Understanding Your Symptoms While Adjusting To Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
STICKY THAT! Yeah def vaping way too much to get that calm feeling. Got real sick the other day and i do 24mg. But take it from someone who has kicked ......! the best way is to just go through the withdrawls and keep up with the nic! But i havent had a cig in four days and i still feel anxious after vaping to much so i have calmed down but overall fight the good fight its worth not dieing.

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
also i forgot to add sometimes what helps me is to drip 4 or 5 drops and after the vapes gone put it down! and dont come back until at least 40 min later so i time my vapes. It helps me like i would smoke analogs. Also sometimes i still go outside and vap that mentally helps me feel like im smokeing more from some reason i hope that helps!

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
An updated version of my original post on this thread has now been added to the ECF library (The ECF Library - E-Cigarette Forum)

I'd like to thank everyone for all the positive comments, and special thanks to moderator M & M for guidance in improving the post in numerous ways and for for recommending it to the library.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Thank you DVap! Your work in this area (not the only one you've helped us understand) was what resulted in me finally reconciling my confused symptoms and to put smoking behind. I keep hoping that some reasonably funded university people will pick up on the excellent start you've given them.

Hey university researchers! How does "The effect of non-nicotine alkaloids in cigarette addiction" sound as a topic? Pretty good eh?

DVap, your posts about the "why" are what finally got me right by following TropicalBob's lead. A few of his beloved snus were enough to make me "right." If anyone reading this finds that still inadequate, you are a rare case and I recommend extensive reading of TropicalBob's posts. He is an exceptional case who worked out how to control (just) his needs by trial and error, before the rest of us even began talking about the X-Factor.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Mister, this is quite a wonderful, useful, and well-researched article! No wonder it was so quickly added to the Library.

I don't fully agree with you on one statement: "There is no quick satisfaction (rush) from vaping." Isn't that what TH is? At least that's how I experience it and described it in my WWV guide.

If you don't get a rush from vaping, maybe you need to try a different model and/or higher voltage. For example, I love the 510's vapor, but I get no throat hit from it. The penstyle (e.g., DSE801) is my preferred atomizer for nicotine hit vaping, especially at ~4.2V, e.g., a freshly charged or high-mAh "3.7V" battery and some passthroughs.

But that "rush" issue is very minor and doesn't compare to the many downright errors:oops: in my opus.

Well done!:thumb:

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Mister, this is quite a wonderful, useful, and well-researched article! No wonder it was so quickly added to the Library.

I don't fully agree with you on one statement: "There is no quick satisfaction (rush) from vaping." Isn't that what TH is? At least that's how I experience it and described it in my WWV guide.

If you don't get a rush from vaping, maybe you need to try a different model and/or higher voltage. For example, I love the 510's vapor, but I get no throat hit from it. The penstyle (e.g., DSE801) is my preferred atomizer for nicotine hit vaping, especially at ~4.2V, e.g., a freshly charged or high-mAh "3.7V" battery and some passthroughs.
Thanks DonDaBoomVape! I feel honored to have my article placed beside your opus on the library shelf.

You're right about the quick satisfaction / rush. I should have been more specific in the article. I was referring to the physical blood/brain kind of rush there, which seems to be less and slower with e-cigarettes due to no carbon monoxide and due to slower nicotine absorption. But the satisfaction we get is extremely complicated and the immediate gratifaction from the sensation of vaping also comes into it.

BTW, I too have settled into an 801 atomizer, in my case in the form of a J-Stick. I've written a short article describing my current vaping routine, an approach for the non-hobbyist. If you're curious it is at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69830-settling-routine-long-term-vaping.html.

ajfromCT

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2010
CT
My results/symptoms to date:

I started on 1/04

1) I've had a minor runny/stuffy nose since then (no big deal)

2) chapped upper lip since then

3) week 3 I had an eye twich (lasted 1 week)

Now, I've been using 24/36 mg and I think it may be too much (i smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and thought I needed hi nic) I will cut back to 18/24.

A previous poster stated that you have to monitor your reaction and adjust accordingly. I totally agree!

Bottom line, This may save many lives. I have no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread