• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This year's MI Vaper's BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostfunctional

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Detroit
On The Rocks on John R between 12 and 13 mile has always been fine with our vaping. If we come up with a time when they're not really busy I think Dave, the owner, would be fine with a bunch of vapers getting together. Pretty big menu and normally some drink specials too.

I'd be in for this. I'm just 7 miles north of there.

almostfunctional

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Detroit
Yes, it would be really nice to attend a vape meet a few miles from home. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

I really need to be around vapers as I am back to smoking full time and vaping too. I feel so very pathetic.

I'm struggling myself. I'm only about a month into my vaping voyage. About 30 juices and only a few I really like. I have been clean since Sunday though.

If love to have a juice tasting swap so I can figure out what else I enjoy.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Yes, it would be really nice to attend a vape meet a few miles from home. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

I really need to be around vapers as I am back to smoking full time and vaping too. I feel so very pathetic.

I'm struggling myself. I'm only about a month into my vaping voyage. About 30 juices and only a few I really like. I have been clean since Sunday though.

Guy's I have been vaping for well over 3 years now and I was a hard core smoker! I have always used a higher volume of nicotine(3.2/3.6mg) which has kept me straight. No ill effects either. The fun/tastey juices are a gimmick,try menthols,they will replicate the sensations you associate with smoking. Don't feel bad if you fall off the wagon,many do!

Stay the course!
:)Wiz!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

We need to have a meet then. I am still holding the "swap" bag full of juices. Sounds like you'd like to go through it almostfunctional.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
tippyclub...where are you? Do I need to pay you a visit? :laugh:
Don't feel pathetic. Tell me what problems you're having switching over to vaping. Hope I can give you some tips and make things a bit easier on you.

No visit needed but thanks for the offer. I will be attending this upcoming meet June 30th but this time there will be no drinking on my part until I get a full understanding of vaping and all its variables.

I'm having many problems vaping but this will be discussed at the meet. My main problem is I love to smoke but I know I have to stop. I did it before with vaping and I know I can do it again.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all June 30th.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I talked with the owner of On The Rocks and he's fine with us getting together on Saturday June 30. He offered to have some drink specials for the vaping crew as well. They've got space to handle anything from a half dozen to a few dozen so we're good to go. He asked for a rough head count, and so far we've already got about a dozen vapers if we can wrestle Mist and Cozzi from their lairs.

I'm thinking roughly 2 - 6pm would cover us as a timeframe but would like to know what works best for everybody. I know it's short notice but I hope we can put the word out and have a little fun.

I don't know if any vendors can be involved at this late date but if anybody's in touch with Jay at GLV or Jeff at Motor City Modz that would be great! I'm just looking forward to getting together, vaping and hanging out. What happens when the karaoke starts later is up to you!

If you can post if you're planning to come I'll get a rough number. I'll keep everybody posted (here) on the details as we get them ironed out. Anybody that has ideas, wants to contact other vendors or help keep this organized, just PM me.

We'll be vapin' in the D on June 30. It is so overdue!

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I talked with the owner of On The Rocks and he's fine with us getting together on Saturday June 30. He offered to have some drink specials for the vaping crew as well. They've got space to handle anything from a half dozen to a few dozen so we're good to go. He asked for a rough head count, and so far we've already got about a dozen vapers if we can wrestle Mist and Cozzi from their lairs.

I'm thinking roughly 2 - 6pm would cover us as a timeframe but would like to know what works best for everybody. I know it's short notice but I hope we can put the word out and have a little fun.

I don't know if any vendors can be involved at this late date but if anybody's in touch with Jay at GLV or Jeff at Motor City Modz that would be great! I'm just looking forward to getting together, vaping and hanging out. What happens when the karaoke starts later is up to you!

If you can post if you're planning to come I'll get a rough number. I'll keep everybody posted (here) on the details as we get them ironed out. Anybody that has ideas, wants to contact other vendors or help keep this organized, just PM me.

We'll be vapin' in the D on June 30. It is so overdue!

Consider me wrestled. My fiance may also attend... so that adds one possibly.

Yay!! A meet!!

Last edited:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Consider me wrestled. My fiance may also attend... so that adds one possibly.

Yay!! A meet!!
If your goin' then I better go too!:) I have to work that night but I don't go in until 7. 2:00-6:00 works for me!

Mist,Blake..........Make it happen! I can start a thread or two for some exposure since this is spur of the moment.

:)Wiz!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Let's see, would I go to a meet set up by 440? ......... Hells yeahs! I'll be there at 2:00 with juice bag in hand. It'll be nice to see the great and powerful OZ again. It's been a while. I should have my freshly veneered ProVari with matching veneered Phiniac tank to show off by then (it's in process now).
Sounds like fun.

Hey Supervape, you gonna be there? I still have a giant bottle of banana cream flavoring that you left over here.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I can make this if I don't have to work...I've been doing some commercial (painting) jobs that need to be done on weekends when the businesses are closed. It's about an hour from me, not bad.

tippyclubb, I was a hard core 3 PAD smoker and nothing, but NOTHING got me to stay quit in 37 years - and the first time I tried quitting was about 30 years ago and countless times since. I still smoke the occasional one, mostly bummed from the few people I know who still smoke - but I went from about 60 smokes per day to between zero and three, which is such major harm reduction I feel pretty damn good about it. "Progress not perfection." :) Give yourself credit!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Let's see, would I go to a meet set up by 440? ......... Hells yeahs! I'll be there at 2:00 with juice bag in hand. It'll be nice to see the great and powerful OZ again. It's been a while. I should have my freshly veneered ProVari with matching veneered Phiniac tank to show off by then (it's in process now).
Sounds like fun.

Hey Supervape, you gonna be there? I still have a giant bottle of banana cream flavoring that you left over here.
Show off........Yep,that you old friend!:) I look forward to seeing all of your new gear! Super happy that this event will be local and I can make it for once(or twice I guess)Hope Blake,Cart head and some of the other old timers can get there!

:)Wiz!(Banana Creme..........YUKKKKK!)

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Show off........Yep,that you old friend!:) I look forward to seeing all of your new gear! Super happy that this event will be local and I can make it for once(or twice I guess)Hope Blake,Cart head and some of the other old timers can get there!

:)Wiz!(Banana Creme..........YUKKKKK!)

Smells just like those peanut shaped, banana flavored leathery marshmallo candies (remember?).

almostfunctional

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Detroit
Sounds like fun.

I'm going to feel all inadequate with my lowly ego ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread