Why you shouldn't CHAIN vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
As we all know if you're using nicotine e-liquids it's possible to OD on e-liquid (None life threatening in most cases but still bad side effects)
I'm not a doctor, but I encourage you to not chain vape.

Less common
  • Fast or irregular heartbeat
  • fever with or without chills
  • headache
  • nausea with or without vomiting
  • runny nose
  • shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, trouble with breathing, or wheezing
  • skin rash, itching, or hives
  • tearing of the eyes
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking nicotine:
Symptoms of overdose
  • Abdominal or stomach pain
  • cold sweat
  • confusion
  • convulsions (seizures)
  • disturbed hearing and vision
  • drooling
  • extreme exhaustion
  • pale skin
  • slow heartbeat
  • tremors
Some side effects of nicotine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
More common
  • Acid or sour stomach
  • belching
  • coughing
  • heartburn
  • indigestion
  • mouth and throat irritation
  • stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
  • stuffy nose
Less common
  • Anxiety
  • back pain
  • change in taste
  • dizziness
  • feeling of burning, numbness, tightness, tingling, warmth, or heat
  • feelings of drug dependence
  • flu-like symptoms
  • general pain
  • hiccups
  • mental depression
  • pain in the jaw and neck
  • pain in the muscles
  • passing of gas
  • problems with teeth
  • trouble with sleeping
  • unusual tiredness or weakness

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakelet

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
I chained vaped all yesterday, and it was a bad idea for me.

Here's what I experienced.

- dizziness
- feeling of burning/warmth/heat to my skin
- stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- mouth and throat irritation
- nausea without vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- coughing
- Red dry irritating eyes
- shortness of breath + tightness in the chest + wheezing

Last edited:

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
I was just showing the side effects that are backed up with scientific research. I'm not saying e-cigs are bad at all, but chain vaping in my opinion is not a good choice.

You have good research here. There have been occasions where I felt sick from taking huge long hits one after another, I get like that when I take my sleep meds and I chain vape at that point triggering some of the data you presented.

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
I guess it depends on how much nicotine is in the vape that you're chaining, and what your tolerance for nicotine is.

I'd certainly agree: if you have an adverse reaction to vaping you should cut down (just like with drinking, or eating, or exercising, or pretty much anything else). I sometimes find myself chain vaping... not often, but sometimes. Never had a bad reaction.

It does sound like the O.P. should cut way down, though.

Storemyace

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
I guess it depends on how much nicotine is in the vape that you're chaining, and what your tolerance for nicotine is.

I'd certainly agree: if you have an adverse reaction to vaping you should cut down (just like with drinking, or eating, or exercising, or pretty much anything else). I sometimes find myself chain vaping... not often, but sometimes. Never had a bad reaction.

It does sound like the O.P. should cut way down, though.

It's my second day so far, chained vaped 9ml of 18mg nic yesterday. From posts I read it's quite normal to vape this amount if you're not smoking any analogues along with vaping. It should take me about a week to cut down.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
It's my second day so far, chained vaped 9ml of 18mg nic yesterday. From posts I read it's quite normal to vape this amount if you're not smoking any analogues along with vaping. It should take me about a week to cut down.

18 mg is a common level of nicotine in the eliquid for many vapers starting out, first quitting. The 9 mL vaped in one day is about DOUBLE the normal amount of eliquid vaped in one day on average. Most use 3 to 4 mL per day.

If you were going to continue using 9 mL a day, cutting the nicotine level in half may be your best bet. 9 mL is chain vaping to it's extreme, I vape a lot but may only hit 5 mL maximum in a day, even chain vaping. And I've been vaping over 3 1/2 years.

RichRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
South Lake Tahoe, CA

holy hell! if i vaped 9ml of 18mg ide absolutely be feeling ill! i chain vape 0 or 6mg all day long and get no side effects from it, if you want to chain cape go to a very low mg!
also my ml usage is about 3-5ml a day

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
Seems you would've started your post with details about yourself and your experience, rather than a laundry list from webmd, or whatever. I sense an agenda here.

If you're on the level, you should work hard to cut your intake (9ml of 18 mg on day 2 is ridiculous). But I suspect that's not the case.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
As we all know if you're using nicotine e-liquids it's possible to OD on e-liquid (None life threatening in most cases but still bad side effects)
I'm not a doctor, but I encourage you to not chain vape.

I smoked 1 pad for 37 years. I started vaping 18 mg juice. I vaped about 4 ml a day back then which is right in line with the average that people vape. I purposely chain vaped when I was having cigarette pangs to help me not smoke. It worked, but I did a few times slightly OD on nic. It didn't take long and I reduced my nic level to 15 mg by mixing 18 mg with 12 mg. That solved it for me and I have now not had a cigarette for 2 years. I also now rarely vape nicotine.

No one has ever died from nicotine OD due to smoking or vaping. IMO the issue is not that you shouldn't chain vape if needed to stay of cigs, but that you should be vaping a nic level that allows you to chain vape when needed. I think the best deal is to have a couple of different nic level juices on hand and switch to less nic for those chain vape situations.

Hope it works out for you :thumb:

spewny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I got these symptoms with my first purchase of 24mg right after quitting. Next bottle was 12mg that I mixed 50/50 or 70/30 to keep stepping down till I could vape what I wanted without getting any adverse effects. After that, moved onto better tanks with more airflow and better vapor and dropped immediately to 6mg to keep from getting any shakes or elevated heartbeat that I could feel in my head. It is a process, and unfortunately almost everything is trial and error since it varies by the individual. Definitely head the advice of the comments above to reduce your reactions, and consider a MUCH lower nic or quantity. Good luck, and welcome to the site :)

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I chain vape 6mg. I had heart surgery back in 97(sinus node ablation) and am very intuned to my heart rate.

If I don't drink enough water while vaping, I get pvc's. It kind of feels like your heart is skipping. This is where I have to put down the device and drink more water.

I had the same issues in the past with chain smoking, drinking too much alcohol and soda.

Moderation is the key as is keeping yourself hydrated!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yeah.... 9ml a day is a lot, especially with 18mg. I started with 24mg, but only vaped 3-4ml a day. After a year I'm vaping 12-18mg but usually only 2-3ml a day, if that.

If you're doing anything, be it vaping, exercising, drinking alcohol, even drinking water, if you start to feel ill stop what you're doing for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread