MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
Holy crap! Really liking the Huntsman!
First I did this morning at 8am was check the AVE site, saw that its now open but closed due to order limits reached. Typical!
Made my coffee, went to the mail box trying to figure what to vape (all out of anything by AVE), and saw to my surprise, my HHV order. Ridiculously fast shipping! My order based on your recommendations, Huntsman, Dark Horse, Legend, & Heavenly Army. I don't think they make Sludge anymore. I'm vaping Huntsman (with a fresh coil i made just for the occasion) for a day to give it a good chance. So far, very good. Oh look, my provari mini just smiled at me! I'm gonna go back & give a "likes" to all you guys (if that really means anything). Thanks again.

Make sure you give those HHV juices a good steep. They all need about 2 weeks to start and continue to get better and better the longer they go.

Legend is my absolute favorite followed by Dragons Fire. Both are all day capes for me

The do still have Sludge too :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
Also does anyone let NLV juices steep or are they already steeped? The bottle says born 5/2013 but I'm not sure if it still needs a week with the cap off.

I go 2 days with caps and droppers off then recap and shake daily

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
I love Heather's Heavenly Vapes tobacco flavors. Legend and Huntsman are both popular, and those flavors, along with several others of theirs, use Naturally Extracted Tobacco flavors (NETs). They are amazing, give them a shot. I'm vaping their Sludge right now. I know the name is disconcerting, but the flavor is awesome!

they are not amazing, i ordered Legend, Dragon something and something else, shadow maybe, all pretty boring plain jane gross juice

MwSlim

Slumerican
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Livonia, MI
and ..., why sell juice that needs steeping without steeping it for us, nothing like buying something only to get it and then have to wait a couple weeks to even use it

Because its mixed to order. Legend and dragons fire, to me, are far better than Bobas or GJ after they have been steeped. Far better.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Don't let people divert your opinion, Michael. I too despised HHV juices, and I'm confident that it had nothing to do with being fresh/steeped.

You can steep a terrible juice for months, and it'll still be a terrible juice.

Now, I suppose I should make mention that everyone tastes differently, opinions, and the sort.

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
I'm curious for the people who don't like HHV, what places do you like and which juice? Heathers Heavenly Vapes is in my top 5 I've tried so far.

I have been a Boba's and Gorilla Juice junky for nearly a year now. It never gets old and I have yet to find anything remotely close to holding up to me not getting tired of it day after day.
HHV to me, were too bitter or didn't really have a tobacco flavor whatsoever, and I have let a few steep, but in my eyes, steeping is also subjective. They weren't horrible and I can see how they get great reviews, just not my thing...
I have tried just about all the raved about tobacco recommendations just for the times like this, and still looking.
I have been without BB and GJ for well over a month now and cannot wait for that first tank full.
I actually forgot what they smell and taste like.......

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I'm curious for the people who don't like HHV, what places do you like and which juice? Heathers Heavenly Vapes is in my top 5 I've tried so far.

I've tried, very much literally, over 200+ juices made from, well, you name it. Believe me, I tried to like HHV juice. I wanted to like them. They're using an ingredient in a number of their juices that makes me ill. Not an ingredient reaction, no, like the taste is making me gag. The overall quality doesn't seem to be there... for me. If you like 'em, by all means, buy it by the gallon, and vape yourself into vape paradise filled with vapegasims.

From the companies I've tried, I liked a lot of creations throughout the years. To name all of the ones I enjoyed would be silly, as I did like a lot of 'em. Did I like them enough as to merit consistent re-purchasing of the juice? Very seldom this would be the case. Chronologically:

Chocolate covered Strawberry - BomBay Vaping
Malty Toffee - Backwoods Brew
Boba's Bounty - Alien Visions

Boba's Bounty is the only juice that I've been able to vape all day, every day, for months. The others I had to mix it up from time to time. Due to the lack of production of this juice that I, as many others have become so dependent on, I decided to move on to the next step, making my own. That is, rather than continuing to purchase from vendor after vendor, to find some good juices, but mostly mediocre blends that I can make myself, if not better.

So, here I am, making my own. I dare say, I do make a few juices that are quite decent, that is to say, they're very vapeable for me, and I've been surviving without Boba's. However, relatively recently, I've lucked into buying a few 30ml bottles from AVE, and my dependency has been renewed.

I truly believe that AVE is using a tobacco extract, and HHV admits that they do. This causes me to believe that this is one reasoning many people revert to HHV from AVE, because they find HHV's juice satisfying, much like they did with AVE's. My juices lack such an extract, and though they have nicotine, they don't always hit the spot, so to speak, as Boba's Bounty can/did.

Sorry for the rant, but there you have it. Just one opinion from one dude that despises HHV's juices (that I've tried), but loves Boba's Bounty.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I haven't tried HHV....I'll just be up front about that.

I prefer tobacco based juice....with hints of caramel, vanilla, etc....Boba's is my fav so far...

But, a good RY4 is a brilliant juice. It's what I'm vaping now and what I go to if not vaping Boba's. There are many vendors with RY4 and there's a HUGE thread here with a very detailed comparison and rankings. I'm vaping Smokeless Image's RY4. It's good stuff!

I'm not big on fruity juice....however, I do enjoy some offerings from Alice in Vapeland....namely White Rabbit (coconut) and Twas Brillig (blackberry)....Zombie Apocalypse (strawberry) is good too. They can mix in any proportion VG/PG you wish, just ask for it. If you require 100% VG they can and will do it.

The only caveat to AIV....they only open Tuesday night through about lunch Wednesday morning when they reach capacity....and it will take a full 2 weeks to get your order. So you have to plan ahead and order your juice accordingly. It's worth it though. AIV is a premium outfit and everything is top notch. When you get your vapemail from them you'll understand why it took so long.

cctex

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Just got some juice from TPR. It's very good (Candied Cavendish) but took about 10 days and their site is closed now catching up on orders. This might become a trend on the more popular juice vendors or they can run it like Ben does. Either way I can deal with it, just takes a little planning.
TPR also included a sample bottle of another juice. Always have appreciated that when vendors do that.

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al

Of course these are all my own personal opinions. I do not mean to upset any one, just stating my own experience.

Tried Ga Peach, Huntsman, Legend, and Dark Horse. Ga peach was the only one I liked. The rest just weren't good. I could never finish a tank of them. If you were to ask me now, what it was about them I didn't like, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I've been through so many others, it kinda just all blends into the "never again" category, and I move on.

As for who I do like, that is a very short list:
Ave of course, Boba's Bounty is my all day every day.
Good Life Vapor El Kamino mixed with clone #7
Alice in Vapeland (90% VG) - A Quiet Morning

There it is. That's it. I would probably pass out if someone showed me a receipt of how much I have spent searching.

There used to be a few others, but my tastes changed, and I no longer like them. Butterscotch in particular comes to mind. When I first started vaping, butterscotch and Ms. T's Vanilla Custard were wonderful. Now, those same flavors make me gag. The vanilla custard is really, really, awful. Again, my own personal experience, and bear in mind this used to be my adv.

The crazy part is, when it comes to food, I like everything. I am the least pickiest person to dine with. There are only a few drinks I don't like the taste of. (RC Cola, Root Beer, pre packaged tea). Why can't I find an agreeable ejuice? I just don't dig em. It is very frustrating too, because I know I like the flavors when I order them. Who doesn't like fruit and candy? Why is it so different when I vape them? Does the nicotine taint what I would, in any other format, enjoy? It may have been addressed somewhere before, but I have never thought to question it.

I hope everyone finds what they are looking for. It's been a struggle here. :(

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
I haven't tried HHV....I'll just be up front about that.

I prefer tobacco based juice....with hints of caramel, vanilla, etc....Boba's is my fav so far...

But, a good RY4 is a brilliant juice. It's what I'm vaping now and what I go to if not vaping Boba's. There are many vendors with RY4 and there's a HUGE thread here with a very detailed comparison and rankings. I'm vaping Smokeless Image's RY4. It's good stuff!

I'm not big on fruity juice....however, I do enjoy some offerings from Alice in Vapeland....namely White Rabbit (coconut) and Twas Brillig (blackberry)....Zombie Apocalypse (strawberry) is good too. They can mix in any proportion VG/PG you wish, just ask for it. If you require 100% VG they can and will do it.

The only caveat to AIV....they only open Tuesday night through about lunch Wednesday morning when they reach capacity....and it will take a full 2 weeks to get your order. So you have to plan ahead and order your juice accordingly. It's worth it though. AIV is a premium outfit and everything is top notch. When you get your vapemail from them you'll understand why it took so long.

I'm with you on the ry4 Fred. It's what got me off smokes for good. I like mine on the sweet side with mostly tobacco and caramel. If you are into ry4 then I can't recommend anything other than maddcatt vapors ryw4. William is the guy who makes it and I can say for sure it's excellent. It was my adv before Boba's bounty. I've gone back to it a few times since then but my bottles are all old now but it's still good.
http://www.shop.maddcattvapors.com/MaddCatt-RyW4-TT-MCRW4.htm

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
.... If you are into ry4 then I can't recommend anything other than maddcatt vapors ryw4. ...

Thanks! I've got 1 unopened bottle of SI's RY4 left...so when re-order time comes I'll try Maddcatt......were they ranked in the big RY4 thread here?

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Because its mixed to order. Legend and dragons fire, to me, are far better than Bobas or GJ after they have been steeped. Far better.

Ew lol, I think it's your taste buds that aren't working. HHV is okay but not even close to the level of gorilla juice. Taste may be subjective but that statement was pure craziness!

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread