Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So totally wicked is up to its standard shenanigans again. Argh. I hate totally wicked. They make none of their own stuff they just commission others and rename it at a markup. The pictur I saw of the coils used for the slider was a nautilus coil. Totally wicked could have commissioned nautilus coils at low ohms and called it a sub ohm device. A really horrible sub ohm device since nautilus coils don’t have the airflow to do sub ohm properly but it’s the kind of thing they’d do.
The guy apparently wants to chuck clouds though so in any case he’s got the wrong atty
I think being new to vaping his body is not used to it yet. It can take some people longer to get used to it than others.
:)

Reactions: bombastinator

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
should I just buy a liquid with lower nicotine in it and try that first and if that didn't work I would but a new tank
Can not hurt to try, just be aware of your cravings for smokes then. If you start having strong cravings to have a smoke, then you will know it is too low and you need more.

Reactions: bombastinator

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
sadly I don't have more liquids other than this one for now, what vg should be in the new liquid as I will be ordering some juices via Amazon but first I just want to know whats wrong whether its the nicotine in the juice very much or it's tank related problem

should I just buy a liquid with lower nicotine in it and try that first and if that didn't work I would but a new tank

I would suggest ordering from somewhere else next time ;)
I've never bought from totally wicked because when I had looked them up in the past all of their devices seemed to be rip offs of anothers and the price jacked up way to high....
and as they don't seem to properly label their juice, please go running and screaming in the opposite direction

there are a lot of places online to get a decent juice at a good deal (or look for sales)

others have tried to help with your problem but without us really knowing about your atty we won't be able to offer a lot of help since as stated by others totally wicked tends to clone things and then make alterations to them and usually apparently not for the better....if at all possible see if you can return your items it will be less of a headache probably in the end especially because when it comes time to replace the coil, no one here yet knows what exact coil you would need....i didn't look to see if what you are using is rebuildable or not (I'm assuming not) so then buying coils from totally wicked can probably become pricey as well

but if you are wanting to and or stuck with what you currently have at least please try a different place for juice
and I highly suggest if you are wanting more vape production (plume) and less throat hit then get a juice that is at least 70vg/30pg but I would suggest higher (80vg/20pg or max vg) this should help a lot....
but again keep in mind as well, new vapers always have coughing fits, it's normal....vaping is not smoking and is denser than smoke, it feels thicker in the lungs
try at first just to draw the vape into your mouth hold it there for a few seconds and then inhale to lungs and see if that doesn't help with the coughing...again though as I said before you don't actually have to inhale to lungs to get the nicotine, you can simply hold it in your mouth and exhale...I tend to do this, I'll do one or two draws into my lungs (Direct To Lung Hit (DTL) ) and then maybe a few Mouth To Lung Hits (MTL) and then the rest I just do a few short draws into my mouth and then exhale without taking to my lungs....otherwise it will start to make me cough and slight throat irritation...even after 5 years smoke free my lungs aren't quite ready for DTL vaping
nor do I like hot vapes (anything over 20w) and that will tend to irritate me as well

and don't worry we've all made the mistake either when first vaping or later on buying something that wasn't a good idea but sounded like it at the time :lol:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and Welcome,

Go to Boots in the morning.
Buy some VG
fmm53t.jpg

In a separate container, mix 3ml of Vg with 3ml of the Green apple 50/50 1.0% (10mg/ml).
It will boost the VG content and reduce your nicotine level. Approx 75% VG, .5% nicotine (5mg/ml)

How long did you smoke and how many per day? tailor made or rollies?

Cheers
I

GattHF

Oct 13, 2018
I would suggest ordering from somewhere else next time ;)
I've never bought from totally wicked because when I had looked them up in the past all of their devices seemed to be rip offs of anothers and the price jacked up way to high....
and as they don't seem to properly label their juice, please go running and screaming in the opposite direction

there are a lot of places online to get a decent juice at a good deal (or look for sales)

others have tried to help with your problem but without us really knowing about your atty we won't be able to offer a lot of help since as stated by others totally wicked tends to clone things and then make alterations to them and usually apparently not for the better....if at all possible see if you can return your items it will be less of a headache probably in the end especially because when it comes time to replace the coil, no one here yet knows what exact coil you would need....i didn't look to see if what you are using is rebuildable or not (I'm assuming not) so then buying coils from totally wicked can probably become pricey as well

but if you are wanting to and or stuck with what you currently have at least please try a different place for juice
and I highly suggest if you are wanting more vape production (plume) and less throat hit then get a juice that is at least 70vg/30pg but I would suggest higher (80vg/20pg or max vg) this should help a lot....
but again keep in mind as well, new vapers always have coughing fits, it's normal....vaping is not smoking and is denser than smoke, it feels thicker in the lungs
try at first just to draw the vape into your mouth hold it there for a few seconds and then inhale to lungs and see if that doesn't help with the coughing...again though as I said before you don't actually have to inhale to lungs to get the nicotine, you can simply hold it in your mouth and exhale...I tend to do this, I'll do one or two draws into my lungs (Direct To Lung Hit (DTL) ) and then maybe a few Mouth To Lung Hits (MTL) and then the rest I just do a few short draws into my mouth and then exhale without taking to my lungs....otherwise it will start to make me cough and slight throat irritation...even after 5 years smoke free my lungs aren't quite ready for DTL vaping
nor do I like hot vapes (anything over 20w) and that will tend to irritate me as well

and don't worry we've all made the mistake either when first vaping or later on buying something that wasn't a good idea but sounded like it at the time :lol:
I appreciate the help what tank/atty would you recommend me to buy?

Reactions: stols001

GattHF

Oct 13, 2018
Hi and Welcome,

Go to Boots in the morning.
Buy some VG
View attachment 773307
In a separate container, mix 3ml of Vg with 3ml of the Green apple 50/50 1.0% (10mg/ml).
It will boost the VG content and reduce your nicotine level. Approx 75% VG, .5% nicotine (5mg/ml)

How long did you smoke and how many per day? tailor made or rollies?

Cheers
I
will do that but I think it would be much easier if I bought juice 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg because I got the juices for free with the kit anyway and they taste so bad honestly :D and I have been smoking for 4 years- 20 ciggarets Marlboro gold a day

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
will do that but I think it would be much easier if I bought juice 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg because I got the juices for free with the kit anyway and they taste so bad honestly :D and I have been smoking for 4 years- 20 ciggarets Marlboro gold a day
"juices via Amazon"
Please don't buy juice from Amazon or Ebay. Stick to trusted, licensed vendors.
If you need cheap, LiQuid E Liquid - £1 Incredibly Awesome UK Made Cheap 10ml E-LiQuid

Yes, you can buy other juices, other tanks, etc.
The VG is a few quid. It will serve you well as you progress on your vaping journey and it may allow you to use the green apple comfortably. (starting out, avoiding cigarettes is your main goal)
You will find a flavour or two that you love and will want to vape all day every day.
Until you find those flavours, you will vape much horrible juice, much "Meh-not bad juice" and fewer "Wow that's good juice".

Welcome to the ECF.
Best of luck
I

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I appreciate the help what tank/atty would you recommend me to buy?
ah well that is the question....vaping is all about personal preference and while I know you are just starting out so that will be hard to determine...a lot of trial and errors....
so going off what you have already used to do you like and what don't you like
do you want lots of clouds or more flavor
do you want a tight draw (more like a cigarette) or an airy draw (more like a straw)
do you want to pull the vapor directly into your lungs or do you want to take it into your mouth and then swallow (bwahahaha sorry I couldn't resist...vaping always sounds so dirty) but do you want to hold the vapor in your mouth then inhale
do you want a hot vape or a cooler vape
do you want to be able to use your own coils (either that you make with wick and wire or buy premade) or do you want something more plug and play that you just snap in

I can't help much with recommending a tank, I use drippers, but I'm also old school and would never hand a subohm device to a newbie :p ;) I'm really old school and would say the tried and true istick 30w with a protank :lol:
but if you are wanting to sub ohm (means to use coils that are less than 1 ohm) I have used the Aero Mesh Sub ohm Tank and I've enjoyed it at 30w, surprisingly not too hot for me...but I can't really recommend it as the top cap is now stuck and I can't get it off :lol: and asking others for advice it seems to be a common thing with this tank....
but I can at least ask questions and help you figure out what it is that you like or don't like to find out what works best for your vaping needs and then someone more knowledgeable with tanks can help find one that suits your needs
and I'm always happy once you know what it is that you want to search around and help you find the best price possible :w00t:;) it's what I do best

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you need cheap, LiQuid E Liquid - £1 Incredibly Awesome UK Made Cheap 10ml E-LiQuid

The VG is a few quid. It will serve you well as you progress on your vaping journey and it may allow you to use the green apple comfortably. (starting out, avoiding cigarettes is your main goal)
You will find a flavour or two that you love and will want to vape all day every day.
Until you find those flavours, you will vape much horrible juice, much "Meh-not bad juice" and fewer "Wow that's good juice".

Welcome to the ECF.
Best of luck
I
I concur with staying away from amazon or eBay. Both do not allow ecig stuff to be sold so there is shenanigans from the beginning. Both places tend to be filled with fakes

GattHF

Oct 13, 2018
To be honest I would pick clouds over flavour also I did like how comfortable the airy draw like the ones I have now so I would go for them, yeah I would like to inhale directly to lungs not into swallowing thingy hahaha :D not sure what do you mean by cooler or hotter vape :p and hmm I guess remade coils in the best for me!

I appreciate your help :)

GattHF

Oct 13, 2018

Welcome to the ECF.
Best of luck
I
tbh I didn't know Amazon would allow fake juices to be sold I will stick to the site you gave me thanks

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
tbh I didn't know Amazon would allow fake juices to be sold I will stick to the site you gave me thanks
Not everything sold by amazon comes from amazon. They’d have to mislabel it as a non ecig product to get it on the site. Amazon is so huge though that a lot of people get away with it. At least for a while.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
To be honest I would pick clouds over flavour also I did like how comfortable the airy draw like the ones I have now so I would go for them, yeah I would like to inhale directly to lungs not into swallowing thingy hahaha :D not sure what do you mean by cooler or hotter vape :p and hmm I guess remade coils in the best for me!

I appreciate your help :)
I think until you are able to obtain new ejuice, you should follow @Izan advice with getting the Vg and putting some of your green apple in it. It will reduce the harshness and give you more clouds until you can find something else you like. You may want to add 2 drops of distilled water to make it a bit thinner so it will mix together well with the ejuice. Just do as Izan suggested and shake the bottle once all the ingredients are in there. You can pick up any type of plastic bottle to hold it or you can just put some vg into the tank with the green apple. It will take a while to totally mix tho. You will find it so much more pleasant on your throat. And it may make the ejuice a little more pleasant to vape as the vg has a slight sweetness to it.

Hot and cooler vape means just that. Cooler vapes are not harsh and have no heat in the vapor, so it is easier on the throat. Some like their vapor to have a throat hit and its usually hot in temp.

• Love
Reactions: Izan

GattHF

Oct 13, 2018
I think until you are able to obtain new ejuice, you should follow @Izan advice with getting the Vg and putting some of your green apple in it. It will reduce the harshness and give you more clouds until you can find something else you like. You may want to add 2 drops of distilled water to make it a bit thinner so it will mix together well with the ejuice. Just do as Izan suggested and shake the bottle once all the ingredients are in there. You can pick up any type of plastic bottle to hold it or you can just put some vg into the tank with the green apple. It will take a while to totally mix tho. You will find it so much more pleasant on your throat. And it may make the ejuice a little more pleasant to vape as the vg has a slight sweetness to it.

Hot and cooler vape means just that. Cooler vapes are not harsh and have no heat in the vapor, so it is easier on the throat. Some like their vapor to have a throat hit and its usually hot in temp.

alright thanks I will pass tomorrow to boots and see if its there

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay there are so many factors at play here. I do think you are getting somewhere now.

First, you are transitioning I assume, most dual users do some coughing and spluttering as they transition to a degree.

Your elilquid, nic is actually on the low side for TRUE MTL, which I don't quite know what you are vaping but at 30 watts, it certainly could be harsh. Clearly you need a tank that is identifiable, and that doesn't suck. If you want airy and can get your hands on one (not always easy) I might suggest the Original Uwell Crown tank it has coils with a ton of resistance ranges but is set up as a CLOUD tank as far as airflow and drip tip- but you can get some very high resistance coil heads, so you could experiment with different resistances and wattage ranges to see how hot or cool you like your vape. If you can't get that tank well try to get something similar, something that offers a wider range of resistances and plenty of airflow though.

You can be sensitive to an ingredient in vape, I am sensitive to PG and can tolerate only a small amount in my vape. To test that out, get small bottles of various strengths eliquids. I would also (if you can) suggest some "basic" flavors, meaning flavors that aren't super complicated like, "Monkey popcorn eating custard with accents of chocolate and rasberry," in case you are sensitive to a flavor ingredient. Start with something, like, oh "Mint" or something. One less variable (although mint can be harsh to some folks acutually so something like, maybe "mango." Whatever. You just want a liquid that isn't filled with 17 flavors I would think.

If you find you like higher wattage very cloudy vaping, it is quite probably you may need to reduce your nic from 10% to like 3 or 6% both to avoid harshness and nicotine overload as you will be inhaling far more vapor per puff.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, but as someone who is PG sensitive and cant handle vanilla flavors (they make me hoarse) and who showed up here with a 12 mg juice in a super cloudy setup, like my coils were 0.15 I think, and coughing her brains out, I am here to attest that all this can be FIXED just treat it LIKE a to do list, and nonchalantly make your way down the list, noting your physical reactions at any given time. But, all this can be sorted OUT is my point.

Keep at it and welcome.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thank you for your reply the juice im using is 10 mg/ml im not sure about ng/vg thingy as its not written on the liquid box, I don't cought from 20w but rarely visible vapor at 20w :/ also I just got the vape yesterday

Some tanks are designed for mouth to lung (MTL) vaping. If you vape it like you smoked a cigarette you will get weak vapor. Direct to lung means that you inhale like you are filling your lungs with air. Mouth to lung is like smoking a cigarette.

The TECC Slider 2ml Tank is a direct to lung tank from what I've read. Most of the articles from search engines are about red ear turtles, though. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
yes but I'm not using the tank that came with it, I'm using the Slider 2 tank 0.5 omh, ML2, 30-100W, I have uploaded a picture of the liquid I'm using and tank as well
I've been vaping for about 4 years and vape 60pg 40vg 5 mg.ml nicotine, unflavored ejuice DTL (Direct to Lung). Not long ago I made a small batch of 10 mg/ml ejuice and found it too harsh to vape. Oh, I am also vaping on a Kayfun V5 at 25 watts with an SS316L (Stainless Steel) coil. I would not recommend sub-ohm vaping to a beginner. When I started vaping it took quite a while for me to find a good combination of tank and mod. It was a nautilus tank with EVOD VV pen style mod. I found a friendly vape shop and they got me on the right path to quit smoking and to vape safely. I recently switched over to power mode from temp control. I got tired of constantly fiddling with temp control. I found 30 watts too much for me and settled on 25. I am now happy with my vape and have stored my TC devices with my other backup gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread