Three examples of proposed warning graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorba1

Jan 23, 2011
wisconsin
Three examples of proposed warning graphics that will appear on cigarette packaging as part of the government's new tobacco prevention efforts, seen inWashington, Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2010.
capt_08bd4ac5e85e47c186f15d7aa4efc3b8-08bd4ac5e85e47c186f15d7aa4efc3b8-0.jpg

They're trying to stop the kids who can't read yet from grabbing a cigarette? If so, they could just use the "Mr. Yuk" logo.

I like that. Now that you mention it, I remember having that very thought as a kid when I first heard they were going to start putting Surgeon General's warnings on cigs. ...I was kinda disappointed that they didn't use Mr. Yuk cuz I'd already seen the presentation at school and it made sense: That face says all that any kid needs to know--and you don't have to be able to read to get the point without making exaggerations.

My daughter learned to call my cigarettes "yuckies" when she was little... when she was older she told me I should "use the 'pretend' one instead." A (now 10 years old) child "gets it"--why can't the antis??

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Why don't they just list the ingredients? Highlighting certin ones in Bold RED, like Arsensic, Formalhide, ...

Well, the ingredient list could not fit on a pack of cigs, it is way too long. They don't want you to know them anyhow. Just trying to keep children from starting, I think, not really sure. Probably more about no more law suits from cancer patients.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Oddly-One of my nephews (he is 24) can't wait to start collecting them.........of course, Josh is a little warped, but I have a feeling it's not that far off of how "real" kids are going to react.

Knowing how kids think, yeah, they are going to be all about collecting the new cigarette packs.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I think the FDA is going to make fools out of them self's with this new cig packaging.......Since we all know that the FDA is in the cahoots with the Tobacco Companies....If the FDA really wanted to stop killing the American People and our children the future of America...... Then they would have defiantly approved e-cigs or at least do a real study on the whole matter and then draw their conclusion....But unfortunately E-Cigs were shut down by the FDA because it was and still is a real threat to the Major Tobacco Companies.....So this little Pony show that the FDA is doing with these cigarette packs is Exactly what this is.......A PONY SHOW...........

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
I have to admit that when I heard about these morbid packaging proposals a few months ago that's when I seriously returned to vaping. Am now analog-free, so I won't have to stare at what I've known. FDA should be promoting e-cigs, rather than trying to prohibit them, too.

I agree, however, we have a thing called tax to the max anything you can. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread