Throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Usually with pods people use salt nicotine juices and pods with disposable tanks are already filled with juice by manufacturer...

U need to get a Pod that can be filled with any juice u want and so it can be adjusted to your liking cause in order to get throat hit u need juice with 50/50 VG PG or more PG.... but most important is to use classic nicotine and not salt nicotine...
More nicotine gives more throat hit and ofc like already mentioned some flavours give also...

• Winner
Reactions: Winter_Vaper

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Can we please stay on topic instead of derailing my thread?
    I know all about salts, VG/PG, air flow, nic strength etc... Which is why I didn't ask about juice.

Have a vape and calm down. This thread was not derailed. You asked about increasing throat hit and you are receiving information on how to do just that.

Typically speaking, hardware does not have much bearing on throat hit. HOWEVER, increasing wattage (and therefore increasing heat) can accentuate throat hit. Therefore, you should seek a system that is capable of higher wattage than your current system if you want to try to increase TH merely by changing hardware.

But typically people increase throat hit by other means, like changing their juice, not by changing their hardware. Which is why you got the answers you got.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    IIRC, in your other thread you said you are using a Vaporesso Renova Zero pod system. That pod system is capable of 13 watts max. That's relatively light vaping and a cool vape.

If you want a pod system capable of higher wattage (and therefore warmer vapor to increase TH), you may have to get something a bit bigger. One such pod system to look into is the Innokin Kroma-Z, which is capable of up to 40 watts.

$38.10 Authentic Innokin Kroma-Z 40W 3000mAh VW Pod System Mod Kit - 4.5ml / 0.8ohm/0.3ohm / 6-40W at FastTech - Free Shipping

(I link to fasttech, a Chinese retailer, because they usually have the best pictures and best specification documentation. You'll have to shop around for the best deals from other retailers you prefer.)

kayla729

Jun 20, 2021
    Have a vape and calm down. This thread was not derailed. You asked about increasing throat hit and you are receiving information on how to do just that.

Typically speaking, hardware does not have much bearing on throat hit. HOWEVER, increasing wattage (and therefore increasing heat) can accentuate throat hit. Therefore, you should seek a system that is capable of higher wattage than your current system if you want to try to increase TH merely by changing hardware.

But typically people increase throat hit by other means, like changing their juice, not by changing their hardware. Which is why you got the answers you got.
    I didn't ask a question about increasing throat hit.
    I asked a question about if the pod system you are using effects throat hit.

kayla729

Jun 20, 2021
    IIRC, in your other thread you said you are using a Vaporesso Renova Zero pod system. That pod system is capable of 13 watts max. That's relatively light vaping and a cool vape.

If you want a pod system capable of higher wattage (and therefore warmer vapor to increase TH), you may have to get something a bit bigger. One such pod system to look into is the Innokin Kroma-Z, which is capable of up to 40 watts.

$38.10 Authentic Innokin Kroma-Z 40W 3000mAh VW Pod System Mod Kit - 4.5ml / 0.8ohm/0.3ohm / 6-40W at FastTech - Free Shipping

(I link to fasttech, a Chinese retailer, because they usually have the best pictures and best specification documentation. You'll have to shop around for the best deals from other retailers you prefer.)
    Thank you

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Can we please stay on topic instead of derailing my thread?
    I know all about salts, VG/PG, air flow, nic strength etc... Which is why I didn't ask about juice.

I didn't ask a question about increasing throat hit.
    I asked a question about if the pod system you are using effects throat hit.

Lot of nice people here in ECF,they have helped me with my vaping problems and with some real life stuff i was going thru aswell.

You know the Golden Rule,right?

Golden Rule - Wikipedia

So tread carefully,you asked a question and you got valid answers and then replied back with attitude?
    Yeah not cool...

Last edited:
    Tesla Invader GT can go up to 50W, has airflow adjustment and can fit a variety of coils - 0.2, 0.3, 0.6, 0.8 and even an RBA, some of them being mesh, some regular. I found it to be the most versatile of all the pod kits I looked at, using it with 50mg saltnic/3mg freebase mixed 50/50, getting a niiiiice throat hit @ 15W with 0.6 regular coil and airflow set to half. Tried it with pure 3mg freebase @ 45W with 0.2 mesh coil, was also quite nice. All juices I'm using are 'iced', I feel like that contributes to throat hit too.

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

uhShakey

Oct 21, 2021

I don’t believe that changing your hardware doesn’t change throat hit for a minute. I vaped the same 24mg salt nic juice on my Orion DNA at 13 watts and it gave me the best throat hit I’ve found since switching to vaping. Now with PMTA bans and the pods being harder and harder to get , i switched to the Uwell Havok and I’m vaping the same juice at 20 watts (8watts higher) with little airflow and not getting half the throat hit i was getting from my Orion.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I don’t believe that changing your hardware doesn’t change throat hit for a minute. I vaped the same 24mg salt nic juice on my Orion DNA at 13 watts and it gave me the best throat hit I’ve found since switching to vaping. Now with PMTA bans and the pods being harder and harder to get , i switched to the Uwell Havok and I’m vaping the same juice at 20 watts (8watts higher) with little airflow and not getting half the throat hit i was getting from my Orion.

There is very little in hardware that affects TH.. in fact, only 2 things in hardware that even can affect the hit, whereas there are more thing's in e-juice that does..

That's why e-juice is the go-to advice when wanting to change TH, it's cheaper to change out and try different variables in e-juice then it is to change out hardware for a slight chance of improvement..

when compared to a guaranteed improvement when changing up the juice which is less expensive, it's easy to see why juice gets suggested...

• Agree
    Reactions: Superuser187
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread