Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Fair enough. I’ve heard of grocers and bargain centers being referred to as pound shops, but never a vape shop.
In the United States, that would be akin to getting vape juice at the dollar general store. Not aware that DG sells juice but if they did, I most certainly would not buy it there. Just sayin...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
In the United States, that would be akin to getting vape juice at the dollar general store. Not aware that DG sells juice but if they did, I most certainly would not buy it there. Just sayin...

I agree and it would be much the same here in Canada. I have heard the term “pound shop” before, but not in the context of referring to a vape store, hence why I inquired.

Reactions: Coyote628

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Many Pound shops in the UK sell vape Liquid - as paradoxically does Iceland which is a frozen food retailer and a 10 ml bottle comes in around £0.95 - £1.00.

Often the brand sold is "88 Vape" - if you google it you can even get a data sheet and its certificates from the maker. Dependent on the strength it is offered in either 50/50 PG/VG - or 70/30 VG/PG.

It's so cheap and actually so good half the time I don't bother making my own any more ( I use the Menthol or Menthol Chill )

Under the 88 Vape Lable they also sell basic vape devices akin to the old Ego CE4's that so many of us started with.

These do vape "wet" and can be run well past the time they should be because of their silica wicks. Running a wick like that too long will give me a throaty cough; using VG at 70% will give me a chesty cough.

Obviously I can only talk from my own personal experience, others may differ.

To me the answer to the OP's problem is to try 50/50 PG/VG liquid and when money permits to buy a better device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread