This place has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Kind of a rant here so bring on the red x's.

But this morning while looking around the site I was bombarded by ads for products that are illegal in my state. Not outside ads but ads here in the site.

B54452-DF-D5-A6-4-A42-A319-7943-B6-D6-CAF1.jpg

It looks like the predictions may be coming true. That this forum will become another stoner site.

5-D7999-ED-0103-43-E1-97-D7-3-A39266-C075-D.jpg

Seriously?

So now anybody can click on an ad HERE and buy this stuff? C'mon ECF.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Kind of a rant here so bring on the red x's.

But this morning while looking around the site I was bombarded by ads for products that are illegal in my state. Not outside ads but ads here in the site.

B54452-DF-D5-A6-4-A42-A319-7943-B6-D6-CAF1.jpg

It looks like the predictions may be coming true. That this forum will become another stoner site.

5-D7999-ED-0103-43-E1-97-D7-3-A39266-C075-D.jpg

Seriously?

So now anybody can click on an ad HERE and buy this stuff? C'mon ECF.

Yeah... that "Family and Work Friendly" theme of the ECF has definitely changed.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah... that "Family and Work Friendly" theme of the ECF has definitely changed.
    Y'know, I didn't think about that before. ECF needs to get a handle on this. Legal or not, these ads should not be shown here for various reasons.

ECF may be owned by a UK-based company, but there is no doubt this is essentially a US site. Dominated by US participants.

MJ is still illegal on a federal level in the USA, IIRC.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Y'know, I didn't think about that before. ECF needs to get a handle on this. Legal or not, these ads should not be shown here for various reasons.

It's kinda a Catch-22.

The ECF probably doesn't take in what it Needs from Supporting Members. So it Needs Advertising Monies. But everything is going to Change soon e-Cigarette-wise. So it has to look for Alternative Markets.

I wish the ECF had spun of another Forum. Maybe the THCCF? And then offered to give Existing ECF Members the same Membership status in the New forum as they have here. That way there would have been some Insulation between the Two Market segments.

But I'm sure this was all Considered/Discussed months ago.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I wonder, how many more supporting members would it take for ECF not to rely on ad money? Is it feasible?

I don't have a clue.
    The closest I have heard is that the costs of running this site are huge.
    I'm not on a need to know basis for this :)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't care who ads for what, honestly but I support the site. Anything's legal SOMEWHERE. I mean, this site could advertise Thai child brides for all I care.

As long as I am not subjected to an infomercial, I don't care. I have never, ever bought something as the result of an infomercial (the ped egg in particular comes to mind) but my kid LOVED infomercials and like, watches them for fun. I have bought many a more useless thing than CBD oil, which not gonna lie, don't do much for me PERSONALLY.
    If I could legally buy a Thai child bride on the other hand.... bring it on.

It would make ZERO difference how many supporting members there were, because this forum is tied to a site where the owner makes money. Which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, however he chooses to do so. EVERYONE could become a supporting member and the however many folk who lurk would still see the ads, and if it were more profit for the site owner, so much the better for him. Etc.

I support because I want to, not because I care much about the ads. Sites do that this is what they do and whether it's a giant hunk of dope or like, a lovely new RTA I do not much care.

MJ is part of the forum now but there are a jillion threads on here that DO NOT mention it.
    Annna

Reactions: Falconeer

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    It makes no difference to me on the ads, but it does really go against the family/work friendly site ECF has always said it is, hence why people can't cuss and no rude photos.

Know I wouldn't want to be at work on a break and have ECF open with them sort of ads showing, or in front of my children either.

But guess just like the government fight against E-cigs, it all comes down to money, and guess ECF needs the money, so things change to make it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread