsman (with a fresh coil i made just for the occasion) for a day to give it a good chance. So far, very good. Oh look, my provari mini just smiled at me! I'm gonna go back & give a "likes" to all you guys (if that really means anything). Thanks again.

cctex

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
I've been out of boba's for about 6 weeks. I have been trying other vendors tobacco flavored juice and was getting ready to order some BB when the site went down. HHV has some good juices and Halo has some ok ones. On a whim I ordered a sample of Kringles Kurse from Halo and really like it. I'm pretty sure I will be alternating between that and BB when it is available. BB is still my ATF juice but I'll probably wait about a week to let the feeding frenzy settle before trying to order more when they open.

Tried copper creek stuff a while back. Most are too sweat. I really like their coffee but it clogs up my coil real quick. Don't know why but their stuff makes me cough after a while. Probably because my rebuildable gets gunked up more quickly than any other juice I have and I take too long before I do a burn or refresh my set up. I do recall if I'm using a genesis style ss mesh, copper creek coffee cakes up in half a day's worth I vaping or less. I'd get longer vape time using my silica wick rebuildable but by the end of the day or maybe the second day, I'd get that tickle in the back of my throat and start coughing. Backwoods brew is my favorite after BB & Raf (smoke, mental, & capachino - generally stick to Tabaco like flavors) but they're not an all day vape & very different from AVE. thanks for the suggestion.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Tried copper creek stuff a while back. Most are too sweat. I really like their coffee but it clogs up my coil real quick. Don't know why but their stuff makes me cough after a while. Probably because my rebuildable gets gunked up more quickly than any other juice I have and I take too long before I do a burn or refresh my set up. I do recall if I'm using a genesis style ss mesh, copper creek coffee cakes up in half a day's worth I vaping or less. I'd get longer vape time using my silica wick rebuildable but by the end of the day or maybe the second day, I'd get that tickle in the back of my throat and start coughing. Backwoods brew is my favorite after BB & Raf (smoke, mental, & capachino - generally stick to Tabaco like flavors) but they're not an all day vape & very different from AVE. thanks for the suggestion.
I've been getting a tickle too from their house blend. At first I thought I was getting sick but its been a month and I still haven't got sick I just have the tickle and coughing spells. Mine has pg in it too but normally I'm ok with that so I'm not sure.

Its not the PG. there is PG in Backwoods Brew and I never get that cough with them, only copper creek. I thought it was the atomizer gunking up so quickly but come to think of it, copper creek always makes me cough, its just worst with a dirty atomizer, which happens quickly with copper creek. Thats why I stay away from them. Damn, I really miss BB & Raf. HHV is good but not quite there. So far Huntsman is OK but gets kinda sweatish after vaping for a while. Legend is too liquorish like, too candyish. Tomorrow is another day.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Holy crap! Really liking the Huntsman!
First I did this morning at 8am was check the AVE site, saw that its now open but closed due to order limits reached. Typical!
Made my coffee, went to the mail box trying to figure what to vape (all out of anything by AVE), and saw to my surprise, my HHV order. Ridiculously fast shipping! My order based on your recommendations, Huntsman, Dark Horse, Legend, & Heavenly Army. I don't think they make Sludge anymore. I'm vaping Huntsman (with a fresh coil i made just for the occasion) for a day to give it a good chance. So far, very good. Oh look, my provari mini just smiled at me! I'm gonna go back & give a "likes" to all you guys (if that really means anything). Thanks again.

Let the Huntsman steep for a few weeks, it will develop some delicious creamy caramel notes as well, quite a great juice! :)

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Reading back through... Hmmm... did anyone find a really good Boba's clone (not DIY, I'm just not into that)?

I would love to try this and GJ, but I'm honestly not sure I want to deal with the drama that is AVE. Reading back through this forum is disheartening, between the downtime and the credit card issues and the downtime and the out of stock and the downtime. LOL. I like my juice drama free. Or as drama free as possible.

GwenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reading back through... Hmmm... did anyone find a really good Boba's clone (not DIY, I'm just not into that)?

I would love to try this and GJ, but I'm honestly not sure I want to deal with the drama that is AVE. Reading back through this forum is disheartening, between the downtime and the credit card issues and the downtime and the out of stock and the downtime. LOL. I like my juice drama free. Or as drama free as possible.

Candy,

People have many different tastes, opinions, and interests. It's what makes the human population diverse and varied, and makes life more interesting. Since people have different opinions, no one will like everything. However, some people can be opinionated, to the point of creating drama.

This liquid gold has such a dedicated following that when it became unavailable it was almost as if some were literally jonesing. That, in addition to the credit card thing (which I don't believe was their fault) and numerous closings in the past, created quite a small rift amongst the diehard AVE customer base and the general e-liquid customer base. Most of whom were looking for answers and/or venting their frustration.

In the case of AVE, you will not find a better juice in my opinion. Now, I will be the first to admit that I raved like I was coo-coo-for-cocoa-puffs when my cards got hit and then couldn't get my hands on my husbands precious Bobas but most of my comments have been out of frustration and to poke fun.

In reality, you will probably love something they have to offer. I personally an not a Bobas or GJ fan. I actually sold my GJ on classifieds but am looking forward to getting my hands on some sweetarts (and Bobas for my man).

From what I have read, they are good people and prior to the credit card fiasco, I never had a problem with ordering, shipping was fast, and product quality was stellar.

Hopefully the credit cards issues and open times will be fixed and everything 'gon be irie.

Gwen :vapor:

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
I just got some Bounty hunter from NLV. To me it just tastes like vanilla. I also got Vanilla Strait in my order and they taste very similar. Is this how it's supposed to taste?

I think so.
It's funny, I just got bounty hunter for the first time and I was saying the same thing.
So far I have tried ALL the so called "similar to BB juices" and they are just making me miss BB more and more....
And I'm not saying that any of those juices are horrible, they just didn't WOW me. I often wonder if I had tried them first if they would have been my ADV, but I didn't, so they are not.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread