Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm only getting adverts for pods :cry:

I know I've lived a sheltered life, and I didn't even know you could vape THC until ppl started getting ill from it, but how does the advertising gods know that?!
The advertising gods know where you live (at least roughly, based on IP address) and they target ads somewhat accordingly.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    No, sorry, you're wrong.
    I moved it to the proper Forum.
    I also tagged @low_tar_neil in our staff chat area so he can chime in (probably Monday)

I don’t think United States was replying to you... I think it was about the ad blocker.
    I guess you could be thinkin' right, @DeloresRose. Actually the context of United States' post would be more correct for an 'ad-blocker' post, but it was made right after classwife's post.. I think I'll now remove the 'X' on his post, but hers is still a 'winner' in my book, since the thread was moved to the correct forum.

• Love
    Reactions: DeloresRose

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    I wonder, how many more supporting members would it take for ECF not to rely on ad money? Is it feasible?
    About 100 would do it, to be honest, we'll look at making more effort here.

As I said in the other thread, the nicotine specific advertisers have completely dried up. I know it's not ideal and I'm working on getting more vape companies to come back to it, but it's not as easy as it used to be.

If anyone has a real problem, I will see if I can figure out a technical solution that can stop you from seeing these ads, please DM me and I'll do my best.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    I dont see the ads, but im dissapointed (after 2 years away) to see people discussing what are essentially illegal drugs in most sane countries, any mention of dope is frowned upon in most vaping forums and people like the point of difference, not being dumped in with stoners. Once you let the stoners free reign you lose people who are simply looking for help and support trying to quit an addiction and improve their health ...why present them with an alternate addiction that will also adversely affect their health? Make no sense to me. Is it a forum for e-cigarettes or stoners...

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    About 100 would do it, to be honest, we'll look at making more effort here.

As I said in the other thread, the nicotine specific advertisers have completely dried up. I know it's not ideal and I'm working on getting more vape companies to come back to it, but it's not as easy as it used to be.

If anyone has a real problem, I will see if I can figure out a technical solution that can stop you from seeing these ads, please DM me and I'll do my best.

Only 100? Start a drive thread, Post a link to sign up, show a countdown of how many more we need! I bet you could sign up that many by the end of the week! Let’s do this!

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
    Admin
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Only 100? Start a drive thread, Post a link to sign up, show a countdown of how many more we need! I bet you could sign up that many by the end of the week! Let’s do this!
    Sorry I miscalculated, I forgot they were yearly payments, so it would be 100 per month, my bad. :(

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Honestly I used to subscribe but in the middle of financial woes atm so not keen on subscribing.

After May, I'm not even sure what will happen to the vaping industry as a whole, so I'm worried about the necessity of having to couch everything in stoner language - a language that is foreign to me - at that time.

Like, will we start having to buy drug friendly devices after May? What will they call them? Will we need to pretend our nicotine is actually CBD? How will we know if we're talking to stoners or real vapers?

Will I buy a CBD friendly mod only to find it doesn't even work with nicotine?

Lol.. the world we are about to enter is unknown... I'm worried I'll be lost there and may be better off staying away from it..

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It's kinda a Catch-22.

The ECF probably doesn't take in what it Needs from Supporting Members. So it Needs Advertising Monies. But everything is going to Change soon e-Cigarette-wise. So it has to look for Alternative Markets.

I wish the ECF had spun of another Forum. Maybe the THCCF? And then offered to give Existing ECF Members the same Membership status in the New forum as they have here. That way there would have been some Insulation between the Two Market segments.

But I'm sure this was all Considered/Discussed months ago.
    Wouldn't that be expensive? Plus they'd have to recruit more mods.

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread