Thoughts and Prayers....need emotional support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
Unk is in the hospital again. A clot in his left leg that stretches from his groin to his knee. He is going down for an endoscopy tomorrow to make sure his ulcer is not an issue and if not, then will hopefully receive his TPA to break up the clot.

Tomorrow is or would have been my mom's 47th birthday. It is hard..

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
Positive vibes and prayers for Unk and you. Loosing one's Mother at any age is hard, but even more so for you with your Mother being so young. I will not say that it will get easier. The day to day yes, but my Mother has been gone 26 years--sometimes it is harder than it ever has been. Hugs to you.

"May You have an Angel on Your Shoulder"

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm new to this thread and still fairly new to the forum. I don't usually post my personal stuff but have found myself in need of some extra support and prayers. I have two children, a daughter age 11 and a son age 14. My son has Asperger's Syndrome (an autism spectrum disorder). My daughter has Tourette's Syndrome and Childhood Bipolar Disorder. While my son is doing pretty well at this point in his life due to very early intervention and a lot of treatment over the years for the autism, my daughter is not doing so well right now. She is currently on medication to stabilize her mood due to the bipolar and until recently on meds to keep the tics from the Tourettes under control. We had to take her off the meds for the Tourettes because it was causing her to have incontinence problems. Because of this the tics have returned. Due to her age, hormones and puberty, and the nature of bipolar, her meds are not working for her very well. She has uncontrollable rages (the mania side of bipolar) and despairing depressions that make her say she wants to kill herself. We have gone through 3 new med changes in the past several months and nothing has worked to stabilize her so far. She seems to be getting worse. Last week we changed meds again. My husband and I, along with her doctor have decided that if this one doesn't work in the next couple of weeks we will probably have to hospitalize her. She has severe seperation anxiety from me and I don't know how she would handle this but we are at the point we don't have much of a choice. I am afraid to leave her alone and am in agony over this because I can't make it better. My husband works 48 hour shifts so I have both kids alone a lot of the time and feel like I'm coming apart at the seams sometimes. I could definitely use some prayers, good vibes or whatever you could offer. Thank you for reading and letting me vent.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I am sorry to hear that tlmoody... as difficult as it can be for all involved, I can understand though why both you and the doctor are concerned enough to recommend a TEMPORARY solution of that nature. Bipolar can be extremely difficult for all people (including the people around the person with the disorder) to deal with. You and your family will be in my thoughts and I will try to send some positive vibes your way as well. Hopefully the solution you mentioned will not be necessary, but there are many different meds that can make life more manageable for your daughter if the right ones can be found. Hang in there! ((tlmoody))

I'm new to this thread and still fairly new to the forum. I don't usually post my personal stuff but have found myself in need of some extra support and prayers. I have two children, a daughter age 11 and a son age 14. My son has Asperger's Syndrome (an autism spectrum disorder). My daughter has Tourette's Syndrome and Childhood Bipolar Disorder. While my son is doing pretty well at this point in his life due to very early intervention and a lot of treatment over the years for the autism, my daughter is not doing so well right now. She is currently on medication to stabilize her mood due to the bipolar and until recently on meds to keep the tics from the Tourettes under control. We had to take her off the meds for the Tourettes because it was causing her to have incontinence problems. Because of this the tics have returned. Due to her age, hormones and puberty, and the nature of bipolar, her meds are not working for her very well. She has uncontrollable rages (the mania side of bipolar) and despairing depressions that make her say she wants to kill herself. We have gone through 3 new med changes in the past several months and nothing has worked to stabilize her so far. She seems to be getting worse. Last week we changed meds again. My husband and I, along with her doctor have decided that if this one doesn't work in the next couple of weeks we will probably have to hospitalize her. She has severe seperation anxiety from me and I don't know how she would handle this but we are at the point we don't have much of a choice. I am afraid to leave her alone and am in agony over this because I can't make it better. My husband works 48 hour shifts so I have both kids alone a lot of the time and feel like I'm coming apart at the seams sometimes. I could definitely use some prayers, good vibes or whatever you could offer. Thank you for reading and letting me vent.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Oh my, that is so much to try to comprehend happening, let alone to try to handle it all. You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers.
Please know that we are praying for you and yours, and that you are always free to vent/talk to us. We're right here when you need us.
(((HUGS)))

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
tlmoody, going through what you are dealing with is something that every parent fears, yet can relate to, even if not through experience. Im not good at comforting words or deeply philosophical anecdotes that will make you feel better. But I can say that my wife and I will be including you and your family in our prayers tonight. I dont know your religious views, nor do I feel it makes a difference in this case when I say, no matter what happens, do not lose your faith. Sometimes it can feel like that youve lost everything. But the opposite is true. As long as you hold on to your faith, you HAVE everything you need.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Please dont ever feel like you're alone. You can vent to us anytime you would like. Or if you dont want to throw it all over the interwebs, send me a PM. Im sure someone here could vouch for the fact Im a good listener and wont blab anything to anyone about something that no one needs to know about. My advice may be bit unorthodox, or even just goofy, but I can be a decent listener.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Please dont ever feel like you're alone. You can vent to us anytime you would like. Or if you dont want to throw it all over the interwebs, send me a PM. Im sure someone here could vouch for the fact Im a good listener and wont blab anything to anyone about something that no one needs to know about. My advice may be bit unorthodox, or even just goofy, but I can be a decent listener.

Thank you so much!!!

mfraz25

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2010
The Peach State
What time today Morgan? Please let us know when you get the chance. Positive Vibes going out to you guys! ((Morgan))

It was scheduled for 6 but they did it around 2. They got the clot or at least most of it. He was heavily sedated when he came out and his stats were pretty low. They gave him some meds and are moving him to ICU for overnight observation.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
So far so good then? Please keep us posted. And hang in there!
It was scheduled for 6 but they did it around 2. They got the clot or at least most of it. He was heavily sedated when he came out and his stats were pretty low. They gave him some meds and are moving him to ICU for overnight observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread