Tingly mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
Had been using Blu at their "high" nicotine level and could pretty much vape continuously on them without overdose or any noticeable side effects.

Just got my new Bolt mod and accessories, and I'm trying out Boba's Bounty and Gorilla at the 18mg level, and they seem to make my mouth tingly and a little numb. No other side effects, like nausea or headache. Anyone had this symptom and diagnosed and fixed it? Do you think I should just go down to lower nicotine concentrations?

Thanks in advance.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
For the most part, it seems like everyones "high" is 18mg so I want to say that its not the nicotine causing the problem. I have boba's bounty and didn't have that happen to me, so I want to say that it could be something with the flavoring. Did you receive the juice and start vaping right away? I usually let my juices steep for about a week at least before vaping them, so maybe its still steeping and causing this to happen to you. Let the juice sit for a few days and try it again and see if there is a difference. Hope this helps

shmeer

Mar 15, 2012
richmond bc
I had the exact same issue.. persisted for about a month. I would actually get a tingly sensation under my tongue right near my bottom front teeth, it was pretty annoying. One day I noticed that the sensation went away and I haven't since had any issues. Maybe it's something your body eventually gets used to? If it persists, try switching nicotine levels, and play with PG/VG ratios. Hope that helps.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Hi and welcome to the ECF. I have a couple of thoughts about your issues.

The BLU high is 16 mg/ml, the switch to 18 mg/ml is minimal and your symptoms don't match with nic overdose (nausea, headache, sweats, balance probs).

You may be sensitive to one of the flavorants in these juices. I have heard of some ejuice manufacturers increasing throat hit of high-VG juices by adding some capsicum oil (hot pepper oil). I don't know if Alien Visions does that for these two juices. I would suggest you switch juices to see if you can find one that doesn't affect your throat.

Good luck and happy vaping

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Just a side note, from my experience and researching I have done (been vaping since 2009) some people are allergic or have reactions to PG. Boba's Bounty 100% VG as well as Gorilla juice (possibly 90%) so I wouldn't think its an allergic reaction to the Base of the juice.

Shmeer had a similar experience and could possibly be something that is caused by your body adjusting and will eventually go away like it did him/her.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
I have heard of some ejuice manufacturers increasing throat hit of high-VG juices by adding some capsicum oil (hot pepper oil).

I am almost 100% sure there is no capsicum oil in these juices, vape boba's all the time. Unless they have changed the juice since I last got mine. A valid point nonetheless.

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
Thanks for the valuable input, everybody! Okay: probably not related to base, probably not nicotine level, could be poorly tolerated flavorant, or I could be misusing my cartomizer with tank and getting small amounts of juice in my mouth.

I have a large number of other flavors on the way, from a number of vendors. That'll give me some more data. :)

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
One more hypothesis occurred to me, though:

The Bolt is just cranking out the vapor, compared to the Blu, just as advertised. I have to assume that this corresponds to a much higher quantity of juice being vaporized. The uncomfortable tingling could plausibly be caused by unprecedented amounts of nicotine in my mouth. I have not been able to vape the Bolt+tank for nearly as long and hard as the Blu, mostly because of that uncomfortable tingly numb sensation. I probably avoid nicotine overdose even though it's affecting my mouth.

If this is right, I gotta seriously cut the nicotine in my juice so I can really honk on this thing like I want to. :)

badmotivator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Eugene, OR
Tested the ingredient sensitivity idea by filling a Blu cartomizer with Boba's Bounty. No mouth discomfort.

Tested the juice in mouth idea by diluting Boba's down to 1/5 strength using USP Glycerine and vaping with the Bolt mod. No mouth discomfort, and no other indications that I was getting anything in my mouth other than vapor.

I'm pretty convinced that I was just exposing my mouth to unusually high nicotine concentrations because of greatly increased vapor production by the Bolt mod. I felt no other nicotine overdose symptoms because I stopped vaping because of mouth discomfort.

The remedy will be to use far lower nicotine levels so that I can vape as much as I'd like. Which means, sadly, that I'll have to order a bunch of Omg juices to cut into all the 18mg I have coming. Errr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread