This Is Getting Serious. Need AVE Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackleg

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Tennessee
I may have found my bobas replacement. Harleys blend and/or Calamity Jane from Rocket Fuel Vapes. While neither really taste like bobas both are similiar juices in that they are unique and complex. Rocket Blend is another really good one from them. To me most juices besides Bobas all taste pretty much the same. All of the above don't fit in that catergory. In my opinion any of those three juices are as good or better than Bobas.

I may have found my bobas replacement. Harleys blend and/or Calamity Jane from Rocket Fuel Vapes.

I agree, though I was never a huge fan of BB... tasted like hazel nut to me...

Rocket Fuel Vapes has really come through for me on juice. I've gone from a Butter Rum ADV (Love Copper Creek as well) to Ol River, which used to be called Deadwood before I placed their first order.. 60mls of it. I've vaped through that and Im hooked. Such a flavorful juice that I find myself craving. Especially now that it's called Ol River.

Im really looking forward to seeing what these guys have in store... they are really open to new flavor ideas.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Wow. I hope this country never has to go through another depression where everything is in short supply. A lot of you would lose your minds or worse. :laugh:

Reading the updates, I am floored at how demanding and rude some of the customers seem to be.

Childish behavior wah! I can't get what I want when I want it. I guess it startled me that people are this "inflexible".

I agree if this sends you into crazy, what would people do if there was a REAL crisis going on?

(I sure would NOT want to be on the receiving end of some of the communications AVE receives. )

If you like something, you buy it. If you don't like something about a product, the business practices, etc. then you don't buy it. Consumerism is very simple that way.
If you decide to forgive-and-forget, then you patiently wait it out because that was your decision.

Everyone has CHOICE. At least, until there is a real crisis in the world where you live. Ask the people in Moore OK if they would be whining about not being able to get a bottle of eliquid.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would love to try this and GJ, but I'm honestly not sure I want to deal with the drama that is AVE. Reading back through this forum is disheartening, between the downtime and the credit card issues and the downtime and the out of stock and the downtime. LOL. I like my juice drama free. Or as drama free as possible.

Candy, I walk by businesses all the time that are renovating, etc. They are closed for a while, and we wait for them to open the doors again, whether it be a restaurant, a hair salon, a grocery store, whatever. In the meantime, we shop at other places. Sometimes they don't meet their construction/renovation schedule or we have bad weather like the floods we had here in AR recently, and then you just wait a little more. This is normal everyday stuff if you walk around the town / city you live in. I went thru gasoline rationing back in the 70s, energy crisises in countries where the entire grid goes down at least 5 hours every day, etc.

The only DRAMA that is happening with AVE --------- has been created by the customers.

And by the way, I love Boba's Bounty. I stay flexible and when it's available again I'll get some. In the meantime, most people I know have way bigger problems than not being able to buy one specific ejuice.

Last edited:

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Candy, I walk by businesses all the time that are renovating, etc. They are closed for a while, and we wait for them to open the doors again, whether it be a restaurant, a hair salon, a grocery store, whatever. In the meantime, we shop at other places. Sometimes they don't meet their construction/renovation schedule or we have bad weather like the floods we had here in AR recently, and then you just wait a little more. This is normal everyday stuff if you walk around the town / city you live in. I went thru gasoline rationing back in the 70s, energy crisises in countries where the entire grid goes down at least 5 hours every day, etc.

The only DRAMA that is happening with AVE --------- has been created by the customers.

And by the way, I love Boba's Bounty. I stay flexible and when it's available again I'll get some. In the meantime, most people I know have way bigger problems than not being able to buy one specific ejuice.

We will agree to disagree. I think their handling of this situation has been sub-par. Maybe I'm biased because, as a successful business owner myself, I know how important customer communication and service is.

I really hope that nothing has happened to them personally - a promised update due a week ago without a really good explanation really isn't okay.

Having said that, they're being torn apart both here and FB and I hope they are able to recover. Without being able to even browse their product line when they're "closed due to availability" kind of sucks. I think I'll take my business elsewhere until they have actual product available without having to sit on their site waiting for the ten minute window.

I get most of my juice from a shop in Moore that also has an online store, the tornado leveled the place, but I still got my juice that was ordered the morning of the tornado. That's why this ave fiasco is a bit frustrating, my store get blown away by tornado, I still get my juice, ave has website probs closes down for months.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
I get most of my juice from a shop in Moore that also has an online store, the tornado leveled the place, but I still got my juice that was ordered the morning of the tornado. That's why this ave fiasco is a bit frustrating, my store get blown away by tornado, I still get my juice, ave has website probs closes down for months.

Wow! That's dedication! :)
I think even the toughest customers would give a place that got blown away by a tornado a pass. I hope they are ok, and stay in business. We need more businesses that value their customers to that extent (although this example is a bit extreme!).

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
We will agree to disagree. I think their handling of this situation has been sub-par. Maybe I'm biased because, as a successful business owner myself, I know how important customer communication and service is.

I really hope that nothing has happened to them personally - a promised update due a week ago without a really good explanation really isn't okay.

Candy, I don't love the business model. We are actually not really in disagreement. It's just that as a consumer, it is really easy for me to decide to stay or walk away. That is a decision I can make.

Customers who decide they really want a product, under the present conditions, or whatever conditions, and then harp on and criticize the vendor they have made a decison to stick with, just makes no sense to me. When a business doesn't treat me right, or doesn't meet my schedule or needs, I just move on.

No drama is necessary.

Like you, I will not be waiting to hit the order button during a 12 minute time frame early in the morning. Then again, not being able to get a particular e-juice doesn't send me into a tailspin........yet it seems to have had that affect on some of the customers.

With a click of a button, I can be ordering juice from over 100 other vendors. :2cool: And will count on at least 40 of them to have equally distressing practices, or just poor product. I'm not going to be sending them emails berating them. I'm just going to move on.

Hank, that's pretty neat about the store in Moore----talk about "the show must go on."

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I've been abused by Phillip Morris for over 20 years (remember fire safe paper?) and I have never been mistreated by any ecig vendor in the same way I have been by Marlboros. For some of us we get locked into a certain flavor or brand and it becomes our all-day-vape. One of my best friends has been vaping twice as long as me and he's not a fan of having an ADV, like you, he mixes it up. Because our taste changes in time, etc. And like you, and other smart shoppers, if he's not satisfied with customer service he takes his money elseware. I also met former smokers who said they just quit tobacco when the price went up a dollar per pack. My reaction was, wow..thats all it took??

I feel like I was in Racehorse's camp back when the first few waves of the Z Atty Pro were released on provape. Infact it fascinated me how something so difficult to aquire was so popular. Then I got one (incidently, same time I scored my first order of BB) and started to understand why.

RHP

Last edited:

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Racehorse,

I do agree that there's been a lot of unnecessary drama here in the AVE forums as of late, but I do have to disagree about the point you are making about the B&M stores. AVE does not offer a generic service that can be easily replaced such as a grocery store or gas station. AVE offers a very specific product that is currently in high demand. In today's economy a lot of companies live and die by customer service. I personally work in an industry where a single missed update to one of my customers can result in a loss of a multimillion dollar contract. When it comes to online business, communication is even more crucial to your customers. If AVE sold something generic such as gasoline or light bulbs that all this drama would not be taking place. All its customers would have already moved on to another retailer that can keep its doors open or at least communicate the status of the business on a regular and timely fashion.

With that being said, I do really appreciate AVE's products and hope that everything works out. As in my earlier talking point I mentioned that they do make a unique product which cannot be found anywhere else, but at the end of the day, if I need to, I am prepared to take my business elsewhere if necessary.

~BW

Having said that, they're being torn apart both here and FB and I hope they are able to recover. Without being able to even browse their product line when they're "closed due to availability" kind of sucks. I think I'll take my business elsewhere until they have actual product available without having to sit on their site waiting for the ten minute window.

Last edited:

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Like you, I will not be waiting to hit the order button during a 12 minute time frame early in the morning. Then again, not being able to get a particular e-juice doesn't send me into a tailspin........yet it seems to have had that affect on some of the customers.

With a click of a button, I can be ordering juice from over 100 other vendors. :2cool: And will count on at least 40 of them to have equally distressing practices, or just poor product. I'm not going to be sending them emails berating them. I'm just going to move on.

Agreed. I stumbled across some BB in the classifieds last night so I'll get to try it at least (along with MM 710), so we'll see if I like it, but I haven't tried it yet so who knows. LOL

We'll see what happens with AVE. I get a sinking feeling they might be on the way out - but it sounds like they'd be smart to set up distributor agreements at this point if everyone is THIS up in arms about their product. Who knows, maybe they are using this time to up their manufacturing process and get their web store truly operational :)

Good thoughts for those of you heavily jonesing!

Glad I started this thread. Points of few are very interesting. I was lucky enough to squeezed in an order of BB's (100ml bottle) just in time for a 2 week family vacation. (just nervous about getting my stuff on the plane). It arrived on the same day as my tobacco sample pack from Velvet Cloud Vapor. Although they all need steeping, I've tried only 2 of the Velvet Cloud stuff and I really like White Beard; its got that earthy tobacco taste of BB; possible all day vape. I got fed up with HHV really quick they all have this licourish/lavandar/candy like taste that wont go away. Velvet Cloud Vapor is very promising, its got that natural tobacco stuff in it. Can't wait to individually try all the samples I got while on vacation.

Yeah, I'm ...... at AVE too. But as someone said above, I'm determined to find a good replacement so that I'm not at their mercy. Variety is the spice of life.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Glad I started this thread. Points of few are very interesting. I was lucky enough to squeezed in an order of BB's (100ml bottle) just in time for a 2 week family vacation. (just nervous about getting my stuff on the plane). It arrived on the same day as my tobacco sample pack from Velvet Cloud Vapor. Although they all need steeping, I've tried only 2 of the Velvet Cloud stuff and I really like White Beard; its got that earthy tobacco taste of BB; possible all day vape. I got fed up with HHV really quick they all have this licourish/lavandar/candy like taste that wont go away. Velvet Cloud Vapor is very promising, its got that natural tobacco stuff in it. Can't wait to individually try all the samples I got while on vacation.

Yeah, I'm ...... at AVE too. But as someone said above, I'm determined to find a good replacement so that I'm not at their mercy. Variety is the spice of life.
What about the plane? You mean you can't fly with it? Or you are worried it will mess up the juice? I don't think you will have any problem. I hope not anyway; but these days nothing would surprise me. I was sending juice to someone and the postal woman acted like it couldn't go through the mail. I'm like: how do you think it got to me then ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread